scots tory infighting begins

Started by Thomas, May 08, 2022, 10:20:03 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2022, 07:20:36 AM
poor auld quackers. Always a few years behind the rest of the world.

Are you still in hiding due to covid or have you emerged into the world yet?

The weather is just right for your socks and sandals.
I don't own any sandals and it's several decades since I last owned a pair. Shows just how out-of-touch you are with reality and what a poor research you rely on. ;D

You're right about the socks though, I'll grant you. I do own several pairs of socks.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 11, 2022, 02:52:37 PM
Actually, it was Morayloon who said that the SNP already had 39 seats and only needed another four`to take control of Glasgow council.

Instead, the SNP lost two seats.

dont blame moray. You mentioned your hope glesga  would return to the brothers and sisters. :D

your other hope was labour would win scotland , and the big resurgence....?

what happened borkie? Wee anas let you down.

:D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2022, 02:27:58 PM
have to say borkie , im not taking anymore of your political predictions after your recent performances. ( glasgow will go  labour he said. :D)

I tell you , you are getting into the same league as pappy and quack quack , who have been telling me retrospectively for the last decade that the tories are doomed or that the snp honeymoon is over.

Actually, it was Morayloon who said that the SNP already had 39 seats and only needed another four`to take control of Glasgow council.

Instead, the SNP lost two seats.

She was always getting terribly excited about taking control of Moray District Coucil where the SNP had 9 seats. Sadly it now has only 8.

In passing, I note that Govan had 3 SNP Councillors in 2017, but is now down to 2.

In your world Tommy, those were glorious victories, but it has to be said, to the rest of us the position is not so clear.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2022, 02:25:13 PM
well there you go then nick. The royals are coming up to scotland worrying unesscessarily , and us independists are suitibly crushed.

I will take a 7 point no lead as a starting point anyday. We started around - 75 or thereabouts last time and narrowed it down to 10 points.
I'm with ya Tom, I think you should get a second Indy Ref as things have changed. The problem is, Sturgeon has taken her eye off the price and gone into some kind of self preservation mode. What the Scots should have done was give the SNP a good kicking at the local elections in order to force a leadership challenge. Move over Sturgeon.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 11, 2022, 12:34:00 PM
I dare say that the majority want a referendum Tommy, but only so that they can give little Nick the Agincourt salute.

have to say borkie , im not taking anymore of your political predictions after your recent performances. ( glasgow will go  labour he said. :D)

I tell you , you are getting into the same league as pappy and quack quack , who have been telling me retrospectively for the last decade that the tories are doomed or that the snp honeymoon is over.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2022, 12:13:37 PM
Really?? Latest poll shows NO has a 7 point lead.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/indyref2-a-fools-errand-as-poll-shows-biggest-no-lead-since-general-election-3218984
well there you go then nick. The royals are coming up to scotland worrying unesscessarily , and us independists are suitibly crushed.

I will take a 7 point no lead as a starting point anyday. We started around - 75 or thereabouts last time and narrowed it down to 10 points.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2022, 08:15:29 AM

Nicola Sturgeon to launch indyref2 push as poll shows 55 per cent support vote

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/nicola-sturgeon-launch-indyref2-push-085651678.html

majority want a referendum , with the yes side starting around 50/50 ( last time salmond took us from twenties to 45 %) and in the torygraph world , borkie repeates english propaganda indepedence is on the back foot after the snp have just won another election?

Im here to debate politics , instead i end up stuck talking to some geriatric trying to do a poor impression of a cross between mickey flanagan and uncle albert from peckham. :D
I dare say that the majority want a referendum Tommy, but only so that they can give little Nick the Agincourt salute.

I can't really see how the SNP can wriggle out of Indy2 in 2023, but I imagine that they will do their best.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on May 11, 2022, 08:15:29 AM

majority want a referendum , with the yes side starting around 50/50 ( last time salmond took us from twenties to 45 %) and in the torygraph world , borkie repeates english propaganda indepedence is on the back foot after the snp have just won another election?

Im here to debate politics , instead i end up stuck talking to some geriatric trying to do a poor impression of a cross between mickey flanagan and uncle albert from peckham. :D
Really?? Latest poll shows NO has a 7 point lead.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/indyref2-a-fools-errand-as-poll-shows-biggest-no-lead-since-general-election-3218984
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 11, 2022, 07:52:31 AM
 So right now, when the independence movement is on the back foot,

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 11, 2022, 07:52:31 AM
England is doing fine Tommy.
That is fantastic borkie , im really glad to hear it. Now if only we can help you stand on your own two feet on your own without us and the irish propping you up , we can send you on your merry way to the return of the empire.

QuoteWe have long based our politics on the idea that the Boris Johnsons, Winston Churchills, Alfred the Greats etc of this world are silly looking bastards but that someone has to drive the bus
Alfred the great was king of a somerset swamp whose claim to fame was surviving those wee danish guys who ran amok elsehwere in england.

I see your point though when i look at keir starmer.

QuoteSo right now, when the independence movement is on the back foot

No comment required. Borkie has been reading the torygraph once again for much needed inspiration.

Quoteinstead of asking why and trying to broaden the appeal of the SNP, you are running

around blaming the English (who would be delighted to see the back of Scotland and its hysterical politics) and the Americans for their invasion of the Ukraine and that and that.
well there you go.

The world trundles on and the englanders are happy in their misery , watching crowns in parliament  , setting the bunting up in thier ghettoes while blaming everything on the french.

some people are easily amused.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on May 09, 2022, 08:18:51 AM
well then , it seems to be the old english men in sais land that for some strange fuckin reason think the guy is great. Im facked if i can see his appeal , except the fact he isnt keir starmer.

Something strangely wrong with englands politics when this is the best they have to offer , holding your nose and voting for the least worst.

....and they scratch their heads every election , navel gazing and wondering why their country is in perpetual decline?

Toots is on here every election lamenting the lack of talent in westmisnter , and can't see , along with most others , its the system that perpetuates talentless bench warmers in an outdated anti democratic feudal parliament set up to keep the old boys hegemony that is the problem.

I support plaid cymru john. Hope they get thier act together. Perhaps once we and the irish go , the welsh might start taking a long hard look at themsleves and do what they should have done centuries ago. :D

Until then they will remain the anglo saxon doormat.

England is doing fine Tommy. We have long based our politics on the idea that the Boris Johnsons, Winston Churchills, Alfred the Greats etc of this world are silly looking bastards but that someone has to drive the bus.

You, on the other hand, need a hero. Which means you also need villains. So right now, when the independence movement is on the back foot, instead of asking why and trying to broaden the appeal of the SNP, you are running
around blaming the English (who would be delighted to see the back of Scotland and its hysterical politics) and the Americans for their invasion of the Ukraine and that and that.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on May 10, 2022, 05:59:58 PM
Man stopped by gang of youths in the street . . .

"Are ye Alba or SNP?"

"Neither, I'm a Tory."

"Aye, but are ye an Alba Tory or an SNP Tory?"
poor auld quackers. Always a few years behind the rest of the world.

Are you still in hiding due to covid or have you emerged into the world yet?

The weather is just right for your socks and sandals.

HDQQ

Man stopped by gang of youths in the street . . .

"Are ye Alba or SNP?"

"Neither, I'm a Tory."

"Aye, but are ye an Alba Tory or an SNP Tory?"

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on May 09, 2022, 08:18:51 AM
well then , it seems to be the old english men in sais land that for some strange fuckin reason think the guy is great. Im facked if i can see his appeal , except the fact he isnt keir starmer.

Something strangely wrong with englands politics when this is the best they have to offer , holding your nose and voting for the least worst.

....and they scratch their heads every election , navel gazing and wondering why their country is in perpetual decline?

Toots is on here every election lamenting the lack of talent in westmisnter , and can't see , along with most others , its the system that perpetuates talentless bench warmers in an outdated anti democratic feudal parliament set up to keep the old boys hegemony that is the problem.

I support plaid cymru john. Hope they get thier act together. Perhaps once we and the irish go , the welsh might start taking a long hard look at themsleves and do what they should have done centuries ago. :D

Oh I'm a in favour of them going back to setting fire to English homes. That way when I retaliate with ricin to solve the Welsh problem ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 09, 2022, 08:11:02 AM
I've referred to Johnson as the Berk with the hair ever since the 2010 my Tory tombstone meme. I've told him to his face he is a prick of the highest order and a gift to the pro EU faction of the UK and as for his Welsh counterpart the corrupt bastard that bribed a turncoat cottage burner with a cushy job for the wife and kid at public expense as a thank you for turning Tory .... He's not exactly on my Christmas card list unless I'm dipping them in anthrax beforehand, so no, it's not remotely embarrassing. Just f**king annoying their antics let the cottage burner loving Labour Tw** stay in charge.