Macron's invitation to the UK

Started by T00ts, May 09, 2022, 10:53:39 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on May 10, 2022, 09:12:50 AM
OK this will be unpopular on here but look further in to this,status of where we were in the common market is sensible because trade with close neighbours make sense.

Cooperation is fine by me both economic nd security/defence,we know now the US is unreliable,people circulation (Macron speak for free movement) is off limits.

Everything is worth looking at and negotiating on.
Most of that is already in place through various agreements . As its been from day one though the Irish border remains a stumbling block 

cromwell

OK this will be unpopular on here but look further in to this,status of where we were in the common market is sensible because trade with close neighbours make sense.

Cooperation is fine by me both economic and security/defence,we know now the US is unreliable,people circulation (Macron speak for free movement) is off limits.

Everything is worth looking at and negotiating on.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 10, 2022, 07:07:51 AM

In about a million years, after the radioactivity has died down a bit, Britain should be able to reclaim the volcanic slag pile where Brittany and Normandy used to be as ours.
brittany and normandy was never "yours" john.

You belonged to them mate.

See that wee guy who sailed over in 1066? Well he was a frenchman , spoke french , french manners and dress , and had a bit of viking blood in his veins.

For the next three hundred or more years , England and south wales was the armpit of the angevin empire. When english john wanted to build a shed in his back garden in dagenham , he had to travel over to poitiers to ask permission from his french king.

"Britian" as you put it is doomed john , you do realise that? If it doesnt split apart , and johnson has got the ball rolling with handing northern ireland over to europe , its going to be swallowed into the united states of europe.

Still stories like this keep the gold clubs of middle england in a fury  , brexiters in power , and johnson as the darling of the nutters in anglo saxon land , so its all good.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 10, 2022, 06:48:53 AM
EU Army ,Nuclear deterents , invites to the UK to keep paying the bill  , whatever next ?
I'd say "a demand that France win Eurovision"

But he's done that already. When you next have insomnia, Google it

In fact, I think I've had this marvellous idea.

He should offer membership of his new union to The Ukraine.

In about a million years, after the radioactivity has died down a bit, Britain should be able to reclaim the volcanic slag pile where Brittany and Normandy used to be as ours.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

EU Army ,Nuclear deterents , invites to the UK to keep paying the bill  , whatever next ?

The man is a fantasist 

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on May 09, 2022, 10:53:39 PM
Well I guess they are missing our fees already. Macron today proposed a political union outside of the full EU membership but with a say on EU decisions and laws. Whoopdedoo!!

There are lots of reports in various media so easy to find. I just wonder where this brainwave came from. After all the French and Macron in particular loath us so it seems. Why on earth would we even consider such a move?

https://www.google.com/search?q=macron+invites+UK+to+join+political+union&oq=macron+invites+UK+to+join+political+union&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.14188j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

He just doesn't get it.

Or maybe his aides are telling him the council elections mean the lib Dems are on the way back to power 😅
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Well I guess they are missing our fees already. Macron today proposed a political union outside of the full EU membership but with a say on EU decisions and laws. Whoopdedoo!!

There are lots of reports in various media so easy to find. I just wonder where this brainwave came from. After all the French and Macron in particular loath us so it seems. Why on earth would we even consider such a move?

https://www.google.com/search?q=macron+invites+UK+to+join+political+union&oq=macron+invites+UK+to+join+political+union&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.14188j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8