Charles to open Parliament

Started by T00ts, May 10, 2022, 09:32:36 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 10, 2022, 12:58:13 PM
I read last somewhere that Charlie and William were to represent the Queen and sit in the little chairs leaving the big chair empty which would have meant civies .

I think Camilla may have gate crashed it which meant Charlie having to sit in the big chair which means putting on the fancy dress 

Its all about which chair you sit in ;)
Mmm not so sure. The throne was there empty wasn't it with the crown in front of it to represent the Queen's presence? I can remember Princess Anne and Ladies in Waiting all being in formal dresses years ago.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on May 10, 2022, 12:21:13 PM
Yes he did well with the right amount of deference to the absent Queen. Interesting to see both Camilla and William in day clothes. I thought all royals involved usually dress up with women in white formal dresses. I wonder was this because the Queen wasn't present or a mark of Charles' preferences.
I read last somewhere that Charlie and William were to represent the Queen and sit in the little chairs leaving the big chair empty which would have meant civies .

I think Camilla may have gate crashed it which meant Charlie having to sit in the big chair which means putting on the fancy dress  

Its all about which chair you sit in ;)

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 10, 2022, 12:00:53 PM
Good job by Charlie .  Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag 

Edit to put space between emojis.
Yes he did well with the right amount of deference to the absent Queen. Interesting to see both Camilla and William in day clothes. I thought all royals involved usually dress up with women in white formal dresses. I wonder was this because the Queen wasn't present or a mark of Charles' preferences.

Streetwalker

Good job by Charlie .  Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag  

Edit to put space between emojis.

T00ts

What a churlish lot you are. You hate the monarchy but what would you put in it's place? I might point out that the grass is not necessarily greener and what is wrong with tradition? We have had a long reign by the current Queen but the future looks very much as if they wish to modernise. The Queen has done pretty well to hold it all together considering the many bit players on the sidelines, but it isn't always a good plan to blow everything up just because tradition has become a dirty word.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on May 10, 2022, 09:32:36 AM
It's sad that the Queen is handing over the Opening Ceremony to Charles today. I wonder if he will be tempted to go off script? Of course not his Mother would make mincemeat of him.  I almost wish it were feasible for her to ride nobly through the HofL in some sort of buggy but I guess she doesn't fancy it.

The Crown will be placed before the throne and Charles will sit to one side to read the speech. I shall be interested to watch it today.
I'd be far more interested if it were his eldest son doing the job.

That would indicate The Firm believe they still have a future
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on May 10, 2022, 09:50:23 AM
Good luck with that. We are decorating, so will be watching some paint drying.
:D

will charles be talking to the spider plants in the corridors?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

The Crown will be placed before the throne and Charles will sit to one side to read the speech. I shall be interested to watch it today.
Good luck with that. We are decorating, so will be watching some paint drying.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

It's sad that the Queen is handing over the Opening Ceremony to Charles today. I wonder if he will be tempted to go off script? Of course not his Mother would make mincemeat of him.  I almost wish it were feasible for her to ride nobly through the HofL in some sort of buggy but I guess she doesn't fancy it.

you must be one of the few. A sign of the end is nigh i would think.

Wont be much bunting on neighbourhood tables in scotland next month i would think.

Uproar in aberdeen yesterday as a class teacher forced students to sing GSTQ. Meanwhile in glesga i was in a major city centre pub the other week where live musicians were singing go home british soldiers go on home. Have you got no fackin homes of your own.

I think this fascination with the crown and monarchy , jug ears and all the rest shows how out of touch the uk elite are with those of us on the ground.

Not just in the rebellious jock and paddy provinces either .

End of an era toots. I think when lizzie goes , and nae offence to the old dear , but she is a good age now , and has had good innings , its a sign of the beginning of the end of the british state .

I see they still use norman french in the house of lords would you believe , while in jockland and paddyland they moan about the use of gaidhlig as being unbritish. :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts