No power for Finland

Started by T00ts, May 13, 2022, 05:18:46 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 17, 2022, 08:18:12 AM
Turkey always adds confusion ,they can't even decide what continent they are on
Turkey,should tell 'em to get stuffed.:D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 17, 2022, 02:38:58 AM
Ok so as far as I can work.out ...

Putin has driven Finland and Sweden into the arms of NATO on the grounds they had a few decades non aligned which worked, but now it seems that won't work any more

And Turkey will veto them both because their head guy is piss d at both helping the Kurds he wants to slaughter...

I thought Turkey wasn't a fan of Syria who worship Putin as a god.

I'm getting confused.
Turkey always adds confusion ,they can't even decide what continent they are on 

johnofgwent

Ok so as far as I can work.out ...

Putin has driven Finland and Sweden into the arms of NATO on the grounds they had a few decades non aligned which worked, but now it seems that won't work any more

And Turkey will veto them both because their head guy is piss d at both helping the Kurds he wants to slaughter...

I thought Turkey wasn't a fan of Syria who worship Putin as a god.

I'm getting confused.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Scott777 on May 14, 2022, 07:31:39 PM
It was 2 posts.  I am not complaining, but it's disappointing to see things disappear, and no mention of it, until I ask.  How would I know if an error occurred?
Mod Notice - The usual form is to message the Mods if you have questions regarding Moderation as it's against rules to discuss Moderation on the open forum. You should have received a PM regarding the removal so apologies for the omission. If you require more information do PM us. 

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on May 14, 2022, 08:50:51 AM
One,and only because itwas totally off topic.

Whatever anyone thinks (and I don't just mean you) posts are never removed for no good reason.

It was 2 posts.  I am not complaining, but it's disappointing to see things disappear, and no mention of it, until I ask.  How would I know if an error occurred?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 14, 2022, 08:23:40 AM
Nice try, but the fact is Russia has used denial of supply of energy as a political weapon for decades. 

I'm not sure what I was trying.  I know hypocrisy when I see it.  We have 'used' sanctions for decades.  Why is it a 'weapon' when Russia does it, but not when we do it?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on May 13, 2022, 05:18:46 PM
Russia is going to cut electricity to Finland - over payment problems so they say. Coincidence or the beginning of intimidation because they have decided to join NATO?
Good , the world needs to stop buying everything off of Russia . As mentioned other countries have already said they will make up any shortfall .

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on May 14, 2022, 12:56:06 AM
I can't dispute that, but not the comparison being made.

Should I have received a message?  I did wonder about a few posts of mine that vanished.  🤔
One,and only because itwas totally off topic.

Whatever anyone thinks (and I don't just mean you) posts are never removed for no good reason.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on May 13, 2022, 08:29:44 PM
What's wrong with Russia trading with chosen customers on agreed terms?

Breaking contracts could hinder future trading deals — but that's for Russia to evaluate.

Here's hoping all such actions speed Putin's demise...
A question best put to all the yank presidents who've waged war on countries that didn't do what they were told on oil and gas, I feel.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Scott777 on May 13, 2022, 05:28:04 PM
So if Russia cutting power is intimidation, then aren't our sanctions also intimidation?  Anyway, Turkey said they won't agree to Finland or Sweden joining NATO, and a unanimous vote is needed.
Nice try, but the fact is Russia has used denial of supply of energy as a political weapon for decades. Hardly a year goes by when some newspaper stirs up a panic in the west because Putin or whoever had the job before him wished to whip their former Warsaw pact satellites into line by the simple and highly effective means of letting the population freeze to death.

Scott777

Quote from: cromwell on May 13, 2022, 07:44:38 PM
Perhaps.......but not anywhere near as intimidating by invasion is it?

Still you wont see it that way will you?

I can't dispute that, but not the comparison being made.

Should I have received a message?  I did wonder about a few posts of mine that vanished.  🤔

patman post

What's wrong with Russia trading with chosen customers on agreed terms? 

Breaking contracts could hinder future trading deals — but that's for Russia to evaluate.

Here's hoping all such actions speed Putin's demise...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: Scott777 on May 13, 2022, 05:28:04 PM
So if Russia cutting power is intimidation, then aren't our sanctions also intimidation? 
Perhaps.......but not anywhere near as intimidating by invasion is it?

Still you wont see it that way will you?

T00ts

So it's not so dire for Finland. They only have 10% from Russia and can manage with more from Sweden and Norway and have provided for the shortage. Good for them.

Sampanviking

Absolutely, why should they supply countries that act in an unfriendly way and steal the money that they are supposed to pay for all the energy with?
Would we do it?
I see the Rouble is heading towards nearly 60 to the dollar. Its appreciating pretty fast, so I wonder where it will end?