International Earache

Started by T00ts, May 14, 2022, 09:57:53 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: T00ts on May 15, 2022, 10:11:01 AM
 The lighting techs did a good job . . . .
The same could be said for The Wall gameshow.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 15, 2022, 09:09:06 AM
I last watched it in its entirety back in 1991 and only then because part of the video feed was being sent by infrastructure I had a hand in installing. The kit in question had an emergency error reporting system which was configured to do a number of things, including send a FAX to the fax card bolted into the back of my Tandy PC.

It was quite exciting when the video feed dropped leaving whoever it was stuck with a blank screen and no score, and even more exciting when our phone rang and I got the error report.

I've just realised we never shut that configuration off, so whoever's got that phone number now might get some right wierd phone calls !!!!

But no, the whole thing tanked for me long ago because it b came routine to receive ling distance live TV.

I didn't watch but I understand Ukraine won and the UK came second.

I think the Ukraine won't exist next year, and I bet chunks of Finland and Poland won't either. Even if I'm wrong they won't have any money to stage the show, although I bet some EU Tw** will demand it be hosted next door to Chernobyl at EU expense.

I can't for the life of me understand why the UK came second. We must be quietly exterminating oligarchs and dumping the bodies where they'll never be found. I see no other possibility, it can't be the singing.

I must say there was a singular distaste a few years ago for an ultranationalist piece by a bunch of milkmaids. I nearly learned Polish to understand what they were saying, but I decided it was probably the same conversation as occurs in every other pirn flick.

But I give thanks to Putin for killing off this god awful piece of political shite and letting us go out on a high note.

Did anyone watch it and if so did anyone get nil points.
I struggled through the singing for the first time for years in the hope that the hype over the last few weeks would prove correct and that it had improved. The lighting techs did a good job with a heart shaped staging with water cascading over the front which perhaps encouraged entry fees to the loos for the extra income, but as ever the performances although pretty well rehearsed were grim at times. I don't know the scores but apparently France and Germany came last which I thought was interesting. Ukraine had the sympathy vote but otherwise we were the clear winners.

johnofgwent

I last watched it in its entirety back in 1991 and only then because part of the video feed was being sent by infrastructure I had a hand in installing. The kit in question had an emergency error reporting system which was configured to do a number of things, including send a FAX to the fax card bolted into the back of my Tandy PC.

It was quite exciting when the video feed dropped leaving whoever it was stuck with a blank screen and no score, and even more exciting when our phone rang and I got the error report.

I've just realised we never shut that configuration off, so whoever's got that phone number now might get some right wierd phone calls !!!!

But no, the whole thing tanked for me long ago because it b came routine to receive ling distance live TV.

I didn't watch but I understand Ukraine won and the UK came second.

I think the Ukraine won't exist next year, and I bet chunks of Finland and Poland won't either. Even if I'm wrong they won't have any money to stage the show, although I bet some EU Tw** will demand it be hosted next door to Chernobyl at EU expense.

I can't for the life of me understand why the UK came second. We must be quietly exterminating oligarchs and dumping the bodies where they'll never be found. I see no other possibility, it can't be the singing.

I must say there was a singular distaste a few years ago for an ultranationalist piece by a bunch of milkmaids. I nearly learned Polish to understand what they were saying, but I decided it was probably the same conversation as occurs in every other pirn flick.

But I give thanks to Putin for killing off this god awful piece of political shite and letting us go out on a high note.

Did anyone watch it and if so did anyone get nil points.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on May 14, 2022, 10:00:15 PM
The UK offering has just stated and is it my imagination of is the sound quality suddenly inferior? All the other songs have been as clear as a bell. 
Not that I noticed. But the U.K. is tipped to do really well in this political competition. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 14, 2022, 10:24:37 PM
Those presenters are doing my nut in

Bailing out
Beat you to it. I suffered the last song and really don't care what wins!  Puke

Streetwalker

Those presenters are doing my nut in 

Bailing out 

T00ts

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on May 14, 2022, 10:00:15 PM
The UK offering has just stated and is it my imagination of is the sound quality suddenly inferior? All the other songs have been as clear as a bell. 
Normal underhand tactics from the euros toots 

T00ts

T00ts

For the sake of International friendliness and unity I have tuned in to Eurovision. There has been a lot of hype in recent weeks and I thought I would give it a go again , but oh dear it's pitiful. I am still struggling through the performances and for those into it I guess they must enjoy it but I am suffering! :(