Main Menu

Maggie gets egged!

Started by T00ts, May 15, 2022, 12:27:32 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on May 16, 2022, 08:42:27 PM
Well the dippers (that's Liverpool to non footie people)made their feelings known at the cup by booing Wills.

They have the attitude they are not English but scouse,this goes back to Thatchers managed decline.

I'm not defending this classless bunch and whilst no royalist I feel it was poor,many tories though have jumped up to condemn the booing they are classless too and hypocrites to boot.
I don't think it matters what the politics are it is a comment on common decency. How many of them would like their son booed like that? What has the chap done to even deserve it? There are far too many excuses being made for poor unsocial behaviour in all its forms. If we don't expect the best then we will never have a sensible society. We can see it in schools, universities, even jobs. Self control, respect for one another, honesty, are all under threat from those who support the right of the individual above all else. Society will never survive that ethic.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on May 16, 2022, 08:01:59 PM
No I don't agree. The argument that everyone should 'make their feelings known' has led us to a society that has forgotten manners, or common decency or even common sense. If people were encouraged to show just a modicum of self control we would have a kinder and safer place to live.
Well the dippers (that's Liverpool to non footie people)made their feelings known at the cup by booing Wills.

They have the attitude they are not English but scouse,this goes back to Thatchers managed decline.

I'm not defending this classless bunch and whilst no royalist I feel it was poor,many tories though have jumped up to condemn the booing they are classless too and hypocrites to boot.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on May 16, 2022, 06:58:02 PM
People should be entitled to make their feelings known — just like those who place bunches of flowers round junctions and traffic islands where unobservant cyclists think they're able to come out on top in a argument with a motor vehicle...
No I don't agree. The argument that everyone should 'make their feelings known' has led us to a society that has forgotten manners, or common decency or even common sense. If people were encouraged to show just a modicum of self control we would have a kinder and safer place to live.

patman post

Quote from: Barry on May 16, 2022, 04:51:00 PM
Doesn't this say more about the childish behaviour of the egg thrower than the great stateswoman Margaret Thatcher?
People should be entitled to make their feelings known — just like those who place bunches of flowers round junctions and traffic islands where unobservant cyclists think they're able to come out on top in a argument with a motor vehicle...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Benson

Quote from: T00ts on May 15, 2022, 12:27:32 PM
There are some real cretins about who, within 2 hours of erection, threw eggs at the statue of Margaret Thatcher in her home town. Why? It's a statue! Whether people agree with her or not, she is long gone from this world, but she achieved high office by the vote of the people of this country from humble beginnings in their town. The perpetrators probably weren't even born in her time in Government. Is this another statue to go in the nearest canal? Bring back the stocks!

Labour supporting cretins.
How do you change your signature?

patman post

Eggs are probably not that harmful and, in a wider scheme of things, might have added to the takings of a local grocery store. I believe the Chinese used them for varnishing pictures and repairing fine pottery.

Anyway, a better statue (in my opinion) is in the members' lobby in Westminster away from most political eggstremists...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Doesn't this say more about the childish behaviour of the egg thrower than the great stateswoman Margaret Thatcher?

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on May 15, 2022, 12:49:00 PM
It would be no surprise to say I detested the old witch,as you said though it's just a statue and to me serves no purpose other than to be somewhere for pigeons to perch and crap on.

There are various statues dotted around Manchester  and in my seven decades I've walked past time without number and they've rarely rated anything more than a glance on a rare occasion.

The only pieces of stone or metal in my area  I respect are those commemorating ordinary people who sacrificed their lives in defence of the country.
Maggie left this country in a far stronger state than it had been left by those militants who were of the same brand that decry the U.K. today.

We could have done with a return of Thatcher after Cameron. Instead we got a bureaucratic technocrat who was lacking all human empathy.

While I believe Maggie would have rejoiced at the seething confoundment of her rabid opponents, I think she would be disappointed at how stultified and limited the advance in our political reasoning has been...

johnofgwent

Where is this statue ? I feel the need to.apply fertiliser, oxidissr and sugar. After all, damaging statues of people who made money from slavery is not a crime, and the number she put in wage slavery exceeds the numbervexplootrd by most sntayion owners.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on May 15, 2022, 12:27:32 PM
There are some real cretins about who, within 2 hours of erection, threw eggs at the statue of Margaret Thatcher in her home town. Why? It's a statue! Whether people agree with her or not, she is long gone from this world, but she achieved high office by the vote of the people of this country from humble beginnings in their town. The perpetrators probably weren't even born in her time in Government. Is this another statue to go in the nearest canal? Bring back the stocks!
It would be no surprise to say I detested the old witch,as you said though it's just a statue and to me serves no purpose other than to be somewhere for pigeons to perch and crap on.

There are various statues dotted around Manchester  and in my seven decades I've walked past time without number and they've rarely rated anything more than a glance on a rare occasion.

The only pieces of stone or metal in my area  I respect are those commemorating ordinary people who sacrificed their lives in defence of the country.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

There are some real cretins about who, within 2 hours of erection, threw eggs at the statue of Margaret Thatcher in her home town. Why? It's a statue! Whether people agree with her or not, she is long gone from this world, but she achieved high office by the vote of the people of this country from humble beginnings in their town. The perpetrators probably weren't even born in her time in Government. Is this another statue to go in the nearest canal? Bring back the stocks!