Is it necessary to make a public announcement?

Started by T00ts, May 16, 2022, 09:29:08 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on May 26, 2022, 10:46:04 AM
So your position is that all the comment and fuss is caused by "gay people"?
MY position is that all the fuss is caused by PROFESSIONAL stirrers with an agenda to big up quite genuine opposition to their outrageous demands n order to make it appear their stance is justified.

For example, Labour (naturally) are demanding that the Welsh Assembly expand to 96 seats, on a wholly list system, with restrictions applied t ensure a certain number of arse bandits and monkey shaggers get elected.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

I admit that I am unable to appreciate the difficulties and possible internal turmoil of anyone struggling to come to terms with their gender and accompanying sexuality issues in a largely unsympathetic society. For myself, I guess, I find it easier to be in the company of those who are comfortable with themselves, where society allows them to be.

For them (LGTBQ) facing full-on antagonism, confrontation, and/or mockery, it must be as frustrating and dispiriting as for me when I've found myself forced into a position of having to explain to (deliberately?) un-understanding people, the everyday problems or slights and insults commonly experienced by non-white people during their everyday lives in this country...

PS — I've actually found my feelings difficult to put into words in this post, so I reserve the right to return and recompose points as they're rethought...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

It seems that there is a concentration at present on just how we see ourselves. eg I was and still am a tomboy in many ways. I was only slightly into dolls as a little one and even now much rather tools. Does that make me potentially gay or trans? Definitely not. 

But make that suggestion to a 12-18 year old when they really have no life experience or concrete self definition of who they are and you potentially have a candidate for strong medication or even surgery. It could be quite a few years before they really recognise themselves and are able to place themselves in society, but interfering with young people before they have even had a proper chance is potentially highly damaging. If nothing else it could well delay a quite natural decision made in their own time. The risk of such a child who would naturally be in awe of anyone in authority, making such a major wrong decision is colossal.

Nowadays school can refer kids, accept name and gender change within school without any reference to their parents who in most cases I believe would protect them at least until they were really sure of themselves. The latest figures suggest that 1 in 12 now believes they are something other than male/female/heterosexual which is a sign of increasing numbers over just a few years. Whatever the reason for that supposed increase we surely have a duty to our children to open a proper discussion about how this is being processed or might I dare say promoted.

I always used to say jokingly that if there was re-incarnation I wanted to come back as a man. I imagined their lives much better than a woman's (I still do in some ways) but I can imagine if I was a teen now. The pressure to make a permanent judgement might be more than I could handle. 

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 25, 2022, 08:25:39 PM
Well there you go then , nobody cared and you didnt question their sexuality . So whos making a fuss?
So your position is that all the comment and fuss is caused by "gay people"?

The amount opinion being expressed and reported by many would seem to show the issue is of wider interest than you believe. But perhaps this current flurry is a precursor to what you believe is currently the case, and people's sexuality will eventually become not an everyday issue...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on May 25, 2022, 07:37:21 PM
If that were true, there wouldn't be all this current fuss.

I've had two homosexual bosses that I know of in well known organisations — one male, one female. Both were good people and brilliant bosses, and (probably totally unrelated) I was not aware of their sexuality until several months after joining their teams. It was never an issue for colleagues...
Well there you go then , nobody cared and you didnt question their sexuality . So whos making a fuss?

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 17, 2022, 08:07:42 AM
Nobody cares if people are gay but gay people.
If that were true, there wouldn't be all this current fuss.

I've had two homosexual bosses that I know of in well known organisations — one male, one female. Both were good people and brilliant bosses, and (probably totally unrelated) I was not aware of their sexuality until several months after joining their teams. It was never an issue for colleagues...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 17, 2022, 08:07:42 AM
Nobody cares if people are gay but gay people .  Just them them get on with their 'agenda' and if the kid wants to tell the world his own sexual preference then crack on , makes no difference to rest of us .

But as cromwell says he will now get the homophobic remarks and abuse from opposition supporters at some grounds . He will have to ride that for a while till everyone gets bored with it . He should maybe stop taking corners for a while ,play down the middle and keep his head down .

I think the OP makes a point you passed over...

I've clearly mellowed a little; I don't give a F@@@ whose arse a bloke sticks his dangly bits in as long as it isn't mine and he isn't expecting my kids to react kindly to him.

As I've no intent of going anywhere near his game because his balls aren't pointy, the chances of an encounter are remote.

So yabbadabbadoo I hope he enjoys his gay old time.

But

The OP contained an important point. 

Certain shitstirrers make a POINT of shouting these things off rooftops in order to bait people who think their actions are an abomination against God and nature. Because it is no longer lawful in parts of the UK to believe such behaviour is against God and nature.

Even though it obviously is.

Looking on the bright side, in eons to come the righteous will be able to look down the celestial shitpipe and spy the demons queueing up to stick me in the ribs with red hot pokers and I will be able to say to them I am down here for refusing to bow to that shithead that runs your paradise, but they are here for sticking their dick in an asshole.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Nobody cares if people are gay but gay people .  Just them them get on with their 'agenda' and if the kid wants to tell the world his own sexual preference then crack on , makes no difference to rest of us .

But as cromwell says he will now get the homophobic remarks and abuse from opposition supporters at some grounds . He will have to ride that for a while till everyone gets bored with it . He should maybe stop taking corners for a while ,play down the middle and keep his head down . 

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on May 16, 2022, 09:29:08 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10821717/Blackpool-FC-player-Jake-Daniels-pro-footballer-England-come-gay.html

I have every sympathy for this guy. It has obviously been a huge burden but why is he making a huge public announcement? Surely the people he should worry about are his family and friends first and foremost not the general public. Surely his private life should be just that. He is just 17 so still very young. I can't help but feel that those who have encouraged this announcement have done him no long term favours and quite possibly have an agenda of their own.
I can guarantee the knuckle dragged will give him a very hard time.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10821717/Blackpool-FC-player-Jake-Daniels-pro-footballer-England-come-gay.html

I have every sympathy for this guy. It has obviously been a huge burden but why is he making a huge public announcement? Surely the people he should worry about are his family and friends first and foremost not the general public. Surely his private life should be just that. He is just 17 so still very young. I can't help but feel that those who have encouraged this announcement have done him no long term favours and quite possibly have an agenda of their own.