Main Menu

Doctor Who

Started by Barry, May 17, 2022, 09:36:18 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

The BBC amoung others has lost the plot in its race to be WOKE . So doctor who is now casting a trans woman to act along side a gay (rumour ) black DR . 

The off button on my telly has never seen so much action 

cromwell

Quote from: HDQQ on May 17, 2022, 10:05:06 PM
I'm old enough to remember the original Doctor Who, in black and white, with William Hartnell. I always enjoyed the daleks but ever since they changed the Doctor Who actor the first time, I lost interest. Now it's just recycling the old stories over and over again, with an overload of special effects. Maybe a pink dalek with a camp dalek voice would be fun.
A dalek that talks like kenneth williams........brilliant :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Quote from: Barry on May 17, 2022, 09:36:18 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10822969/Doctor-casts-transgender-actress-Yasmin-Finney-play-Billie-Pipers-companion-role-Rose.html

It's time the Daleks came back, joined up with the Cybermen and exterminated the lot of them!

I'm old enough to remember the original Doctor Who, in black and white, with William Hartnell. I always enjoyed the daleks but ever since they changed the Doctor Who actor the first time, I lost interest. Now it's just recycling the old stories over and over again, with an overload of special effects. Maybe a pink dalek with a camp dalek voice would be fun.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on May 17, 2022, 09:36:18 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10822969/Doctor-casts-transgender-actress-Yasmin-Finney-play-Billie-Pipers-companion-role-Rose.html

It's time the Daleks came back, joined up with the Cybermen and exterminated the lot of them!

I admit to loathing this series since day 1 but this seems like a really stupid development. What I don't understand is the need to advertise if someone is gay/trans etc. Surely the whole point is that it's not anyone's business. If they want to be accepted as normal why do they need to label themselves? How long before those who are heterosexual will need to also wear a label and blazon it ad nauseum? It's just silly and I fear more to do with mind games.

Barry

† The end is nigh †