I’m not equating a rape allegation against an mp

Started by cromwell, May 17, 2022, 11:41:48 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on May 20, 2022, 06:48:13 PM
I expect it didn't pass you by this is an allegation of a man raping a man and it is more than a decade past.
No it didn't but those of us with belief need now more than ever, to keep the sense of right and wrong no matter that society has lost its way.  There is still time for a change - He is still waiting.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on May 18, 2022, 04:24:59 PM
Keep the faith - the way back is there!
I expect it didn't pass you by this is an allegation of a man raping a man and it is more than a decade past.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on May 18, 2022, 04:10:36 PM
That is the truth. It's not parliament, it's the whole of society, we are in a downward moral spiral.
There's no way back, it will just get worse and worse.
Keep the faith - the way back is there!

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on May 18, 2022, 08:29:45 AM
One step on the slippery slope always leads to others.
That is the truth. It's not parliament, it's the whole of society, we are in a downward moral spiral.
There's no way back, it will just get worse and worse.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on May 18, 2022, 11:17:32 AM
Back in the seventies the number of ways MP's were able to dodge breathalysers was impressive.

The chap from Bridgend trashed some poor sod's car by a hump back bridge near Cowbridge when four times over the limit and got off by citing some statement from the gladstone v disraeli era that "no member of this house is ever to much under the influence of drink"

Hansard is full of it and yes, it is the case that those who make the law have often broken them because they considered themselves above them

I don't think our elected representatives should be setting the example. I think we the people should. Starting with sending one or two the same place the Romanians ? sent caeucesceau
Nice place Cowbridge, but like most of Wales, it knows its place and responds to a good kick up the arse
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on May 17, 2022, 11:41:48 PM
With partygate.

But doesn't the sense of entitlement lead from petty rule breaks to someone believing they can get away with anything?

Before anyone pulls me yeah innocent till proved otherwise applies but shouldn't our elected representatives set an example because as sure as hell general behaviour is on a downward spiral.
Back in the seventies the number of ways MP's were able to dodge breathalysers was impressive.

The chap from Bridgend trashed some poor sod's car by a hump back bridge near Cowbridge when four times over the limit and got off by citing some statement from the gladstone v disraeli era that "no member of this house is ever to much under the influence of drink"

Hansard is full of it and yes, it is the case that those who make the law have often broken them because they considered themselves above them

I don't think our elected representatives should be setting the example. I think we the people should. Starting with sending one or two the same place the Romanians ? sent caeucesceau
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on May 17, 2022, 11:41:48 PM
With partygate.

But doesn't the sense of entitlement lead from petty rule breaks to someone believing they can get away with anything?

Before anyone pulls me yeah innocent till proved otherwise applies but shouldn't our elected representatives set an example because as sure as hell general behaviour is on a downward spiral.
One step on the slippery slope always leads to others.

cromwell

With partygate.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?