There is still time!

Started by T00ts, May 20, 2022, 07:23:04 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 21, 2022, 08:01:18 PM
I think we are in agreement so far as man has dreamt up Gods to suit their situations ,or rather those that wish to control men have . The one true God is where you lose me , I dont see why your god is any more special than anyone elses

But faith is a personal thing  . Belief makes it real and if that gives people comfort Im not knocking it .

When we are told of armeggedon and a rude awakening though God can do one , Ive never liked bully's
It is written many times. Other prophesies also written have come true, many of them. The Bible is full of examples of where man has turned away from God and it has never ended well. For me God is a strict but loving Father. He wants the best eternal outcome for us just as we do for our children. Where we do not recognise the prospect of eternity and the atonement of Jesus Christ it must be difficult to understand let alone accept what God hopes and needs from us for our own eternal happiness. What we experience here is but a very small part of our eternal story. I guess we are on different paths for now. My belief in God is not a comfort as such but the whole raison d'etre for my existence here.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on May 21, 2022, 11:04:25 AM
As far as scientific discovery has so far progressed. The problem for me is that it is also largely secular. How often are scientists having to revise their calculations? Just because we have labelled Him Abrahamic does not mean that He has only existed since Abraham's time. For me God is eternal - no beginning and no end. He created this earth together with countless others since before time as we understand it. Because mankind has dreamt up gods to suit their situations does not mean that the one true God wasn't always there.
Mankind has a habit of adjusting things so that they are seen as the most important being in the universe. We are in for a rude awakening.
I think we are in agreement so far as man has dreamt up Gods to suit their situations ,or rather those that wish to control men have . The one true God is where you lose me , I dont see why your god is any more special than anyone elses 

But faith is a personal thing  . Belief makes it real and if that gives people comfort Im not knocking it .

When we are told of armeggedon and a rude awakening though God can do one , Ive never liked bully's 

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 21, 2022, 10:41:17 AM
Human evolution is a scientific fact going back 6 million years . Homo sapiens for the last 200,000 of that .  We really are an insignificant blot on the history of the World
As far as scientific discovery has so far progressed. The problem for me is that it is also largely secular. How often are scientists having to revise their calculations? Just because we have labelled Him Abrahamic does not mean that He has only existed since Abraham's time. For me God is eternal - no beginning and no end. He created this earth together with countless others since before time as we understand it. Because mankind has dreamt up gods to suit their situations does not mean that the one true God wasn't always there. 
Mankind has a habit of adjusting things so that they are seen as the most important being in the universe. We are in for a rude awakening.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on May 21, 2022, 09:48:27 AM
The problem is the word 'assuming'.
Human evolution is a scientific fact going back 6 million years . Homo sapiens for the last 200,000 of that .  We really are an insignificant blot on the history of the World 

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 21, 2022, 07:06:45 AM
Indeed substitute . Assuming the 300,000 ball park figure Mankind was jogging along quite nicely with other various gods for 296,000 years .
The Abrahamic God is relatively speaking a new one and a substitute for those that came before .
The problem is the word 'assuming'. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on May 20, 2022, 09:30:21 PM
Substitute?
Indeed substitute . Assuming the 300,000 ball park figure Mankind was jogging along quite nicely with other various gods for 296,000 years .
The Abrahamic God is relatively speaking a new one and a substitute for those that came before . 

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 20, 2022, 09:04:16 PM
Man has been on earth for approximately 300,000 years . Im questioning how an 89th minute substitute god gets to tell us the result
Substitute? 

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on May 20, 2022, 08:09:09 PM
Oh yes I have no doubt you are right. I am not suggesting that this material earth will last forever. The prophesies are well documented. My thought is more for the suffering of a mankind that continues to deny God and how  He constantly hopes for our recognition before He has to put an end to our time here in its present form. Sadly I don't know of any writings that declare a change of heart for the majority, God has known all along how it would be. He knows us all so well. However for those who are still seeking and questioning there is still time but not a lot. It does seem that we are in the last days.
Man has been on earth for approximately 300,000 years . Im questioning how an 89th minute substitute god gets to tell us the result 

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on May 20, 2022, 07:54:45 PM
I don't mind at all.

I'm going to have a further think on this one, but I will be looking at what evidence there is that mankind gets better before the end times really get going.
I think understanding that this world ends is important, as mankind will not live on it forever. God has provided the lifeline, faith in Christ's death in our place and resurrection. The rapture could happen tomorrow, or in many years ahead. Christ's coming was prophesied all through the O.T. long gap of 400 years between OT and New Testament, but the prophesies happened, and all the others will be fulfilled.
Oh yes I have no doubt you are right. I am not suggesting that this material earth will last forever. The prophesies are well documented. My thought is more for the suffering of a mankind that continues to deny God and how  He constantly hopes for our recognition before He has to put an end to our time here in its present form. Sadly I don't know of any writings that declare a change of heart for the majority, God has known all along how it would be. He knows us all so well. However for those who are still seeking and questioning there is still time but not a lot. It does seem that we are in the last days.

Barry

I don't mind at all.

I'm going to have a further think on this one, but I will be looking at what evidence there is that mankind gets better before the end times really get going.
I think understanding that this world ends is important, as mankind will not live on it forever. God has provided the lifeline, faith in Christ's death in our place and resurrection. The rapture could happen tomorrow, or in many years ahead. Christ's coming was prophesied all through the O.T. long gap of 400 years between OT and New Testament, but the prophesies happened, and all the others will be fulfilled.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I do hope Barry will forgive me for quoting him in a new thread - 

'That is the truth. It's not parliament, it's the whole of society, we are in a downward moral spiral.
There's no way back, it will just get worse and worse.'

I have mentioned elsewhere that I am studying the Old Testament this year and have just completed Leviticus. Not an easy ride by any means. However the message that comes across very forcibly is that the Lord makes the rules. He decides what is allowed and also what punishments or forgiveness applies. We kid ourselves when we assume that somehow we govern ourselves and our future. We fool ourselves if we believe that we can run amok abusing the gifts made available in this world, mainly out of greed, but also for the sake of power. In Leviticus he says 'I am the Lord' I think 45 times. I think that is the message He is imparting to us. We should listen, we still have time. He will have a humble people, either by choice or because he will enforce it. He brought the Hebrews out of Egypt and used plagues to humble Pharaoh until he was brought to his knees. Do we really want to test the system again? 

Those of you who think this crazy  - you are entitled to your beliefs - but for me it cannot be made clearer. He is waiting for us to realise and understand the order of things, before He finally decided enough is enough. Surely there is enough evidence that the free for all currently dominating the world cannot end well.