Is the UK more racist than anywhere else?

Started by cromwell, January 14, 2020, 03:17:57 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on June 16, 2020, 11:29:01 PM
Quote from: cromwell on June 16, 2020, 11:13:57 PM
Quote from: Dynamis on June 16, 2020, 11:03:44 PM
Quote from: cromwell on June 16, 2020, 11:01:15 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on June 16, 2020, 10:28:57 PM
Racism in the UK is a bit like searching for Bigfoot

People keep saying it exists but nobody can prove it
Oh I think I can,my attendance at a tribunal in support of in this case an understandably given the circumstance person with a chip on their shoulder who I was told tomget rid of because they were black.

Also a person doubly discriminated against being both learning disabled and black being called an effing stupid n*****,I was sorely tempted t o punch the racist arsehole who uttered those words.

👍

Please tell me they won..
Certainly did,I didn't though I was manoeuvred out but not before being totally and falsely discredited amongst the handful of ethnic employees as being a closet racist myself by those in charge.

Very sorry to hear that. That's terrible.
As it happened I moved on to better pastures but in the business world I found my cynicism regarding the face often presented and the actual less of a surprise that however was balanced by some of the real gems in positions of power. I came across.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on June 16, 2020, 11:13:57 PM

Oh I think I can,my attendance at a tribunal in support of in this case an understandably given the circumstance person with a chip on their shoulder who I was told tomget rid of because they were black.

Also a person doubly discriminated against being both learning disabled and black being called an effing stupid n*****,I was sorely tempted t o punch the racist arsehole who uttered those words.

👍

Certainly did,I didn't though I was manoeuvred out but not before being totally and falsely discredited amongst the handful of ethnic employees as being a closet racist myself by those in charge.

Very sorry to hear that. That's terrible.
+++

cromwell

👍

Borg Refinery

👍

+++

cromwell

Oh I think I can,my attendance at a tribunal in support of in this case an understandably given the circumstance person with a chip on their shoulder who I was told to get rid of because they were black.

Also a person doubly discriminated against being both learning disabled and black being called an effing stupid n*****,I was sorely tempted to punch the racist arsehole who uttered those words.

Benson

The UK is not racist. The uneducated are simply trialling everyone and everything from history to today's laws and morals. Everyone and everything will fail.

Everyone and everything today is fine, but will fail in the future when compared to the future's laws and morals.
How do you change your signature?

Borg Refinery

..Looks like it was written by a 10 yr old. =-P
+++

Barry

Quote from: Groo on June 14, 2020, 05:16:43 PM
I saw a twitter feed where a black woman was saying stop the police killing our black men. She's talking UK police here.

Obviously jumping on the US bandwagon as the UK statistice just don't back up the words she stating.
So true.
Can someone compare statistics for Brit police killed by persons of colour, compared to persons of colour killed by Brit police?
Should be interesting.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Groo

I saw a twitter feed where a black woman was saying stop the police killing our black men. She's talking UK police here.

Obviously jumping on the US bandwagon as the UK statistice just don't back up the words she stating.

Barry

Quote from: Baff post_id=28761 time=1591875060 user_id=121

But this grooming gang thing...

Do they have it elsewhere?

Course not, Baff.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/13/sex-assaults-sweden-stockholm-music-festival">//https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/13/sex-assaults-sweden-stockholm-music-festival
† The end is nigh †

Baff

Grooming gangs is an example of massive racism in the Uk that all too easily gets overlooked.

The victims being the wrong race.

Are we more racist than other countries?

I'd like to say "no, don't be so ridiculous, we are the arguably the least racist society in human history".

But this grooming gang thing...

Do they have it elsewhere?

Borg Refinery

I'd pity anyone forced to work with Java. That programming language sucks. I always liked perl but never mastered it, only ever really mastered ruby which is piss easy, and php a bit.. dabbled in C a tiny bit.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=28753 time=1591869686 user_id=63
with adverts saying outright that white people need not apply n the grounds they have enough already, such as appeared for the UK civil service, the Metropolitan and the Manchester Police forces in recent years, I dispute the research, and want to know exactly what fields of employment these alleged levels of discrimination were found in.

(shrugs)

https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/news-events/news/new-csi-report-on-ethnic-minority-job-discrimination/">https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/news-even ... imination/">https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/news-events/news/new-csi-report-on-ethnic-minority-job-discrimination/

You haven't disputed it apart from rhetorically tbh, not sure what you expect from that.

QuoteI would also point out that I SUCCESSFULLY had Tony Blair's fast tracked visa scheme designed to flood this country with Indian IT workers to undermine the indigenous population of such discontinued when I took 1,000 CV's of British Passport Holding IT workers with Java Skills to a select committee meeting to give the lie to Blair's claim - pivotal to the fast tracked visa scheme he personally championed - that there were no such people looking for a job.

You claim Blair personally lied that there were no (white?) British people qualified in Java...? In what the 90's? Early 00's?

And specifically tried to ship in Indians to do Java applets....

I dispute why he would bother.

Or how that's even possible to lie about given there were overflowing numbers of them that even I remember (as a kid); not just java but also so many individuals multi talented...perl, php, c++, js/html/css(00s only obviously), flash... and obscure old school stuff from the 70s and 80s etc, and I wonder how anyone even could 'lie' about it as you claim when those sorts of people are in vast abundance in this country, and have been for a long time. I think oike the EU VAT thing you are stretching credibility just a tad here.

I don't like Blair but I find it hard to believe he personally shipped in as many Indians as he could to write Java applets, I'm sorry but really.

QuoteSo I have personal experience of politicians and the special interest groups that donated to their cause lying through their teeth to stir it.

Of course you do, you were a politician, you even administered and fixed up the BNP website for them as I recall.
+++

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=28680 time=1591810089 user_id=98
It's not true that the UK is "more racist than anywhere else", that seems like a huge exaggeration. I agree with cromwell's OP.

..But equally, to deny that it's a problem at all or that it even exists in this country is incredibly naive, or deliberately obtuse. I will go for naive with many people saying this, as they don't appear to harbour nasty intentions, but I don't see how you can deny this.

(quoted material)

with adverts saying outright that white people need not apply n the grounds they have enough already, such as appeared for the UK civil service, the Metropolitan and the Manchester Police forces in recent years, I dispute the research, and want to know exactly what fields of employment these alleged levels of discrimination were found in.

I would also point out that I SUCCESSFULLY had Tony Blair's fast tracked visa scheme designed to flood this country with Indian IT workers to undermine the indigenous population of such discontinued when I took 1,000 CV's of British Passport Holding IT workers with Java Skills to a select committee meeting to give the lie to Blair's claim - pivotal to the fast tracked visa scheme he personally championed - that there were no such people looking for a job.

So I have personal experience of politicians and the special interest groups that donated to their cause lying through their teeth to stir it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>