Is the UK more racist than anywhere else?

Started by cromwell, January 14, 2020, 03:17:57 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on July 27, 2020, 02:26:39 PM
Quote from: MrMonkey23 on June 18, 2020, 10:58:44 AM
"Is the UK more racist than anywhere else?"

Yes... Against white people
That's obviously not true.
And the answer to the question posed in the thread title is No.
But for a country that prides itself on fairness and (as I heard the other day) "playing the White man", wouldn't a more-useful question be something like: Is UK the least racist country in the world?
I suggest the UK is probably nudging its way into that small group — but it still has a way to go in identifying and dislodging bias from even its most respected institutions...
Pretty fair summary.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

That's obviously not true.
And the answer to the question posed in the thread title is No.
But for a country that prides itself on fairness and (as I heard the other day) "playing the White man", wouldn't a more-useful question be something like: Is UK the least racist country in the world?
I suggest the UK is probably nudging its way into that small group — but it still has a way to go in identifying and dislodging bias from even its most respected institutions...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

B-4

The Guardian exaggerates and fabricates the racism, which in turn gives justification for racist black power groups and the multinational corporations (the 1%), who sponsor them in the USA, a sense of justification.  A country that once prided itself on civilised standards and methods of intellectual persuasion is now subject to violence, vandalism and fascistic demands that amount to terrorism, where white people have been singled out for persecution.

MrMonkey23

Quote from: cromwell on June 18, 2020, 11:22:54 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum,you can tell us a bit about yourself in the introduction thread but only if you wish to.....no pressure

I have been here lot so people know me.  I am a harsh critic of the mainstream media, the bbc, the guardian, the EU, the financial system etc.  Dare I say, I am white?

cromwell

Hello and welcome to the forum,you can tell us a bit about yourself in the introduction thread but only if you wish to.....no pressure

MrMonkey23

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2020, 01:13:40 PM
Quote from: cromwell on June 17, 2020, 11:42:35 AMInteresting,but what's that got to do with what I posted?

You posted a link showing a Black Vicar not getting the job in an all white village. Is that not the same as the examples I gave?
No not really,two things Cof E have been spouting their support for BLM and its theCof E not the whites only in parts religion so aI was highlighting the hypocrisy.

Black police association is not a religion doesn't pretend to be anything other than an association representing other than white police officers  and isn't offering anyone employment they are employed in the police already(whether I think it's a good idea is another matter)

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on June 17, 2020, 11:42:35 AMInteresting,but what's that got to do with what I posted?

You posted a link showing a Black Vicar not getting the job in an all white village. Is that not the same as the examples I gave?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Good old

The UK, has racism, that's a fact. But it is aware  of it. Many countries are less so. A bigger question I feel is. Can the natural prejudice that crosses  all human activity no matter the skin colour, ever be modified to such a degree as to  be ignored.?

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2020, 11:32:56 AM
Quote from: cromwell on June 17, 2020, 11:17:35 AMWhere do these people get off promoting BLM then show the hypocrites they really are.

Go and try to get a gig on the TV channel BET! Or join the Black Police Officers Association! You've got no chance.
Interesting,but what's that got to do with what I posted?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on June 17, 2020, 11:17:35 AMWhere do these people get off promoting BLM then show the hypocrites they really are.

Go and try to get a gig on the TV channel BET! Or join the Black Police Officers Association! You've got no chance.

cromwell

Where do these people get off promoting BLM then show the hypocrites they really are.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-53064929

Groo

Quote from: Nick on June 17, 2020, 12:48:00 AM
Quote from: Groo on June 17, 2020, 12:27:24 AMI believe there is racism in the UK but nowhere near as bad as the US.

White 86%   85%
Black   3%     8%
Asian   8%     3%
Mixed   2%    2%
Other   1%    1%

The above stats show you that there is little racism in the UK as a comparison, rather that Blacks are more likely to commit a crime that results in their death.
Ignoring all other ethnic groups, Asians have a 5% higher population yet a 5% less death rate: Blacks the other way, so race has nothing to do with it.

A point of question is regarding the statement below from a Jamaican tourist advisory notice.

There is serious risk from crime in Kingston. Violent crime, including sexual assault, is a serious problem throughout Jamaica, particularly in Kingston and Montego Bay.

Not a fan of her but I think these are valid questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfhykqTjgJQ

I believe its a complex issue.

Work may have some influence, Asians tend to employ Asians and there's a lot of Asian businesses. Blacks probably don't get the same opportunities and can miss out on jobs to a white opponent, based on colour. Unemployment must have a factor.

Don't think it helps, though I understand why they do it, but people tend to live in areas of their own ethnic kind, hence you have areas known as black areas, asian areas, chinese areas, etc. It can't help when actaul mixing is restricted.

Nick

Quote from: Groo on June 17, 2020, 12:27:24 AMI believe there is racism in the UK but nowhere near as bad as the US.

White 86%   85%
Black   3%     8%
Asian   8%     3%
Mixed   2%    2%
Other   1%    1%

The above stats show you that there is little racism in the UK as a comparison, rather that Blacks are more likely to commit a crime that results in their death.
Ignoring all other ethnic groups, Asians have a 5% higher population yet a 5% less death rate: Blacks the other way, so race has nothing to do with it.

A point of question is regarding the statement below from a Jamaican tourist advisory notice.

There is serious risk from crime in Kingston. Violent crime, including sexual assault, is a serious problem throughout Jamaica, particularly in Kingston and Montego Bay.

Not a fan of her but I think these are valid questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfhykqTjgJQ

Groo

Quote from: Barry on June 16, 2020, 10:39:30 PM
Quote from: Groo on June 14, 2020, 05:16:43 PM
I saw a twitter feed where a black woman was saying stop the police killing our black men. She's talking UK police here.

Obviously jumping on the US bandwagon as the UK statistice just don't back up the words she stating.
So true.
Can someone compare statistics for Brit police killed by persons of colour, compared to persons of colour killed by Brit police?
Should be interesting.

Here's a couple of links to 2019.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/319287/deaths-during-or-following-police-contact-causes-england-and-wales/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1122775/deaths-in-police-custody-in-the-uk-2019-by-ethnicity/

The first show the totals for how:

Road Traffic: 42
Shooting : 3
In or Following Custody: 16
Suicide after Custody: 63
Other (they are not specific): 152.

So totting that up 276 in total.

The next one shows ethnicity

Ethnicity %Population and %Police Death

White 86%   85%
Black   3%     8%
Asian   8%     3%
Mixed   2%    2%
Other   1%    1%

Not sure about other lol. Only one side addes to 100%, I assume due to fractions.

So about 24 blackmen.  As I said it doesn't support what she said, there is an imbalance but its not against white but asian.

I believe there is racism in the UK but nowhere near as bad as the US.

Edit:

Just looked at Wiki for list of Police killed in 2019, only 1, and that was well publicised when he was dragged by a vehicle while investigating a buglary.