Boris and the party photo

Started by cromwell, May 23, 2022, 10:21:47 PM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 01, 2022, 07:47:32 AM
You really think do ? God, I wish I were that naive. Because I can remember when I was, and in those days I had disposable income, and sex was exciting....

And you worry yourself over punctuation . A bit garbled , but will Starmer do the honourable thing? Yes.

Nick

Quote from: Good old on May 31, 2022, 07:32:59 PMand that in honesty terms leaves Boris, an also ran.
You think? Angela Raynor was not / was at the beer fest. The gathering was not / was prearranged!! Beer Korma has the moral high ground does he? No he doesn't, and the only reason he has said he will fall on his sword is that he thinks it will damage the Tories, which it won't.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on May 31, 2022, 07:32:59 PM
If Starmer is found to have broken any law, he has already set the tariff . He will resign. Whether one thinks he should or should not is not the point , the point is he will

You really think do ? God, I wish I were that naive. Because I can remember when I was, and in those days I had disposable income, and sex was exciting....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on May 31, 2022, 07:32:59 PM
Clutch at straws ,or what? If Starmer is found to have broken any law, he has already set the tariff . He will resign. Whether one thinks he should or should not is not the point , the point is he will , and that in honesty terms leaves Boris, an also ran.
Johnson, is taking the piss on any number of issues,  including multiple boozy situations. Whilst found to have broken his own laws, and doesn't have any sort of grasp of what honourable politicians do in such circumstances .
Jones has his own agenda, it's politics. One could say the same for Tobias Elwood , except Tobias , is critical of an actual law breaker , with no personal honour.
The damage is done good old. To the voting public , wether starmer or granny rayner get fined or not , they have come out as complete hypocrites.

Labour trying and failing to make political capital yet again . Starmer sees an open goal has boris on the ropes and then shoots himself in both feet. What a muppet that man is.

Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner receive questionnaires as Durham Police continues Beergate investigation

Sir Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner have received questionnaires from Durham Constabulary, Labour said, as the force investigates a gathering in party offices in April last year.

A Labour Party spokesperson said: "Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner have received questionnaires from Durham Constabulary."
Both the Labour leader and his deputy have said they will stand down if fined by police.

Sir Keir was caught on camera drinking a beer in an MP's office after a day of campaigning for the local elections in Durham in April 2021.

Ms Rayner was also at the event, dubbed by some as "beergate" in the wake of the Downing Street "partygate" investigation into lockdown breaches.
At the time of the Durham gathering, non-essential retail and outdoor venues including pub gardens were open, but social distancing rules – which included a ban on indoor mixing between households – remained in place

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/keir-starmer-and-angela-rayner-receive-questionnaires-as-durham-police-continues-beergate-investigation/307352

Perhaps you could offer your meagre services good old to help granny rayner fill her form in.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on May 31, 2022, 06:48:47 PM
Can't stand Owen Jones, but he has a point.
The right want Beer Korma to get a fine as he needs that supercilious look wiped off his face. The left don't as it will put another nail in Boris's coffin. The great unwashed don't care as they haven't a clue what's going on and have, let's face it, bigger issues to contend with ATM.

I don't know anyone who didn't contravene the Covid rules to one extent or the other. I stuck my Hi-Vis on and walked round the back of my mates house with a clip board under my arm, looking up at his roof, I had a brew in his kitchen.
I bet something will emerge about one of the people who couldn't be with a dying loved one, that they somehow broke a rule. It's human nature.
Aye nick ,most folk i know contravened covid rules. Mothers secretly came round to daughters back gardens to sit and gab , and in most of the council estates of paisley and glesga , life went on almost as normal , apart from shops , haridressers pubs etc being closed.

In every country  , i was hearing the same thing , both people and politicians breaking rules. Sturgeon , harvey and slater , many of the scot tories and few labour muppets , french politicians etc were all doing the same thing as beer korma and johnson.

Thats why the majority couldnt give a flying fack , because most of us did the same. Its the media , and the usual suspects trying to weaponise covid rule breaking for short term political gain.

I cant stand owen jones either , but its interesting the lefties havent got much time for starmer either. We go back to blairs success. Blair held the left , bribed a million or so tory voters in key english marginals , didnt have to deal with brexit and had the scottish vote.

The left hate starmer , and he has all the other issues to deal with blair didnt.

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on May 31, 2022, 07:35:07 PM
What do you think this one is?

Boris can't see a problem without chucking mega bucks at it.

The flu outbreak cost around half a trillion pounds. The public are getting sacks of cash to cover their power bills. The banks are being propped up by government funding. If it would save the Red Wall constituencies the Conservatives would reopen the mines, take out the coal and then pay the collies to throw it back down the pits. The Labour party won't risk attempting to rejoin the EU. Scotland won't be allowed independence but they don't want it anyway.

The only change that a Labour government will bring about will be that the current cheery chappie in Number 10 will be replaced by a dour bugger who would not know a joke if it pissed in his cornflakes

O tempus o mores o irrumabo

For so many  spending money out of hand only hurts  if done by a Labour administration. Labour spend a fraction of  the amounts borrowed since 2010 and the world would be told the country is bankrupt, as has been the case in the past. In fact this lot have lived on that lie . Yet here they are , twelve years on , dispelling it and no one blinks.
Even before Covid, over all borrowing was way up on Labour levels with very little to show for it.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on May 31, 2022, 06:10:27 PM
owen jones says to the likes of good old...

But whatever happens next, ask yourself truthfully: if you care about Johnson's dishonesty but dismiss Starmer's, then do you really care about dishonesty at all, or do you just resent being on the receiving end of it? And when you answer – unlike Britain's two leading politicians – try to be honest.

Clutch at straws ,or what? If Starmer is found to have broken any law, he has already set the tariff . He will resign. Whether one thinks he should or should not is not the point , the point is he will , and that in honesty terms leaves Boris, an also ran.
Johnson, is taking the piss on any number of issues,  including multiple boozy situations. Whilst found to have broken his own laws, and doesn't have any sort of grasp of what honourable politicians do in such circumstances .
Jones has his own agenda, it's politics. One could say the same for Tobias Elwood , except Tobias , is critical of an actual law breaker , with no personal honour.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on May 31, 2022, 06:10:27 PM

But whatever happens next, ask yourself truthfully: if you care about Johnson's dishonesty but dismiss Starmer's, then do you really care about dishonesty at all, or do you just resent being on the receiving end of it? And when you answer – unlike Britain's two leading politicians – try to be honest.
Can't stand Owen Jones, but he has a point. 
The right want Beer Korma to get a fine as he needs that supercilious look wiped off his face. The left don't as it will put another nail in Boris's coffin. The great unwashed don't care as they haven't a clue what's going on and have, let's face it, bigger issues to contend with ATM. 

I don't know anyone who didn't contravene the Covid rules to one extent or the other. I stuck my Hi-Vis on and walked round the back of my mates house with a clip board under my arm, looking up at his roof, I had a brew in his kitchen. 
I bet something will emerge about one of the people who couldn't be with a dying loved one, that they somehow broke a rule. It's human nature. 

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on May 26, 2022, 04:46:29 AM
Well Tommy, in the words of Lawrence Bourne III, before I commit any of the above to memory, what has any of it to do with the fact that Boris is not merely a crook, but a crook who has been caught?

I like Boris and don't care if he spent Christmas dancing on table tops and drinking champagne out of Priti Patel's knickers. But he was caught, exposed as a crook and should now be thrown out and replaced by a fresh set of crooks
I don't care what he's done, I don't want a Labour government. 

Thomas

Thomas

lefty jones sticks the boot into starmer...

If you care about Johnson's dishonesty, don't let Keir Starmer off the hook

And it brings us to Starmer's leadership campaign – that is, the means by which he won the confidence of sufficient Labour members to place him in the position of potential prime minister. Last week, it was reported that Starmer is likely to abandon the party's commitment to raise income tax on those earning more than £80,000 a year: that is, the top 5% of earners. Yet, during the leadership campaign, Starmer issued a document known as the 10 Pledges. The first of those pledges – still live on Starmer's website – under the heading "Economic justice", is "Increase income tax for the top 5% of earners", driving it home with a final flourish: "No stepping back from our core principles." Such was the Starmer campaign's emphasis on this pledge that one of his key aides personally rang me up to underline its cast-iron nature.
Coupled with Starmer's campaign promises that the 2017 Labour manifesto was the party's "foundational document" and the warning, "don't trash the last four years", anyone who claims there is no dishonesty if the pledge is indeed dropped is being deceitful themselves.
The broken promises go on. While Starmer has since claimed that pledge number five, which calls for "common ownership of rail, mail, energy and water" did not mean nationalisation when it came to energy, this does not explain why he stuck up his hand to support "nationalising water and electricity" in the televised hustings on BBC Two's Newsnight during the campaign. Maybe some believe his sixth pledge – "Defend free movement as we leave the EU". It shouldn't haven't been made but it was, and it has been brazenly abandoned. But then again, Starmer courted the Labour membership as Mr Remain before ordering his MPs to vote for Johnson's hard Brexit deal. As for "unite our party" and "promote pluralism", Starmer personally reassured me at the end of 2020 that "I am not out to crush the left", before 10 months later seeking to change the party's leadership rules in a move clearly intended to prevent the left standing a candidate ever again. That Starmer simultaneously declared in the contest that "the attacks on Jeremy Corbyn were terrible, they vilified him" before removing the whip – while his aides briefed the Murdoch press they intend to expel leftwing MPs – points towards a duplicity beyond parody.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/may/31/boris-johnson-dishonesty-keir-starmer-labour-abandoned-pledges?CMP=twt_gu&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium#Echobox=1653992903

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on May 31, 2022, 08:52:41 AM
:D

Johnson to Restore Imperial Measures to Lure UK Voters: Mirror

Boris Johnson is planning to announce that imperial measurements will be revived to mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

The Prime Minister is expected to say that British shops will be allowed to sell products in pounds and ounces.
Government insiders told the Mirror that ministers are making an announcement on 'imperial measures' this Friday to coincide with celebrations for the monarch's 70 years on the throne.
Downing Street will hope it shores up support among key Brexiteer voters in battleground seats which Tories are currently in danger of losing.
The PM is under growing pressure in the wake of the Partygate scandal with a steady trickle of Tory MPs handing in letters to try to trigger a confidence vote.
But while the move represents a victory for 'metric martyrs' it is a largely symbolic one to address gripes about EU interference in traditional English life.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-bids-jubilee-boost-27090524

Not a bad idea.

There is no poetry in metric. The French themselves rejected most of it and only adopted the kilo because it was the size of their standard loaf. But as to the rest, feet and inches were good enough for Napoleon and so should be good enough for everyone else
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

:D

Johnson to Restore Imperial Measures to Lure UK Voters: Mirror

Boris Johnson is planning to announce that imperial measurements will be revived to mark the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.

The Prime Minister is expected to say that British shops will be allowed to sell products in pounds and ounces.
Government insiders told the Mirror that ministers are making an announcement on 'imperial measures' this Friday to coincide with celebrations for the monarch's 70 years on the throne.
Downing Street will hope it shores up support among key Brexiteer voters in battleground seats which Tories are currently in danger of losing.
The PM is under growing pressure in the wake of the Partygate scandal with a steady trickle of Tory MPs handing in letters to try to trigger a confidence vote.
But while the move represents a victory for 'metric martyrs' it is a largely symbolic one to address gripes about EU interference in traditional English life.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-bids-jubilee-boost-27090524

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on May 30, 2022, 10:05:38 AM
Nothing like a simple reply thenThomas.I would think most here got your message years ago,
Thank you good old. Nothing like a bit of official recognition for all my hard work.

Quoteyet page after page of regurgitated anti Labour,
telling the truth about labour is me being anti labour?

Told you before , labour rely on the mushroom syndrome....the plebs kept in the dark and fed on bullshit with a bit of selective amnesia thrown in. Dont you worry good old,  i and many others will be here to tirelessly remind you of labours past and current inglorious record. You are part of the problem , not the solution to it.

Quoteon a board about partygate
No one gives a shit about partygate .Its manufactured press outrage , much of it by labour remainers trying to remove johnson through the media because they couldnt do it democratically.

Quotehonesty in power.
LMFAO!!!

Thats why blairs name was dragged up , as an example of labours "honesty in power". You are that concerned with honesty we rarely if ever hear a cheap out of you regarding durhamgate , or the many corruptions when labour are in power , for exmaple the vast corruption in liverpool council as a recent example .

Let a tory or any other party show a whiff of dishonesty and the labour hypocrites are all over it trying and failing to make political capital.

We have just had labour in scotland telling the plebs they wouldt do coaltions a few weeks ago , and lo and behold they are in coaltion with the tories in 6 of scotlands council to public fury and media mocking , and you talk of honesty in power. Hear no evil see no evil good old when it comes to labour as ever.

QuoteThe irony is the quote I take from the start of your most recent rant, says it all regarding the subject in hand.
Whats the irony?

QuoteAs for the rest, heard it all before.
you are one to talk. Whats labours policies? Apart from screaming tory bad? The party that is trying to re hash blairite politics from a quarter of a century ago telling others you have heard it all before is hilarious.

I have never heard such vacuous drivel coming from the mouths of politicians and their supporters as i have heard from the current labour party.

QuoteThe country has never been so broke as it is now
it feckin has......labour have managed it plenty of times .Which is why the voting public generally dont trust them on the economy.

Quoteafter another twelve years of having wool pulled over eyes by Tory rule.
same as the last thirteen years of red tory rule. Remind me , why is wales the worst nation of the uk in practically every department where labour have been in power non stop since devolution began over two decades ago?
You seem to see no ships.
eh?

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on May 30, 2022, 07:25:47 AM
Its always enjoyable debating with labour supporters on this or any other forum borkie. They seem to have never heard that old adage about when dealing with customers , it takes years to build trust , seconds to break it , and once broken , it isnt coming back.

Nothing like a simple reply thenThomas.I would think most here got your message years ago, yet page after page of regurgitated anti Labour, on a board about partygate and honesty in power. The irony is the quote I take from the start of your most recent rant, says it all regarding the subject in hand.
As for the rest, heard it all before. The country has never been so broke as it is now , after another twelve years of having wool pulled over eyes by Tory rule. That's staring you and the rest of us in the face. You seem to see no ships.