Boris and the party photo

Started by cromwell, May 23, 2022, 10:21:47 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on May 27, 2022, 07:16:12 AM
You know borchester , you are fast becoming this forums replacement for pappysmurf. Not many now posting on here , and most of us try and at least go through the motions at attempting political discourse , but f**k knows what you are going on about half the time.

It seems to be constantly in your country , with its myths about the mother of all parliaments , the cradle of democracy , and all the usual stuff of myth and legend where people are constnatly asking the question....where is the modern political leviathon who will save us and return the empire and the way the world was meant to be in 1850.

The point above is its not about personalities. Your system in your country doesnt reward merit , it rewards incompetence and arse licking which was my point. So if you can't get the basics right , then why the wonder when it produces the likes of starmer ,johnson , may or corbyn?

i thought you have spent the last few years on this froum arguing the exact opposite  , that the gangsters of londons allotments expect their politicians to be crooks and liars and thats what you like about them?

What people like barry on this forum as i understand it are pissed off with johnson isnt the fact he broke any rule and had a bit of cake , its the fact he locked your country down over a common cold from china , then proceeded to hypocritically break his own lockdown rule in the process.

Its not cake and prosecco thats the problem , but the taking away of mens freedom over an overhyped cold from beijing boris  has fallen out of favour over with the party faithfull as i understand it.
What keir starmer , the man who was a ringleader in your parliament in trying to overturn the demcratic brexit vote for three years , using every dirty trick in the book , then when on to try and force another vote on the public if he had got corbyn elected  , and would have kept you voting till you voted the correct way?

That keir starmer?

:D

The other week on here , we had cromwell talking about joining an eu common market , to save face that his bottle was going over brexit , which both toots and streetwalker picked him up over.

Today , we have lukewarm borchester , polishing the keir starmer turd and predicting he probably wont risk joining the EU , such is his terror of the jocks and paddies leaving whats left of the empire.

Pappymsurf was an old geriatric crank , but give due where its merited , he at least had the courage of his convictions.

First sign of trouble over brexit and cromwell and borchesters bottles are crashing big time. The brexiter bedwetters im going to start calling you two.

Streetwalker and barry among others must be shaking thier heads in disbelief , while javert and quackers et al smirking in self satisfied glory .
Reading your post Thomas the only one on here fixated on a long gone empire is you throwing  mud at Engurland as you call it nervous about Indy or lack of it.

Thinking cooperation with close neighbours is sensible or that the common market was not a bad idea ( but not what it mutated in to was not) then prompts you rambling about bottles, you sure you've not been hitting it ?  🤪
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: cromwell on May 27, 2022, 09:17:04 AM
Who had cake or a snifter is not the issue,it is the making of rules and laws  which affected everybody,that they thought they could do that and ignore them is not a sideshow.
Added to that, the fact that ,it's now totally apparent that it's possible for a party ,it's leader, to cut through even their own rules and at times law. Pull the integrity of Police, Civil service into question. And there is nothing to stop that. It may have always been the case , the potential at least. But never should we accept it as a fact. Yet here we are being ,not just asked to, but told we will. We are all being corrupted if we accept.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 27, 2022, 09:02:29 AM
What Im interested in cromwell is making them accountable for how they run the country . This sideshow of who did and who didnt have a beer is something that maybe  deserved one day of news headlines and follow up discussion  not 6 months .
Who had cake or a snifter is not the issue,it is the making of rules and laws  which affected everybody,that they thought they could do that and ignore them is not a sideshow.

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on May 26, 2022, 08:15:01 PM
All quite depressing SW,we are truly then a banana republic.

I do care else we are wasting our time voting at all,I do get where you're coming from but if we are ever to get back on track we need to make them accountable.

It does matter though a great deal in fact.
What Im interested in cromwell is making them accountable for how they run the country . This sideshow of who did and who didnt have a beer is something that maybe  deserved one day of news headlines and follow up discussion  not 6 months .

Thomas

Edinburgh council: Labour takes control of Capital

Labour was set to take power in the Capital today despite protests from within the party over jobs for the Tories being included in the deal.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/council/edinburgh-council-labour-takes-control-of-capital-3709238

This is all going on just now under your noses in scotland with keir starmers labour party.

While the anger at johnson and his tories are justified in england , be carefull what you wish for . Make no mistake  , whatever englands problems , keir starmer and that labour party of his arent the answer.

Mark my words.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 26, 2022, 08:15:01 PM

I do care else we are wasting our time voting at all,I do get where you're coming from but if we are ever to get back on track we need to make them accountable.

i dont know if you have heard cromwell , but labour have just went into coalition with the tories on edinburgh council ( among many others) rejecting the chance to work with progressive left and centrist parties.

Instead  , they chose to get into bad with the "evilTories" :D and lock the others out.

Starmer and sarwar are being villified across the whole of scotland. Be interesting to see what boycey thinks , and wether he voted labour without realising he got tory instead?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on May 26, 2022, 08:52:43 PM
The Police have to be in question on every level here. They are the security in Downing St, so why were charges not made at the time of these piss ups?  To be effective they need to be both in and out of that building. So did they attend these events? The mind boggles.
As far as Sue Grays  report goes, the pattern was set in the interim report when she states, " events that were hard to justify", instead of " events that could not be justified".  For Boris, and the Tories that was a green light  to try to justify no matter how unrealistic or hard that might be.
headlines in some of scotlands papers this morning good old........asking people if they feel betrayed by labour. If your party wins the next genereal election  , i would imagine this will be getting replicated all over englandshire.

Labour tell scotland we shouldnt be doing any deals , then immediately go into deals with the conservatives.

Labour tell england , we shouldnt be going back to the eu , and immediately take england back in to the EU by the back door.

Red tory blue tory , whats the difference?

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on May 26, 2022, 01:56:36 PM
My problem with Boris is he may have a majority, but he wasn't elected to not only trample those rules but slap everyone, including those that actually elected him in the face with his disregard for the unwritten standards that have been set for years and years. Allowed to get away with this he is opening the door ,to every disregarding ,couldn't care less character that may ever follow him. Maybe a written constitution would help.
It's a narrow line , because no one is infallible, but we can only rely on trust in the integrity of any politicians , but if  and when that wafer thin line is not only crossed but actually thrown in our faces , as appears to be the case here,  then we take a step toward tyranny if we ignore it.
aye aye , and yet keir starmer did the same trampling all over the rules in durham that the rest of your nation was meant to obey.

In scotland , keir starmer has lost two major elections on the trot , and all over the scottish media the cry is going out keir starmer has put more tory councilors into power than the scottish public.

Still , on the bright side good old , it seems finally the doom and gloom is paying off for labour , and returning to the EU. both borchester and cromwell have cracks in their brexiter facades , and the mood appears to be turning against johnson , so it looks like you have a chance.

Keir starmer has spent his entire leadership of labour doing nothing  offering nothing ,and simply throwing shit at the tories. So if he does claim the iron throne , its going to be interesting watching him like a rabbit caught in the headlights having to actually formulate a coherent policy .

Im looking forward to watching starmer going cap in hand to ursula von der leyen to beg forgiveness and re affriming englands loyalty to the EU. While borchester will bury his head in the sand pretending it isnt happening , the rest of the world will be watching.

Farage will be screaming from the highest rooftops , and banana republics will be howling in laughter. We willl need to think up songs to sing on the football terraces .:D

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 26, 2022, 12:43:41 PM
And Wee Krankie and Sammy the Seal Salmond and every politician since the cave men looked at Og and said, well, he is a silly looking bastard but someone has to look after the shop while we are hunting the dinosaurs.

You know borchester , you are fast becoming this forums replacement for pappysmurf. Not many now posting on here , and most of us try and at least go through the motions at attempting political discourse , but F@@@ knows what you are going on about half the time.

It seems to be constantly in your country , with its myths about the mother of all parliaments , the cradle of democracy , and all the usual stuff of myth and legend where people are constnatly asking the question....where is the modern political leviathon who will save us and return the empire and the way the world was meant to be in 1850.

The point above is its not about personalities. Your system in your country doesnt reward merit , it rewards incompetence and arse licking which was my point. So if you cant get the basics right , then why the wonder when it produces the likes of starmer ,johnson , may or corbyn?

QuoteIt will be a shame to see Boris go, but there are certain rules to the game and he has broken most of them
i thought you have spent the last few years on this froum arguing the exact opposite  , that the gangsters of londons allotments expect their politicians to be crooks and liars and thats what you like about them?

What people like barry on this forum as i understand it are pissed off with johnson isnt the fact he broke any rule and had a bit of cake , its the fact he locked your country down over a common cold from china , then proceeded to hypocritically break his own lockdown rule in the process.

Its not cake and prosecco thats the problem , but the taking away of mens freedom over an overhyped cold from beijing boris  has fallen out of favour over with the party faithfull as i understand it.

And while Sir Stodge is a boring bastard, he probably won't risk rejoining the EU or doing anything controversial, so he will be harmless enough.
What keir starmer , the man who was a ringleader in your parliament in trying to overturn the demcratic brexit vote for three years , using every dirty trick in the book , then when on to try and force another vote on the public if he had got corbyn elected  , and would have kept you voting till you voted the correct way?

That keir starmer?

:D

The other week on here , we had cromwell talking about joining an eu common market , to save face that his bottle was going over brexit , which both toots and streetwalker picked him up over.

Today , we have lukewarm borchester , polishing the keir starmer turd and predicting he probably wont risk joining the EU , such is his terror of the jocks and paddies leaving whats left of the empire.

Pappymsurf was an old geriatric crank , but give due where its merited , he at least had the courage of his convictions.

First sign of trouble over brexit and cromwell and borchesters bottles are crashing big time. The brexiter bedwetters im going to start calling you two.

Streetwalker and barry among others must be shaking thier heads in disbelief , while javert and quackers et al smirking in self satisfied glory .

Good old

Quote from: Barry on May 26, 2022, 06:36:59 PM
Sue Gray also found out that security custodians in Downing Street tried to disband the parties as they were incredulous that they were going on. Even cleaners were saying that it was wrong.
They were told by Downing Street staff to shut up and F-off.
Now, if the cleaners and custodians could see it was wrong, how come those in charge of the country could not?
Pity they didn't get charged with malfeasance in public office. Not a pathetic fixed penalty. Fancy carrying on like that when your own staff had warned you - despicable.

The Police have to be in question on every level here. They are the security in Downing St, so why were charges not made at the time of these piss ups?  To be effective they need to be both in and out of that building. So did they attend these events? The mind boggles.
 As far as Sue Grays  report goes, the pattern was set in the interim report when she states, " events that were hard to justify", instead of " events that could not be justified".  For Boris, and the Tories that was a green light  to try to justify no matter how unrealistic or hard that might be.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 24, 2022, 09:18:45 PM
I dont care about parties full stop , from what Ive seen they were all ful of tossers drinking half a larger or a glass of warm prosecco .

A GE wouldn't give us any new blood , it would be the same faces that walk through the doors of Westminster that walk through them today . Even if any of them do miss the boat they would find themselves wearing Ermine within a month .

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on May 26, 2022, 06:36:59 PM

Sounds about right. Security sound a right bunch of sniveling prigs. And I like the idea of the Cleaning staff going into a decline because of a staff party. We used to invite them to join in in and drop them a few bob for the extra work. I have never heard of Mrs Mop refusing a drink or a bit of folding.

Still, that is the world everyone wants and the one it will get.

Let us hope Mrs Leyen has washed her arse because the UK is determined to line up and kiss it.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Sue Gray also found out that security custodians in Downing Street tried to disband the parties as they were incredulous that they were going on. Even cleaners were saying that it was wrong.
Now, if the cleaners and custodians could see it was wrong, how come those in charge of the country could not?
Pity they didn't get charged with malfeasance in public office. Not a pathetic fixed penalty. Fancy carrying on like that when your own staff had warned you - despicable.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on May 26, 2022, 08:29:35 AM
The problem isnt boris johnson. Its the system that rewards arse licking cronyism , and elects talentless benchwarmers that produce the likes of boris johnson.

Westmisnter cannot produce a meritocracy. As it stands its designed for a two party stitch up with the majority of votes of the public wasted under the disgrace that is FPTP in a medieval parliament long since out of date and practically useless at serving the needs of ordinary people.

Thats why  when we have people on forums like this lament the behaviour of johnson and many others past and present , and asking where are the honourbale statesmen to lead thier country forward , they spend too much time focusing on the individual rather than the system that produces a conveyor belt of talentless crooks as you put it.

I think most folk dont agree with what johnson and beer starmer have done  , at the same time though , dont your media half drone on  , and most folk not only get sick of hearing about it , but are more interested in things that matter like the cost of living crises.

The plebs will put up witha lot of things , but as soon as you start hitting them in the pocket , then there is going to be trouble in my opinion.
I've mentioned a few times the matter that originally His or Her Majesty's Prime Minister was someone appointed by the sovereign to go and form a government from those elected.

I wonder, were that still the way of things ... well if it were Boris would be an elected backbench clown but I do rather strongly suspect that whoever were in the job under those terms, had they been found to have partied the night away while Liz sat alone at her husband's funeral, they would very quickly find themselves the full time resident governor-general of some godforsaken gale-blown tide-washed rock in the southern Ocean remarkable only for its ability to suffer plagues of malaria and sea ice on the same day.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Good old

Quote from: Borchester on May 26, 2022, 12:43:41 PM
And Wee Krankie and Sammy the Seal Salmond and every politician since the cave men looked at Og and said, well, he is a silly looking bastard but someone has to look after the shop while we are hunting the dinosaurs.

It will be a shame to see Boris go, but there are certain rules to the game and he has broken most of them. And while Sir Stodge is a boring bastard, he probably won't risk rejoining the EU or doing anything controversial, so he will be harmless enough.

My problem with Boris is he may have a majority, but he wasn't elected to not only trample those rules but slap everyone, including those that actually elected him in the face with his disregard for the unwritten standards that have been set for years and years. Allowed to get away with this he is opening the door ,to every disregarding ,couldn't care less character that may ever follow him. Maybe a written constitution would help.
It's a narrow line , because no one is infallible, but we can only rely on trust in the integrity of any politicians , but if  and when that wafer thin line is not only crossed but actually thrown in our faces , as appears to be the case here,  then we take a step toward tyranny if we ignore it.