Boris and the party photo

Started by cromwell, May 23, 2022, 10:21:47 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on May 26, 2022, 08:29:35 AM
The problem isnt boris johnson. Its the system that rewards arse licking cronyism , and elects talentless benchwarmers that produce the likes of boris johnson.

And Wee Krankie and Sammy the Seal Salmond and every politician since the cave men looked at Og and said, well, he is a silly looking bastard but someone has to look after the shop while we are hunting the dinosaurs.

It will be a shame to see Boris go, but there are certain rules to the game and he has broken most of them. And while Sir Stodge is a boring bastard, he probably won't risk rejoining the EU or doing anything controversial, so he will be harmless enough.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 26, 2022, 04:46:29 AM
Well Tommy, in the words of Lawrence Bourne III, before I commit any of the above to memory, what has any of it to do with the fact that Boris is not merely a crook, but a crook who has been caught?

I like Boris and don't care if he spent Christmas dancing on table tops and drinking champagne out of Priti Patel's knickers. But he was caught, exposed as a crook and should now be thrown out and replaced by a fresh set of crooks
The problem isnt boris johnson. Its the system that rewards arse licking cronyism , and elects talentless benchwarmers that produce the likes of boris johnson.

Westmisnter cannot produce a meritocracy. As it stands its designed for a two party stitch up with the majority of votes of the public wasted under the disgrace that is FPTP in a medieval parliament long since out of date and practically useless at serving the needs of ordinary people.

Thats why  when we have people on forums like this lament the behaviour of johnson and many others past and present , and asking where are the honourbale statesmen to lead thier country forward , they spend too much time focusing on the individual rather than the system that produces a conveyor belt of talentless crooks as you put it.

I think most folk dont agree with what johnson and beer starmer have done  , at the same time though , dont your media half drone on  , and most folk not only get sick of hearing about it , but are more interested in things that matter like the cost of living crises.

The plebs will put up witha lot of things , but as soon as you start hitting them in the pocket , then there is going to be trouble in my opinion.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on May 25, 2022, 09:08:43 AM
well there you go borkie. The answer to the worlds problems.......install keir starmer. That will have us scottish and irish on our knees.

You know , i know , and everyone on this planet knows if keir starmer and his party get into power in westminster , and go on to take engerlund back into the EU by hook or by crook , it will be the biggest humiliation in englands history. The world will be laughing .

2016 how is started.......return of empire just around the corner.

2022 how its going..........get labour in to stop the rot.

The party that bankrupted the uk by lax banking regulation , left massive pfi debt , and of course my mate tony set the ball rolling by dismantling the old multi national uk unitary state , not to mention flooding the uk with the hordes of eastern europe , now seen as the saviour of the crumbling uk by the torygraph readers in the london bubble. :D

i see my old labour mate wurzel was doing his bit meeting mary lou and michelle  from sinn fein.

Well Tommy, in the words of Lawrence Bourne III, before I commit any of the above to memory, what has any of it to do with the fact that Boris is not merely a crook, but a crook who has been caught?

I like Boris and don't care if he spent Christmas dancing on table tops and drinking champagne out of Priti Patel's knickers. But he was caught, exposed as a crook and should now be thrown out and replaced by a fresh set of crooks
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on May 24, 2022, 04:55:09 PM
Which will mean a Labour government, an end to any hopes of Scottish independence and an attempt to rejoin the EU. Overall, a pretty shit future.

Still, it is the right thing to do, f**k it.
well there you go borkie. The answer to the worlds problems.......install keir starmer. That will have us scottish and irish on our knees.

You know , i know , and everyone on this planet knows if keir starmer and his party get into power in westminster , and go on to take engerlund back into the EU by hook or by crook , it will be the biggest humiliation in englands history. The world will be laughing .

2016 how is started.......return of empire just around the corner.

2022 how its going..........get labour in to stop the rot.

The party that bankrupted the uk by lax banking regulation , left massive pfi debt , and of course my mate tony set the ball rolling by dismantling the old multi national uk unitary state , not to mention flooding the uk with the hordes of eastern europe , now seen as the saviour of the crumbling uk by the torygraph readers in the london bubble. :D

i see my old labour mate wurzel was doing his bit meeting mary lou and michelle  from sinn fein.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on May 24, 2022, 09:18:45 PM
I dont care about parties full stop , from what Ive seen they were all ful of tossers drinking half a larger or a glass of warm prosecco .

A GE wouldn't give us any new blood , it would be the same faces that walk through the doors of Westminster that walk through them today . Even if any of them do miss the boat they would find themselves wearing Ermine within a month .
someone who finally understands streetwalker. A general election will simply re install the same talentless benchwarmers from the out of date , anti democratic two party system that causes your nation and mine so much problems.

Boris johnson , brexit , and all the rest arent the problem . They are a symptom of the problem.

Borkie seems to think a new muppet sitting on the iron throne in westmisnter will set the world to rights. :D

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on May 24, 2022, 04:46:47 PM
I don't care about a blurred out photo, I care about him asking Sue Gray not to publish after telling the House it would be released in full. He should go now.
I think we need some new blood and a GE would solve that.
I dont care about parties full stop , from what Ive seen they were all ful of tossers drinking half a larger or a glass of warm prosecco .

A GE wouldn't give us any new blood , it would be the same faces that walk through the doors of Westminster that walk through them today . Even if any of them do miss the boat they would find themselves wearing Ermine within a month .

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on May 24, 2022, 04:46:47 PM
I don't care about a blurred out photo, I care about him asking Sue Gray not to publish after telling the House it would be released in full. He should go now.

Which will mean a Labour government, an end to any hopes of Scottish independence and an attempt to rejoin the EU. Overall, a pretty shit future.

Still, it is the right thing to do, F@@@ it.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on May 23, 2022, 10:21:47 PM
So should he go? Never changed my mind he should go,and there's a but.......I somehow get the feeling that he's not the only one who should go.

There are civil servants who have openly and behind closed doors done their damndest to thwart brexit,the will of the majority.

These are some of the people in these pictures at such gatherings or able to source things like this photo.

The clue is in the job description civil servants they are there to serve the public and the elected administration and not to govern nor to seek by their position to thwart a  democratic vote or impose their version of belief.  What they think best for the country.
I think we are long past the stage of asking now "should he go". The fact is he isnt going to go. He isnt a man of honour ,he hasnt pretended to be a man of honour ,and the general consesnus is he is a compulsive liar not to be trusted.

This continuing partygate story is nothing more than red meat for the press and opposing political parties ( apart from labour:D )Apart from that , most folk dont really give a shit.

Several factors come into this.

ranging from the political factors like brexit , no matter what johnson does a large amount of voters dont want labour in power ( scot indy wont vote them and neither will brexiters in england) over to the fact many people who didnt agree with lockdown in the first place find it amusing the man who championed lockdowns broke his own rules.

Of course ther is the hypocrisy element , but thats par for the course with modern politicians.

On top of that , the tories seem short of talent on the benches to take over form johnson , so from my point of view , this is a story that will run then fizzle out when johnson shows absolutely no sign of resigning over it.

Far more important issues and events to deal with both in these islands and outside than worrying about this manufactured shite from the press desperate for everyone to jump on the outrage bus.

cromwell

So should he go? Never changed my mind he should go,and there's a but.......I somehow get the feeling that he's not the only one who should go.

There are civil servants who have openly and behind closed doors done their damndest to thwart brexit,the will of the majority.

These are some of the people in these pictures at such gatherings or able to source things like this photo.

The clue is in the job description civil servants they are there to serve the public and the elected administration and not to govern nor to seek by their position to thwart a  democratic vote or impose their version of belief.  What they think best for the country.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?