Boris and the party photo

Started by cromwell, May 23, 2022, 10:21:47 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 02, 2022, 12:52:58 PM
I thought that it might be something like that Ollie. And no doubt Tommy will soon reappear as the cheerful chappie we all knew and were happy to hear from

:)

I have to say that that Sir Stodge is playing his cards well. He has the left because they have nowhere else to go and now he has wrapped himself in the Royal Standard so as to catch reactionaries like me.

He is a dreary bastard but he has an eye on how to handle the public.
Borkie , boris has just been on the phone , and asked me to give yout this....

Dont bother coming back to the tory party he said. Turncoats arent wanted.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 02, 2022, 10:54:19 AM

But this isnt about parties or beer any more ,its about removing Johnson and replacing him with a Europhile
spot on mate. They think by removing johnson , brexit will crumble and you will all meekly accept being taken back into the eu by hook or by crook.

I was hearing tory mp tobias ellwood was making remainer noises the other day .

Brexit: Senior Tory MP calls for UK to rejoin EU single market to ease cost of living crisis

https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/uk-news/brexit-eu-single-market-ellwood-b2093583.html

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on June 02, 2022, 08:50:46 AM
No! You totally miss the point. If what you say is thought to contravene Boris,s own rules . Starmer will fall on his sword.
If you believe that , and im sure you dont , then you are even more naive than i thought. Or possibly you think we are , as in the voting plebs.

QuoteThat is the point, Starmers situation doesn't mitigate Boris, it emphasises his indiscretion, and his failure to do the honourable thing.
you wish.

Starmers situation makes him look a complete fool in trying to make political capital out of partygate , then being embroiled in his own durhamgate and appearing to be the hypocrite every one sees him and his party as.

I cant see johnson going , just as i cant see starmer going.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 01, 2022, 10:04:43 PM
Sour sods.

The old lady has done her bit by the country, but no sad Glaswegian shit can be bothered to raise a glass to her.

and the throngs waiting with baited breath at strathclyde country park for the queens jubilee beacon lighting....

QuoteStill, I doubt  Sir Keir is bothered. According to the latest polls the Brothers and Sisters have climbed to 40% in the polls and most Scots want to remain in the union.

So that looks as though both Boris and the SNP are well f**ked.
on the political ball as ever borkie. :D

Should Scotland be an independent country?  (Ipsos-Mori / STV)
Yes 50% (-4)
No 50% (+4)

Scottish voting intentions for the next Westminster general election:
SNP 44%
Labour 23%
Conservatives 19%
Liberal Democrats 10%
Greens 3%

However, the gap between SNP and Labour remains twice as big as it was in Labour's mini-comeback year of 2017 under Jeremy Corbyn - and remember even that election produced only seven seats for Scottish Labour.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on June 02, 2022, 11:15:03 AM
You'll have to excuse Tommy Borky,he's in a bad mood because he took a break in Gibraltar and with all the flight chaos his flight has been cancelled and he can't organise a street Indy party in the finer? parts of Glasgow.

He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. :P
I thought that it might be something like that Ollie. And no doubt Tommy will soon reappear as the cheerful chappie we all knew and were happy to hear from

:)

I have to say that that Sir Stodge is playing his cards well. He has the left because they have nowhere else to go and now he has wrapped himself in the Royal Standard so as to catch reactionaries like me.

He is a dreary bastard but he has an eye on how to handle the public.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on June 01, 2022, 10:04:43 PM
Sour sods.

The old lady has done her bit by the country, but no sad Glaswegian shit can be bothered to raise a glass to her.

Still, I doubt  Sir Keir is bothered. According to the latest polls the Brothers and Sisters have climbed to 40% in the polls and most Scots want to remain in the union.

You'll have to excuse Tommy Borky,he's in a bad mood because he took a break in Gibraltar and with all the flight chaos his flight has been cancelled and he can't organise a street Indy party in the finer? parts of Glasgow.

He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Good old on June 02, 2022, 08:50:46 AM
No! You totally miss the point. If what you say is thought to contravene Boris,s own rules . Starmer will fall on his sword.
Which is is exactly what has always been expected of our leaders when considered to have stepped outside of the law, let alone law that they themselves set. That is the point, Starmers situation doesn't mitigate Boris, it emphasises his indiscretion, and his failure to do the honourable thing.
Paying a FPN means you avoid criminal proceedings ,its niether proven or not proven that any law has been broken but that in paying you aviod the chances of it being so . That is the law of the land . 

That Starmer has convinced himself that resignation is the penalty is up to him and I dare say one he wishes he had kept to himself given his own beergate investigation .

But this isnt about parties or beer any more ,its about removing Johnson and replacing him with a Europhile 

Good old

Quote from: Nick on June 01, 2022, 09:36:49 PM
You're totally missing the point.
The food and booze were taken and the end of the campaign event and not as a hiatus as was suggested by Starmer.
They'd finished work so could have gone back to their own digs and eaten there. It was an unnecessary meeting and therefore contravened Covid rules, same as #10.

Which is is exactly what has always been expected of our leaders when considered to have stepped outside of the law, let alone law that they themselves set. That is the point, Starmers situation doesn't mitigate Boris, it emphasises his indiscretion, and his failure to do the honourable thing.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on June 01, 2022, 06:17:59 PM

Baring in mind glesga hasnt at last notice had a single enquirey about holding a street party ,

Sour sods.

Still, I doubt  Sir Keir is bothered. According to the latest polls the Brothers and Sisters have climbed to 40% in the polls and most Scots want to remain in the union.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Good old on June 01, 2022, 09:40:09 AM
Yes she was there, for what that's worth. And if you were going to need food and drink at some point in a political working day for a group. Surely you would order it up front. If taking part in a Champaign toast at what was clearly a piss up, is dismissible because it's a work event, a curry and a half pint food break in a working political office bares no comparison.
You suggest Starmers only interest in life, is to Kamikaze, himself and the Tories. You really are desperate mate.
You're totally missing the point. 
The food and booze were taken and the end of the campaign event and not as a hiatus as was suggested by Starmer. 
They'd finished work so could have gone back to their own digs and eaten there. It was an unnecessary meeting and therefore contravened Covid rules, same as #10. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on June 01, 2022, 01:34:24 PM
The only people that actually commented on the issue of Raynor, until recently were party spokes people, if it was a mistake they have put it right. If a lie , they have withdrawn it. Either way it's really not the point, no one disputes there was a situation in that office, a situation that was not at one point considered a problem by our totally reliable police. And to top it all both Starmer, and Raynor, will resign if the police do what they had so much trouble doing in Downing Street and issue tickets, having been told to look again.
Whatever happens here it's an appalling indictment of the state of British politics. When the opposition have to demonstrate levels of behaviour to a serving PM that has broken his own rules.
still standing on the beach trying to hold back the incoming tide as ever good old. Talking about diggin an even deeper hole . Do you need another spade.?

I see scotlands media and voting fodder are in uproar today about keri starmers comments its our patriotic duty to celebrate the queens jubilee. Baring in mind glesga hasnt at last notice had a single enquirey about holding a street party , sir keir jumps up and pisses off the remaining labour voters in scotland coming out with that crap while looking like a complete hypocritical imbecile over partygate.

:D

It is an appalling state of politics , and your labour party are up to their fackn necks in sleeze.

Good old

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 01, 2022, 11:51:28 AM
Well what it is worth is her boss (arguably her boss, except he can't of course sack her thanks to Ed Milliband) repeatedly said she wasn't, until it was proven she was and was telling porkies.

The only people that actually commented on the issue of Raynor, until recently were party spokes people, if it was a mistake they have put it right. If a lie , they have withdrawn it. Either way it's really not the point, no one disputes there was a situation in that office, a situation that was not at one point considered a problem by our totally reliable police. And to top it all both Starmer, and Raynor, will resign if the police do what they had so much trouble doing in Downing Street and issue tickets, having been told to look again.
Whatever happens here it's an appalling indictment of the state of British politics. When the opposition have to demonstrate levels of behaviour to a serving PM that has broken his own rules.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Good old on June 01, 2022, 09:40:09 AM
Yes she was there, for what that's worth.

Well what it is worth is her boss (arguably her boss, except he can't of course sack her thanks to Ed Milliband) repeatedly said she wasn't, until it was proven she was and was telling porkies.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

With Boris Johnson's disapproval rating at 65% and Labour leading the Tories by seven points even though Kier Starmer is not universally popular among Labour supporters, perhaps it would be best if both leaders were replaced and Parliament could then return to dealing with the UK's welfare and place in the world...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Good old

Quote from: Nick on June 01, 2022, 08:26:03 AM
You think? Angela Raynor was not / was at the beer fest. The gathering was not / was prearranged!! Beer Korma has the moral high ground does he? No he doesn't, and the only reason he has said he will fall on his sword is that he thinks it will damage the Tories, which it won't.

Yes she was there, for what that's worth. And if you were going to need food and drink at some point in a political working day for a group. Surely you would order it up front. If taking part in a Champaign toast at what was clearly a piss up, is dismissible because it's a work event, a curry and a half pint food break in a working political office bares no comparison.
You suggest Starmers only interest in life, is to Kamikaze, himself and the Tories. You really are desperate mate.