Boris Johnson to show off Brexit opportunities by axing EU regulations

Started by Thomas, May 30, 2022, 07:37:32 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Nick on June 04, 2022, 10:56:21 AM
France eats a lot of fish yes? They get tons of it from U.K. waters, so as their quota drops over the coming few years they are going to have to deal. Or they end up with no fish: they can't get any more out of the Med, it's already one of the most over fished bits of water in the world.
It's unlikely that France would be able to do a unilateral fish deal with the UK as it's in the EU and so any deal would be between the EU and the UK since the EU is a single trading bloc. Presumably France would have to put its case to the EU and hope for a sympathetic hearing leading to the EU negotiating a new fish deal with UK.

Nigel Farage spread the misinformation during the referendum campaign that we'd be 'free' to do trade deals with individual EU member states if we left. He knew perfectly well that would not be possible but still used it as propaganda.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on June 04, 2022, 09:29:54 AM
Most of the EU regulations that go on the bonfire will have to be replaced by new domestic regulations. Because of the huge amount of work needed to change the regulations, most of the new ones will probably 'copied and pasted' from the EU ones with the odd word changed here and there. And we mustn't forget that in many instances Britain will still need to adhere to EU regulations in order to participate in the wider European economy.
France eats a lot of fish yes? They get tons of it from U.K. waters, so as their quota drops over the coming few years they are going to have to deal. Or they end up with no fish: they can't get any more out of the Med, it's already one of the most over fished bits of water in the world. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

HDQQ

Most of the EU regulations that go on the bonfire will have to be replaced by new domestic regulations. Because of the huge amount of work needed to change the regulations, most of the new ones will probably 'copied and pasted' from the EU ones with the odd word changed here and there. And we mustn't forget that in many instances Britain will still need to adhere to EU regulations in order to participate in the wider European economy.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Frankie boyle just tweeted how pessimistic are you on the future on a scale of 9 to 10? :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

The Prime Minister is planning a "bonfire" of EU laws, reportedly in a bid to show off the opportunities presented by Brexit and move on from Partygate.
The initiative will focus on cutting EU regulation on the environment, farming, transport and tax, with Cabinet ministers reportedly hoping that the changes will allow Britain to out-compete European countries.
Details of the proposal will be revealed alongside the Brexit Freedoms Bill, first announced in the Queen's speech. The bill is intended to make it easier to repeal or amend existing EU law and will lead to the cutting of £1 billion of regulation.
The new push comes after polling from YouGov revealed the Prime Minister could lose his seat at the next general election, alongside other large-scale losses.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/boris-johnson-to-show-off-brexit-opportunities-by-axing-eu-regulations/305681
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!