Blame the French

Started by cromwell, May 30, 2022, 06:52:21 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 04, 2022, 02:54:56 PM
No, I didn't see this. To be honest, I saw and heard the headlines with the French blaming English football fans for needing to be CS gassed and thought "here we go again"...
those headlines were lapped up in manchester by all accounts.

Young african men molesting female scousers , shambles of organistation , uefa apology to both sets of fans and investigation into it , and marine le pen accusing one of macrons minisnters of "cologne syndrome" .

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on June 04, 2022, 09:57:05 AM
Did you see ther reports john of the "local youths" ( as in recently arrived in paris local youths ) sexually abusing female liverpool fans as they waited to get in the stadium?

Were Liverpool fans sexually assaulted at the Stade de France?

The shambles at the Stade de France on Saturday night took a sinister turn on Wednesday as allegations emerged of incidents of sexual assault committed against supporters by gangs of local youths.

What unfolded outside France's national stadium on Saturday evening as Liverpool and Real Madrid met inside in the final of the Champions League has dominated the news in France ever since. Most of the criticism for what is seen as a national humiliation is directed at Gérald Darmanin, the Minister of the Interior, who since Saturday evening has insisted that Liverpool supporters were predominantly to blame for the trouble. On Wednesday he received the indirect support of his boss, Emmanuel Macron, via his official spokeswoman, Olivia Grégoire, who assured reporters the president is 'totally' behind his beleaguered minister.

In the footballing world, when a struggling manager receives a vote of confidence from the club owner he is normally sacked within the fortnight. That is unlikely to happen to Darmanin, not with the first round of the legislative elections taking place on Sunday week. Macron's new government is already embroiled in one ministerial controversy, the allegations of rape levelled last week at Damien Abad. In the short term the president will do all that he can to protect Darmanin

But does Darmanin need protecting from himself first and foremost? His handling of the debacle has turned a drama into a crisis, antagonising the British, astonishing the media and angering many police officers who are openly contradicting his assertion that Liverpool fans were the source of the trouble on account of the high number of forged tickets they carried. Even the country's intellectuals are pondering the signification of the ignominy, a sure sign that the national psyche is bruised.

On Wednesday Le Figaro published online a report claiming there were several instances of spectators being sexually assaulted outside the ground. A police officer on duty is quoted as saying: 'What went on was crazy... I saw women having their breasts touched, they had their bags ripped away'. The officer said those responsible were gangs of young men from the area.
Le Figaro also cites testimonies from Spanish and English supporters, who grouped together in defensive circles to protect the women among them. One Spaniard told the paper that the youths 'molested minors' and he saw one girl in tears after being groped.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/were-liverpool-fans-sexually-assaulted-at-the-stade-de-france-
No, I didn't see this. To be honest, I saw and heard the headlines with the French blaming English football fans for needing to be CS gassed and thought "here we go again"...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 04, 2022, 01:17:25 PM
Yeah I know I'm a terrible person Thomas who won't let go,unlike you of course who never let's go of anything.

Anyway I've no real difference with you but am tired of the repeated snidey digs,I made a true  quote Barry made  that everything the press and media says is a lie accompanied by a smiley both of which prompted objections that I accused him of duplicity (which I didn't) and the smiley was somehow offensive......
a smiley offensive? Really?

And now I am done but won't be making any apologies either.
:D

cromwell

Yeah I know I'm a terrible person Thomas who won't let go,unlike you of course who never let's go of anything.

Anyway I've no real difference with you but am tired of the repeated snidey digs,I made a true  quote Barry made  that everything the press and media says is a lie accompanied by a smiley both of which prompted objections that I accused him of duplicity (which I didn't) and the smiley was somehow offensive......
a smiley offensive? Really?

And now I am done but won't be making any apologies either.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

man city fan at champions league final..... :D

Bitter as fack.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 04, 2022, 12:46:41 PM
The only smokescreen is you openly say,all the media says is lies.......
till it suits.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 04, 2022, 12:51:30 PM
Brilliant,the gutter press say they're all innocent
diversion. 

They werent initially , cheered on by the likes of you. Now as the facts emerge , everyone is backtracking except cromwell , who throws out yet more smokescreens as he isnt man enough to say sorry and admit hes wrong. :D

Bitter  bitter mancs.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 04, 2022, 09:51:47 AM
why dont you for once in your life stop whinging and wriggling and admit a combination of manc hatred , bitterness and envy of the scousers for being one of europes great football clubs , coupled with your eagerness to believe the gutter press at every turn has led you to call this wrong?

I think as barry and nick have hinted , its a pretty open and shut case now UEFA have formally came out and apologised to both sets of fans.

Im sure manc city will buy the champions league at one point as chelski did , until then , move on and let it go cromwell.
Brilliant,the gutter press say they're all innocent 

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 04, 2022, 11:28:03 AM
Duplicity by implication, Cromwell. But it's a smoke screen because you've been shown to be wrong.
You could say sorry to the Liverpool supporters, who were clearly mistreated by the French Police along with UEFA.
The only smokescreen is you openly say,all the media says is lies.......
till it suits.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on June 04, 2022, 11:28:03 AM
Duplicity by implication, Cromwell. But it's a smoke screen because you've been shown to be wrong.
You could say sorry to the Liverpool supporters, who were clearly mistreated by the French Police along with UEFA.
real madrid have also made an official complaint from what im reading to uefa about similar treatement of their own fans in this debacle. So the idea it was out of control scousers wanting to create another hysel seems to be getting more and more laughed at as facts emerge.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on June 03, 2022, 09:36:38 PM
What a surprise,you've had a few digs which I've taken in good part if only you did.

clearly when you said In this post I wasn't accusing you of duplicity but reminding you what you've said in the past,it was accompanied with a smiley which for some reason you found an affront too.
It was though a fact,if you've changed your stance fine you could've just said that.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

At a press conference on Wednesday Marine Le Pen called on Darmanin to resign, accusing him of suffering from 'Cologne syndrome'. That barb will hurt. Few have forgotten what unfolded at Cologne on New Year's Eve in 2015, when hundreds of young women were groped and assaulted by men, many of whom had recently arrived in Germany after Angela Merkel threw open Europe's borders to an estimated one million refugees and migrants. The outrage grew when the Mayor of Cologne, Henriette Reker, suggested women should in future modify their behaviour to avoid a repetition

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 04, 2022, 06:45:18 AM
For what though? And to take a point raised by Real Madrid, just WTF is going on when the French get to trouser all the dosh from a game between an English and Spanish team ?
Did you see ther reports john of the "local youths" ( as in recently arrived in paris local youths ) sexually abusing female liverpool fans as they waited to get in the stadium?

Were Liverpool fans sexually assaulted at the Stade de France?

The shambles at the Stade de France on Saturday night took a sinister turn on Wednesday as allegations emerged of incidents of sexual assault committed against supporters by gangs of local youths.

What unfolded outside France's national stadium on Saturday evening as Liverpool and Real Madrid met inside in the final of the Champions League has dominated the news in France ever since. Most of the criticism for what is seen as a national humiliation is directed at Gérald Darmanin, the Minister of the Interior, who since Saturday evening has insisted that Liverpool supporters were predominantly to blame for the trouble. On Wednesday he received the indirect support of his boss, Emmanuel Macron, via his official spokeswoman, Olivia Grégoire, who assured reporters the president is 'totally' behind his beleaguered minister.

In the footballing world, when a struggling manager receives a vote of confidence from the club owner he is normally sacked within the fortnight. That is unlikely to happen to Darmanin, not with the first round of the legislative elections taking place on Sunday week. Macron's new government is already embroiled in one ministerial controversy, the allegations of rape levelled last week at Damien Abad. In the short term the president will do all that he can to protect Darmanin

But does Darmanin need protecting from himself first and foremost? His handling of the debacle has turned a drama into a crisis, antagonising the British, astonishing the media and angering many police officers who are openly contradicting his assertion that Liverpool fans were the source of the trouble on account of the high number of forged tickets they carried. Even the country's intellectuals are pondering the signification of the ignominy, a sure sign that the national psyche is bruised.

On Wednesday Le Figaro published online a report claiming there were several instances of spectators being sexually assaulted outside the ground. A police officer on duty is quoted as saying: 'What went on was crazy... I saw women having their breasts touched, they had their bags ripped away'. The officer said those responsible were gangs of young men from the area.
Le Figaro also cites testimonies from Spanish and English supporters, who grouped together in defensive circles to protect the women among them. One Spaniard told the paper that the youths 'molested minors' and he saw one girl in tears after being groped.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/were-liverpool-fans-sexually-assaulted-at-the-stade-de-france-

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 03, 2022, 09:02:04 PM
In your dreams,will you ne apologising for attributing a motive I didn't have.
why dont you for once in your life stop whinging and wriggling and admit a combination of manc hatred , bitterness and envy of the scousers for being one of europes great football clubs , coupled with your eagerness to believe the gutter press at every turn has led you to call this wrong?

I think as barry and nick have hinted , its a pretty open and shut case now UEFA have formally came out and apologised to both sets of fans.

Im sure manc city will buy the champions league at one point as chelski did , until then , move on and let it go cromwell.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 01, 2022, 08:56:16 PM
LOL I never said we were any good just been around a long time , most of our history is in division 3 south . ;D

Our day is coming though trust me ,there is a feeling in the wind ,or was that my wind  , fecked if I know , Come on Scotland !

oops

Mod Notice  Edited - rule breaking language.