Did Boris Johnson mislead Parliament over parties?

Started by GBNews, May 31, 2022, 01:00:07 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on May 31, 2022, 05:51:52 PM
Yes.

But it won't matter unless Tory MPs see their seats at risk. Until then the country will struggle on, pretending Brexit is going to plan, and continuing to lose credibility on international currency markets...

https://www.ft.com/content/0a3327bd-b6d ... d82802d5da
https://pol-tics.com/brexit/5/brexit-a-remoaners-tale/5477/
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: News on May 31, 2022, 01:00:07 AM
Yes.

But it won't matter unless Tory MPs see their seats at risk. Until then the country will struggle on, pretending Brexit is going to plan, and continuing to lose credibility on international currency markets...

https://www.ft.com/content/0a3327bd-b6d ... d82802d5da
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on May 31, 2022, 11:33:43 AM
I am coming round to the belief that it is time Plumpton resigned and made room for a less interesting man, but all this fuss over a couple of pints is going to create a reaction. I reckon that if he came clean and said yes, we had a party and I stuck my hand down Priti Patel's dress but could not do much because I was completely shit faced and God Almighty, you guys would have loved it and should have been there, then the the electorate would rise up, cry dog's bollocks Bojo and elected him king

I agree. I said a while ago with all that business over Leppings Lane had the copper responsible taken his hat off looked straight down the barrel of the TV camera and said YES !! I admit it I ROYALLY fucked up and people died and I'm SORRY there would have been an almighty outpouring of entirely justified anger at the twats incompetence, which would probably ended with him taking sick leave and it would all have blown over not because it would be forgotten but because terrible as it was IF he'd fessed up immediately, apologised, and taken what was coming as a consequence, the question "what the F@@@ more could he be expected to do" would, and rightly should, have been asked.

But the T@@@ didn't. Not only did he try to hide his own failure he tried to blame the dead for drunken stupidity.

And we all know how that finally ended and how long it took.

I do quite seriously think BoJo crucified his career with his utter fucking stupidity over several issues, but this one isn't going away
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

I am coming round to the belief that it is time Plumpton resigned and made room for a less interesting man, but all this fuss over a couple of pints is going to create a reaction. I reckon that if he came clean and said yes, we had a party and I stuck my hand down Priti Patel's dress but could not do much because I was completely shit faced and God Almighty, you guys would have loved it and should have been there, then the the electorate would rise up, cry dog's bollocks Bojo and elected him king
Algerie Francais !

GBNews

MPs are set to investigate whether the prime minister knowingly misled Parliament.

Source: Did Boris Johnson mislead Parliament over parties?