Main Menu

Airport chaos

Started by T00ts, May 31, 2022, 11:24:35 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2022, 06:45:24 PM
If you're flying KLM/AF or Lufthansa for example you know they will not turn around and say, sorry your flight is cancelled call this number, that doesn't exist. They'll book you onto the next available flight and compensate you to the correct amount . And for O'dreary to cite Brexit as the issue is laughable.
Sadly the only budget airline I've ever used is no longer with us. A pity since they were the only one where what they headlined WAS what you paid - which made them a prime target for both RyanAir and easyJet to "undercut" ....

I never was the world's biggest jet setter and in fact I've only been bounced off a flight once, ever. It was a BA Shuttle to Edinburgh out of Bristol and I was asked, along with others, very nicely, to give up the seat because of overbooking.

Some said no but I who wasn't in a tearing hurry said what's in it for me ....

They gave me a refund, free absolutely 100% guaranteed unbounceable seats on the next plane that day a wad of dosh and free VIP business lounge access with unlimited booze and food while I waited.

This was long before any EU rules by the way.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 15, 2022, 08:57:22 PM
TUI appears to head the dissatisfaction list.
TrustPilot gives it 1.7 out of 5 for satisfaction.
Never used it, but it's marketing dept must spend plenty on TV advertising, from what I've noticed...

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.tui.com
Used them once to Cape Verde, flight was mega late so I claimed on the 4 hour late compensation rule. They produced doctored papers to show the flight landed 1 minute shy of the 4 hours. Luckily I'd seen a case where a passenger argued his liberty was not restored until he could turn his mobile on at the gate so I rinsed them for €600 x 8 people. Would never use them again though after their lies. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

TUI appears to head the dissatisfaction list.
TrustPilot gives it 1.7 out of 5 for satisfaction. 
Never used it, but it's marketing dept must spend plenty on TV advertising, from what I've noticed...

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.tui.com
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 15, 2022, 05:30:50 PM
Think I agree. I've heard so many tales of distress and woe about Ryanair, I've never used it. Luckily, our corporate travel dept does much of our arranging, and having the appropriate cards helps in emergencies and sudden changes of plan...
If you're flying KLM/AF or Lufthansa for example you know they will not turn around and say, sorry your flight is cancelled call this number, that doesn't exist. They'll book you onto the next available flight and compensate you to the correct amount . And for O'dreary to cite Brexit as the issue is laughable.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2022, 06:50:53 AM
O'Leary is a complete arse and I will not give him one penny of my cash. This year I have seen chaos in airports across the US, EU and Asia, how can this possible be down to Brexit? As I posted somewhere else, Schiphol closed down one runway due to lack of staff.
Think I agree. I've heard so many tales of distress and woe about Ryanair, I've never used it. Luckily, our corporate travel dept does much of our arranging, and having the appropriate cards helps in emergencies and sudden changes of plan...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on June 15, 2022, 06:50:53 AM
O'Leary is a complete arse and I will not give him one penny of my cash. This year I have seen chaos in airports across the US, EU and Asia, how can this possible be down to Brexit? As I posted somewhere else, Schiphol closed down one runway due to lack of staff.

Well, almost all the politicians told us how bad Brexit would be, so what are you saying?  Surely they were not all wrong.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 14, 2022, 09:19:11 PM
See O'leary is moaning again , all down to brexit UK airport chaos due to Brexit 'shambles': Ryanair boss - GG2

More like not paying his staff a decent wage
O'Leary is a complete arse and I will not give him one penny of my cash. This year I have seen chaos in airports across the US, EU and Asia, how can this possible be down to Brexit? As I posted somewhere else, Schiphol closed down one runway due to lack of staff.  

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on June 14, 2022, 06:55:05 PM
And now we know it's down to sacking thousands of staff and cutting pay of those left,all a bit like P&O.

I think it started long before COVID though. Ryanair say they dumped surplus staff but didn't lots go to Norwegian Air before O Leary started sacking people ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

See O'leary is moaning again , all down to brexit UK airport chaos due to Brexit 'shambles': Ryanair boss - GG2

More like not paying his staff a decent wage 

cromwell

And now we know it's down to sacking thousands of staff and cutting pay of those left,all a bit like P&O.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on June 01, 2022, 12:05:40 PM
I am seeing lots of small jets, Cessna Citation and other 9 seater types coming over our house on their way to London City and Biggin Hill airports. Rich people are not putting up with this, they are paying for convenience.

Frankly, if the chap I worked with at Welsh Water still has his PPL and the plane and I was in need of a short hop he'd be top of my speed dial....

AVTUALLY he'd be running VFR below 3500ft (or COULD) so I'd be safe from the oxygen scarcity the consultant is afraid would kill me. Hmmm

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on June 01, 2022, 12:39:15 PM
Are all airports run by local councils etc?
Cardiff is owned by the Welsh assembly, god help us

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on June 01, 2022, 12:39:15 PM

Dont know . I think my local one Gatwick is run by various big business concerns though I guess the local council has some say in whats permitted , opening hours and such like . 

Funny thing was with people getting turned away from the airport with cancelled flights ect the airport is ramping up its intentions of a second runway and thousands of extra jobs ;D

They might want to think about putting the money up 

T00ts

Barry

I am seeing lots of small jets, Cessna Citation and other 9 seater types coming over our house on their way to London City and Biggin Hill airports. Rich people are not putting up with this, they are paying for convenience.
† The end is nigh †