England players taking the knee 'causes more problems than it solves' sports

Started by Thomas, June 05, 2022, 09:01:09 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 05, 2022, 07:34:56 PM
I never agreed with the FA's support of BLM , they jumped on the bandwaggon before they realised what it was all about . That the games were then behind closed doors due to the lockdowns allowed the knee taking to become an establiished show of support the BLM political movement .

With the return of the fans and a few boos the FA with the England manager at the front of it told us the reason they took the knee was for equality and discrimination of all kinds everywhere or suchlike .

The reason had changed overnight because they knew contiued support for BLM would not be accepted

So now the booers were being called out instead of the FA , an expertly performed right turn one might say ,nobody is going to boo an anti racism message or gesture .
However those who had been paying attention from the start will remember how the knee taking started  and yes its time to let it go , it was never a good idea in the first place
cheers streetwalker. Totally agree. This seems to be the general consensus among football fans  , especially from your own country. The hypocrisy and double standards is breathtaking.

Southgate and the English FA are that bothered about equality and discrimination they are leading thier team out in Qatar , a country well known for its human rights abuses , including discrimination , slavery , banning workers from forming trade unions and much more.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/middle-east-and-north-africa/qatar/report-qatar/

Celtic have been fined for waving palestinian flags in solidarity at european games regarding how the palestinians were being treated by israel , and uefa told us to shut it , political gestures have no place in football.

opinions can and do differ as this thread shows , but i go back to the same point , when your own fans are booing at worst , or at least deeply annoyed about your political gestures in a spectator sport then i think its time to call it a day.

Many ways to tackle racism in football , without emprty virtue signalling gestures like this crap.

Like i said , its making the england team very unpopualr with their own fans and looking like tits as the only nation in uefa , possibly the world , carrying this tripe on.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

I never agreed with the FA's support of BLM , they jumped on the bandwaggon before they realised what it was all about . That the games were then behind closed doors due to the lockdowns allowed the knee taking to become an establiished show of support the BLM political movement .

With the return of the fans and a few boos the FA with the England manager at the front of it told us the reason they took the knee was for equality and discrimination of all kinds everywhere or suchlike .

The reason had changed overnight because they knew contiued support for BLM would not be accepted 

So now the booers were being called out instead of the FA , an expertly performed right turn one might say ,nobody is going to boo an anti racism message or gesture .
 However those who had been paying attention from the start will remember how the knee taking started  and yes its time to let it go , it was never a good idea in the first place 

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 05, 2022, 05:20:59 PM
No Thomas it's you made the insinuations backtracked then took a look at what I posted added two  and two =five.:)
where have i backtracked.

I repeat again , as clear as i can , i dont think football players should be taking the knee now , but if they want to persist , especially when they know it pisses many fans off , then every action has a reaction and they cant complain about boos.

If englands FA wants to continue to make a political gesture despite the rest of us stopping , that up to them. Just as its up to fans both in england and without to criticise them for it , by booing.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2022, 04:34:14 PM
Theres 55 national associations in uefa , and they all stopped taking the knee in february last year. I would say one is a minority wouldnt you.?England payers dont seem to be allowed do they?:)
wheres the comparison? Im saying if you want to take a knee , take the booing while others are crying over it. If you want to play gstq , then liverpool fans can boo if they like.

you seem to be making the insinuation you can play a song or make a gesture like taking the knee but not face the consequences. Im saying they shouldnt take a knee , but if they do , then dont moan about booing.
No Thomas it's you made the insinuations backtracked then took a look at what I posted added two  and two =five.:)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 05, 2022, 04:25:29 PM
Well if the team do it as a team they're not a minority are they?
Theres 55 national associations in uefa , and they all stopped taking the knee in february last year. I would say one is a minority wouldnt you.?
should members of that team decide to opt outthatstheirchoice too.
England payers dont seem to be allowed do they?:)

QuoteThe national anthem is played at the fa cup final,the liverpool supporters booed should the anthem cease being played because they don't like it?
wheres the comparison? Im saying if you want to take a knee , take the booing while others are crying over it. If you want to play gstq , then liverpool fans can boo if they like.

you seem to be making the insinuation you can play a song or make a gesture like taking the knee but not face the consequences. Im saying they shouldnt take a knee , but if they do , then dont moan about booing.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2022, 04:19:28 PM
When the whole of europes national teams , many if not all of their club teams and im including england and scotland in it , and only one , the english national team carry on to the annoyance of their fans , i think its time to stop. If they dont want to , then dont complain when fans make thier annoyance and anger shown.

John barnes has said taking the knee is both futile and basically an empty gesture that will sort nothing out. I think the opinion of a former black england footballer carries a wee bit of weight.

Just because a tiny minority do think it a good thing to do isnt a reason to carry on.
Well if the team do it as a team they're not a minority are they? should members of that team decide to opt outthatstheirchoice too.

The national anthem is played at the fa cup final,the liverpool supporters booed should the anthem cease being played because they don't like it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 05, 2022, 04:14:40 PM
I didn't dismiss them booing merely highlighted it,just because some people don't like it isn't a good enough reason to stop.
When the whole of europes national teams , many if not all of their club teams and im including england and scotland in it , and only one , the english national team carry on to the annoyance of their fans , i think its time to stop. If they dont want to , then dont complain when fans make thier annoyance and anger shown.

John barnes has said taking the knee is both futile and basically an empty gesture that will sort nothing out. I think the opinion of a former black england footballer carries a wee bit of weight.

Just because a tiny minority do think it a good thing to do isnt a reason to carry on.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2022, 04:08:42 PM
cromwell , you can't just dismiss the booing of hungarian schoolchildren as racism when your own fans do it/have done it. Its not popular in your own country , its seen as virtue signalling nothing more , and BLM are now laughed at as an organisation.

Its as stupid to someone like me as genuflecting to royalty.Black people dont want rich often middle class white men kneeling for them. They just want treated equally without prejudice.

im not english nor an england fan so its pointless asking me , im merely a messenger posting a link to a story in the english media. I can only say as an opinion that the hakka is a native ceremonial dance in new zealand culture adopted by thier national teams at sport , so the equivalent for your lot would be morris dancing , not some made up modern political stunt from the USA linked to the organisation BLM.

If England want to carry on , crack on , just as they should take the flak that comes with it.

Pissing off spectators in a spectator sport , especially your own fans , never seems a good idea to me. What do i know though. Common sense and reality seem to go out he window with virtue signalling.
I didn't dismiss them booing merely highlighted it,just because some people don't like it isn't a good enough reason to stop.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 05, 2022, 03:58:12 PM
Not trying to erase anything,if people boo because they don't like it that shows little acceptance of others and you think kids can display racism? probably apeing their elders.

New Zealand has the Hakka why shouldn't the England team adopt whatever they like?
cromwell , you cant just dismiss the booing of hungarian schoolchildren as racism when your own fans do it/have done it. Its not popular in your own country , its seen as virtue signalling nothing more , and BLM are now laughed at as an organisation.

Its as stupid to someone like me as genuflecting to royalty.Black people dont want rich often middle class white men kneeling for them. They just want treated equally without prejudice.

im not english nor an england fan so its pointless asking me , im merely a messenger posting a link to a story in the english media. I can only say as an opinion that the hakka is a native ceremonial dance in new zealand culture adopted by thier national teams at sport , so the equivalent for your lot would be morris dancing , not some made up modern political stunt from the USA linked to the organisation BLM.

If England want to carry on , crack on , just as they should take the flak that comes with it.

Pissing off spectators in a spectator sport , especially your own fans , never seems a good idea to me. What do i know though. Common sense and reality seem to go out he window with virtue signalling.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 05, 2022, 03:47:57 PM
Dont think its as simple as that cromwell. Its the politics behind it people dont like. Many countires , including scotland france germany etc etc have black players and dont feel the need to virtue signal like this every game.

It makes england look daft , and southgate in particular comes across as an english FA yes man nothing more.

You can't erase the racism of the past by promoting black players as something special to soothe peoples conscience. You treat players equally one and the same , and thats how you move on from the past.

Two wrongs dont make a right im always told , sometimes on here as well as elsewhere. They made their point , and according to the article are the only european nation carrying on with the knee bending.

Why bother?

As for being racists pure and simple , it was largely a crowd of schoolchildren who booed Fack sake cromwell .

They can ban the russians from european football , so why not racists isntead of all this virtue singalling shite that crowds in a spectator sport dont like.?
Not trying to erase anything,if people boo because they don't like it that shows little acceptance of others and you think kids can display racism? probably apeing their elders.

New Zealand has the Hakka why shouldn't the England team adopt whatever they like?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 05, 2022, 03:39:28 PM
Well times have moved on and we have more black players than ever.

I remember watching city back in the 70's  they were screaming "get that ******" at an opposition player.

I felt ashamed of being a a fellow blue but it wasn't confined to us but across the footie world.

Do that now and you'd get short shrift from the crowd,or the majority anyway and a good thing too,they are playing behind closed doors because they are racists simple as.
Dont think its as simple as that cromwell. Its the politics behind it people dont like. Many countires , including scotland france germany etc etc have black players and dont feel the need to virtue signal like this every game.

It makes england look daft , and southgate in particular comes across as an english FA yes man nothing more.

You cant erase the racism of the past by promoting black players as something special to soothe peoples conscience. You treat players equally one and the same , and thats how you move on from the past.

Two wrongs dont make a right im always told , sometimes on here as well as elsewhere. They made their point , and according to the article are the only european nation carrying on with the knee bending.

Why bother?

As for being racists pure and simple , it was largely a crowd of schoolchildren who booed Fack sake cromwell .

They can ban the russians from european football , so why not racists isntead of all this virtue singalling shite that crowds in a spectator sport dont like.?

cromwell

Well times have moved on and we have more black players than ever.

I remember watching city back in the 70's  they were screaming "get that ******" at an opposition player.

I felt ashamed of being a a fellow blue but it wasn't confined to us but across the footie world.

Do that now and you'd get short shrift from the crowd,or the majority anyway and a good thing too,they are playing behind closed doors because they are racists simple as.

Thomas

England players taking the knee 'causes more problems than it solves' sports broadcaster claims

Aidan Magee described the 'weird' atmosphere at the Hungary England Nations League game last night

A sports broadcaster has questioned whether the England team should still be taking the knee after child fans of Hungary became the latest supporters to boo the gesture.
England manager Gareth Southgate blamed "inherited thinking" as a crowd of over 30,000 supporters – mainly children – jeered his players taking the knee ahead of their Nations League defeat in Hungary.
The Three Lions were once again booed as they performed their pre-match anti-racism and discrimination gesture, despite the hosts being forced to play behind closed doors.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/england-players-taking-the-knee-causes-more-problems-than-it-solves-sports-broadcaster-claims/310867