Social media: Did the pandemic poison online politics?

Started by GBNews, June 05, 2022, 07:00:09 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

I think it invigorated online politics   ut the censorship was scary on most platforms.  I'm happy that this forum tolerated all views.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 06, 2022, 02:55:20 PM
Mod Notice
OK Thomas let a lot go but you are discussing on open forum a mod decision which is against the rules.
You continue in the present vein and there will be consequences,if you're not happy with the modding here feel free to move on.
replied via pm.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on June 06, 2022, 02:00:19 PM
I don't give a hoot what you think Thomas I will debate as I see fit not to fit in with anyone who expects me to get stuck in as you put it. I try to be polite and maintain a balanced view. I also aim to follow the rules as clearly stated for those prepared to read them.
I don't always succeed it's fair to say and this post feels uncomfortable. But as you addressed me specifically I won't be told which posts I can thank or not. I won't be told which posters to support by you or anyone and if you have such demands I suggest you start your own Forum.
im not telling you to thank or not to thank posts. im asking you to join in debate.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2022, 12:38:31 PM
,,because you are mentioning the op as yet another lame cromwell distraction.

I categorically pointed out i was specifically replying to your post  , the second in this thread , where you mocked "most" on this forum for distrusting the bbc and labelling what they say as lies.

The views , rightly or wrongly of the members of this forum arent in the op. You brought it up , i replied .

We are still allowed to debate off topic points in threads during the ebb and flow of debate arent we? Or is that now off limits like taking the piss of nonces in royalty?parp!

Another untrue insinuation by cromwell that i never made.

Its not laughable or delusional you hold a minority view....its laughable and delusional you think the forum members who dismiss the bbc as untrustworthy hold a minority view when im clearly pointing out you are in the minority on and off this forum.
you made a cowardly and vague dig at many on this forum like myself , barry , john of gwent ,streetwalker , sheepy , deppity dawg and many more who hold negative views of the bbc while you dont.

At least have the courage of your convictions instead of hiding behind vague digs and smokescreens  , get to the point and name those you dont agree with over the bbc instead of trying to insinuate its a minority of conspiracy theorists on some obscure internet forum who can't stand the bbc and thier blatant lies and propaganda.
i stand by those who i have mocked .Is this now banned as well?

Good old doees his fair share of mocking tories for all the ills of the world .

Sensitive steve ran around calling everyone racists and mocked those who made claims about the anti semites in momentum.

Borkie has rarely made a serious non mocking post on this forum all the years he has been on it , specifically being at a loss since his pet rat smurf was banned.So waht are you talking about?

At least many who you mention arent running around censoring threads because they can't handle the heat of the kitchen.

If you want to make digs and mock people , by all means do so , and those of us like myself in this thread will respond in kind and vice versa.

Dont sit and flounce off in a huff everytime you do and people respond , as we have seen many times over the years in the past. You can't hack it cromwell , and take it all too serious.
Mod Notice 
OK Thomas let a lot go but you are discussing on open forum a mod decision which is against the rules.
You continue in the present vein and there will be consequences,if you're not happy with the modding here feel free to move on.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2022, 12:43:36 PM
FAO toots.

May i say toots , with consderation of the forum , you join in debates instead of hiding behind cromwell s posts and liking them to show displeasure  of other posters in threads like this.

Surely its more conducive to debate on a forum with little enough members to join in and say why you are displeased?

when i heard we were getting another female moderator , i was happy and hoped we would get another "boudicaa" like former mod opinionated , rather than the toom tabard of BYT.

Opinionated  earned the respect of this mostly male dominated forum by getting stuck into debate and giving as good as she got , rather than hiding behind her femininity and claiming to be scared of the big bad men talking cac about politics.
I don't give a hoot what you think Thomas I will debate as I see fit not to fit in with anyone who expects me to get stuck in as you put it. I try to be polite and maintain a balanced view. I also aim to follow the rules as clearly stated for those prepared to read them.
I don't always succeed it's fair to say and this post feels uncomfortable. But as you addressed me specifically I won't be told which posts I can thank or not. I won't be told which posters to support by you or anyone and if you have such demands I suggest you start your own Forum.

Thomas

:D

LMFAO.

BBC cant even get the flag correct of one of the constituent nations of the uk..........

BBC apologises for 'appalling and wholly disrespectful blunder' after Irish tricolour flies at Platinum Jubilee concert

The UK's national broadcaster has issued an apology after the Irish flag was displayed to represent Ulster

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/bbc-apologises-appalling-wholly-disrespectful-27154849

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 06, 2022, 09:29:04 AM
Forget the op,why that's the point of the thread?
,,because you are mentioning the op as yet another lame cromwell distraction.

I categorically pointed out i was specifically replying to your post  , the second in this thread , where you mocked "most" on this forum for distrusting the bbc and labelling what they say as lies.

The views , rightly or wrongly of the members of this forum arent in the op. You brought it up , i replied .

We are still allowed to debate off topic points in threads during the ebb and flow of debate arent we? Or is that now off limits like taking the piss of nonces in royalty?
Holding a minoriy view is laughable and delusional,
parp!

Another untrue insinuation by cromwell that i never made.

Its not laughable or delusional you hold a minority view....its laughable and delusional you think the forum members who dismiss the bbc as untrustworthy hold a minority view when im clearly pointing out you are in the minority on and off this forum.

QuoteI find it more than a little rich you reference to mocking people,I named no one person but made a general comment,you always find some excuse to laugh or mock anyone you disagree with but on personal terms.
you made a cowardly and vague dig at many on this forum like myself , barry , john of gwent ,streetwalker , sheepy , deppity dawg and many more who hold negative views of the bbc while you dont.

At least have the courage of your convictions instead of hiding behind vague digs and smokescreens  , get to the point and name those you dont agree with over the bbc instead of trying to insinuate its a minority of conspiracy theorists on some obscure internet forum who cant stand the bbc and thier blatant lies and propaganda.

QuoteIn the last couple of days who have you mocked?
i stand by those who i have mocked .Is this now banned as well?

Good old doees his fair share of mocking tories for all the ills of the world .

Sensitive steve ran around calling everyone racists and mocked those who made claims about the anti semites in momentum.

Borkie has rarely made a serious non mocking post on this forum all the years he has been on it , specifically being at a loss since his pet rat smurf was banned.So waht are you talking about?

At least many who you mention arent running around censoring threads because they cant handle the heat of the kitchen.

If you want to make digs and mock people , by all means do so , and those of us like myself in this thread will respond in kind and vice versa.

Dont sit and flounce off in a huff everytime you do and people respond , as we have seen many times over the years in the past. You cant hack it cromwell , and take it all too serious.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on June 06, 2022, 07:20:49 AM
Ha ha so true,still it being the bbc most on here will label it all lies :D  :D :P

I'm not going to bother reading what the BBC say.

The government forced huge swathes of the working population to sit on its arse and do f**k all.

I was among the first to be so directed, our HR department such as it was took one look at the age and health profiles and ordered me to work from home on full pay on the grounds they had assessed me and decided it was too great a risk for me to continue working in the office environment where "a wierd flu" had struck us down some months earlier.

Several others of equal and higher risk whose jobs required their presence in the factory production environment were sent home WITHOUT pay.

Inside a fortnight I had a call from the IT director telling me to turn off my laptop at 3:30pm on Friday and NOT turn it on again until a LETTER signed by him gave me WRITTEN permission to do so

And so began six months of not knowing if I would have a job to go back to.

Which ended when I got fed up of waiting for the redundancy notice and took a job offered by someone else for over 30% more money than my full pay was, so almost 60% more than I was then getting. And no more travelling to and from work. EVER

Its bad enough when you're f**king MADE redundant or your employer goes bust. I've had that several times as I'm sure many on here have had.

But to be sitting under house arrest in conditions worse than those imposed on England thanks to a cottage burner loving control freak, in a situation where we're I a murderer some shitbag like Starmer would don his f**king wig and
gown and rant that my treatment was inhumane ....

Of COURSE it was going to "poison" politics.

Is this the best the Beeb can do on a day when MP's are saying "Ever since he defended Cummings over Barns d Castle I knew this was coming ...."

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2022, 09:07:54 AM
i made my point clear as i can. Im replying to your second post , forget the op , in which you appear to mock posters on this forum who label the bbc as liars.

Im pointing out lack of trust across the uk for the bbc , falling viewing figures , editors interfering in reports  , lack of impartiality and general disturst , dislike of the bbc shows its not a minority of obscure posts on some small forum , or nasty scot indy fans , who are in the minority with their views on the holier than thou bbc. Its you , and those like you.

Thats my point in among all your usual diversions and smoke screens.

You laughing at others when its you who holds the minority view is not only laughable but incredibly delusional.

We will keep hitting the bbc where it hurts , in terms of viewing figures , finance and exposing it for the propaganda outift its always been . You keep burying your head in the sand pretending all is well , and we will see where it ends up. :)
Forget the op,why that's the point of the thread?

Holding a minoriy view is laughable and delusional,yeah there were people who long ago held a view on brexit were like that but then became the majority.
You are a minority you lost the Indy vote does that make you delusional.

I find it more than a little rich you reference to mocking people,I named no one person but made a general comment,you always find some excuse to laugh or mock anyone you disagree with but on personal terms.

In the last couple of days who have you mocked?
Good Old several times
Sensitive Steve (who is no longer posting)
Significant Nick (the forum owner)
Two other posters clearly identifiable by their religious beliefs and political leaning but totally unconnected to the post made.
Borky though I doubt he's overly bothered by your snivelling comments

So that names but a few over a longer-period there are more.

So there we have it and you have the cheek to pull others.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 06, 2022, 08:59:50 AM
Have they?it looks like Netflix lost a lot of of customers.

Mocking? No making a point proved because you didn't read the link which imo is pretty accurate,and btw I don't defend everything the bbc does but some of their stuff is excellent like last nights prog on Marie Curie.

Anyway should you ever get Indy you'll find you have a state broadcaster you'll be paying for one way or another.
i made my point clear as i can. Im replying to your second post , forget the op , in which you appear to mock posters on this forum who label the bbc as liars.

Im pointing out lack of trust across the uk for the bbc , falling viewing figures , editors interfering in reports  , lack of impartiality and general disturst . Dislike of the bbc shows its not a minority of obscure posters on some small forum , or nasty scot indy fans , who are in the minority with their views on the holier than thou bbc. Its you , and those like you.

Thats my point in among all your usual diversions and smoke screens.

You laughing at others when its you who holds the minority view is not only laughable but incredibly delusional.

We will keep hitting the bbc where it hurts , in terms of viewing figures , finance and exposing it for the propaganda outift its always been . You keep burying your head in the sand pretending all is well , and we will see where it ends up. :)

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2022, 08:25:42 AM
another bbc article on "everyithing that is not the bbc is bad , trust us , we are good and only tell the truth".

Fackin laughable.

Falling audience figures for BBC means licence fee is "difficult to justify"

BBC 'complacent' about viewer numbers as 200,000 cancel licence fee per year

Younger viewers have switched to streaming services such as Netflix

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/bbc-complacent-viewer-numbers-200000-20644217
Have they?it looks like Netflix lost a lot of of customers.

Mocking? No making a point proved because you didn't read the link which imo is pretty accurate,and btw I don't defend everything the bbc does but some of their stuff is excellent like last nights prog on Marie Curie.

Anyway should you ever get Indy you'll find you have a state broadcaster you'll be paying for one way or another.

Thomas

another bbc article on "everyithing that is not the bbc is bad , trust us , we are good and only tell the truth".

Fackin laughable.

Falling audience figures for BBC means licence fee is "difficult to justify"

BBC 'complacent' about viewer numbers as 200,000 cancel licence fee per year

Younger viewers have switched to streaming services such as Netflix

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/bbc-complacent-viewer-numbers-200000-20644217

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 06, 2022, 08:05:02 AM
Did you even read the link in the original post?

What has any of the above got to do with that,still you managed a reply without mentioning posters views that don't post anymore.
Diversion. I was replying to your post , second in the thread when you said this...

QuoteHa ha so true,still it being the bbc most on here will label it all lies
Mocking people who say on this forum that they disbeleive the bbc.

Im puting it into context , that its you who is the minority on this and off this forum.

The bbc are being mocked , attacked and ridiculed not just by a few conspiracy theorists in some obscure political forum , but by the vast majority across the uk  , from politicians to plebs.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2022, 07:57:31 AM
BBC licence fee's days could be numbered as two thirds of Britons want it scrapped

Overwhelming majority of public back Nadine Dorries' proposal to abolish levy, with many claiming it offers 'poor value for money'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/23/bbc-licence-fees-days-could-numbered-two-thirds-britons-want/

BBC 'altered gender in trans rape claim'

The BBC changed the testimony of a rape victim after a debate over the pronouns of her transgender attacker, The Times has learnt.

The woman referred to her alleged rapist as "him" but insiders said that her words were changed to avoid "misgendering" the abuser in an article on the corporation's website.
The BBC article replaced every reference to "he" or "him" with "they" or "them". A source said the quote was the subject of heated debate prior to publication. Some journalists argued that the quote should remain intact, while others said it should reflect the trans woman's preferred she/her pronouns.

It comes amid growing concern among BBC staff that an internal diversity team is influencing what journalists can report, preventing them from covering gender identity issues accurately and impartially.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/21652568-e04f-11ec-baab-53d14c642149?shareToken=993fe0775b3e88b05e923565a34e502b

Just a few links on public attitude to the bbc , and its reputation for being anything other than a so called impartial broadcaster as its charter demands.

I rest my case.
Did you even read the link in the original post?

What has any of the above got to do with that,still you managed a reply without mentioning posters views that don't post anymore.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on June 06, 2022, 07:48:39 AM
I rest my case.
BBC licence fee's days could be numbered as two thirds of Britons want it scrapped

Overwhelming majority of public back Nadine Dorries' proposal to abolish levy, with many claiming it offers 'poor value for money'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/23/bbc-licence-fees-days-could-numbered-two-thirds-britons-want/

BBC 'altered gender in trans rape claim'

The BBC changed the testimony of a rape victim after a debate over the pronouns of her transgender attacker, The Times has learnt.

The woman referred to her alleged rapist as "him" but insiders said that her words were changed to avoid "misgendering" the abuser in an article on the corporation's website.
The BBC article replaced every reference to "he" or "him" with "they" or "them". A source said the quote was the subject of heated debate prior to publication. Some journalists argued that the quote should remain intact, while others said it should reflect the trans woman's preferred she/her pronouns.

It comes amid growing concern among BBC staff that an internal diversity team is influencing what journalists can report, preventing them from covering gender identity issues accurately and impartially.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/21652568-e04f-11ec-baab-53d14c642149?shareToken=993fe0775b3e88b05e923565a34e502b

Just a few links on public attitude to the bbc , and its reputation for being anything other than a so called impartial broadcaster as its charter demands.

I rest my case.