The Bells the Bells

Started by Streetwalker, January 16, 2020, 01:40:15 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13390 time=1579210711 user_id=74
 It's quite remarkable a Tory is doing anything for Cornwall.

Frankly my MP is as much use a chocolate fireguard.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=13327 time=1579186656 user_id=70
Obviously not a Wetherspoon's, I don't expect its customers to be given a choice. But the pub chain has already cut prices to illustrate Brexit savings...

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/tim-martin-wetherspoons-customs-union-beer-price-1-6256534">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6256534">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/tim-martin-wetherspoons-customs-union-beer-price-1-6256534

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Did you read the article, current EU tariffs on beer =0

Weatherspoons cuts the price of local beer by 20p and his share price drops 1.8%

WHy would you link this total fu#k up as an example of whats great about brexit. You really gave me a great laugh there.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13389 time=1579209779 user_id=89
I am not allowed to fly for medical reasons. (In any case flights from Newquay don't go anywhere I wish to go.)

As for it being good news it is debatable who for. Updating the main road and railway into Cornwall would be more use.

I think there are some long-term plans to try and build a proper road all the way from Cornwall to London. It's happening in sections in a rather ad-hoc manner, e.g. in our area a new road is imminent, and that will carry the traffic past our area. Then these individual sections will all hopefully eventually be like the M1, where it serves as a fast road all the way. However such a road would be too costly to build in one go, so the plan is to part fund it via selling land to developers on the road, and they build the most economic cases first, i.e. most improvement for least effort.

So you might well get a better airport and a road, but don't expect it that quickly. This country is inept at building anything. They want half a million quid to fix the bell on Big Ben. It's quite remarkable a Tory is doing anything for Cornwall.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13388 time=1579208734 user_id=74

So there you go, some good news for Cornwall if you ever want to get out of the place.

I am not allowed to fly for medical reasons. (In any case flights from Newquay don't go anywhere I wish to go.)

As for it being good news it is debatable who for. Updating the main road and railway into Cornwall would be more use.

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13385 time=1579203823 user_id=89
There were none here either, and next to none for any other political party,

I heard a Tory MP from Cornwall on the radio the other night. He's trying to get your airport running properly by giving it as government subsidy to offset the 26 pounds per flight you pay from Cornwall to London to shut the environmentalists up. The BBC retorted, what about climate change though, and he told her to stick it. Says people of Cornwall come first.

So there you go, some good news for Cornwall if you ever want to get out of the place.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Baron von Lotsov" post_id=13384 time=1579203327 user_id=74
 I did not see one vote Tory poster anywhere,

There were none here either, and next to none for any other political party,

Baron von Lotsov

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=13313 time=1579182015 user_id=53
So I put a post up on a local forum asking if our Parish church was going to participate in the Saturday morning after the night before national bellringing  to see in the new world of Brexit Britain .

It didn't go down too well , anyone would have thought the Lib Dems had won the election ,world war 3 was about to be declared and Satan himself was the potential rope puller . So its a no then I asked , how about putting up a few flags and meeting down the pub to toast Farage and the gang ,no oh well ,maybe I'll just go for a curry ,at least Mowgli voted leave .

So what you doing on the 31st , Hanging yourself , Slitting your wrists (up and down works better than across) maybe Party till dawn , flag waving marches or dare I ask Bell ringing ?  :-P

You probably live in an area similar to my own. It was telling at election time. I was walking down the street and like every few houses had a vote Lib Dem poster in their garden on a pole or whatever. It was like nightmare on Blighty street, thinking the worst that the stupid cow was in for a landslide. I did not see one vote Tory poster anywhere, and when they turned up for a pre-election public get-together they were chased out of the town by Lib Dem and Labour voters. Things did not look promising, but come the election they were wiped out.

Lib Dems make a lot of noise. I've tried our local forum. They rule it, just as you find there.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=13366 time=1579197961 user_id=53

So were all going to try and have a good time .....right ?    Apart from papa whos ,I don't know what papas  is doing , even posty has been tempted with 20p off a pint  at the Angel .

Only 17.4 million of the electorate of 48 million(ish) voted out so it won't all by a long way.

Borchester

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=13343 time=1579192523 user_id=70
So much for "Let's bring our country together". Jubilation parties by Leavers who won will not win the support of Remainers who know they are right...

Yes, but with honourable exceptions such as Deppity Dawg and Tommy, Remainers are just contemptible weasels who aren't worth worrying on so I won't.

I like the idea of getting the churches to ring their bells. I might send a letter to that effect to the local church. I doubt that the vicar will agree but the sound of him excreting hot slabs of concrete will be nearly as much fun.  :D
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13319 time=1579184169 user_id=89
There has been a blanket no to church bell ringing. There is plenty of news about it.

Indeed I realised that after I had asked .After a bit of toing and froing it came down to '' have you got the bells to do it anyway'' but as I said there were no takers  :(

Good on yer Borkie for raising the flag at the allotment  :hattip  Take care in London .remoaner rally being planned

Toots , stick a shot of gin in it , you know it makes sense  :thup: and Barry don't forget to let go you could end up getting a free preview

Im with you all the way  Cromwell , though in my case it could get messy depending on what time the pubs shut  and Major enjoy your house party (no biting or scratching )

So were all going to try and have a good time .....right ?    Apart from papa whos ,I don't know what papas  is doing , even posty has been tempted with 20p off a pint  at the Angel .

15 days to go :dncg:

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13361 time=1579195686 user_id=89
He believes in Unicorn.

Of course he believes in Unicorn,been brewed by a good old Stockport brewery.

https://www.robinsonsbrewery.com/store/unicorn/c-24/p-827">//https://www.robinsonsbrewery.com/store/unicorn/c-24/p-827  :-P  :Patriot:  :Patriot:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=13337 time=1579191449 user_id=70
He reckons 20p a pint and has lopped prices accordingly...

He believes in Unicorn.

cromwell

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=13343 time=1579192523 user_id=70
So much for "Let's bring our country together". Jubilation parties by Leavers who won will not win the support of Remainers who know they are right...

Not right wingers surely? Ah yes got it Right Whingers  :-P  :Patriot:  :Patriot:  :Patriot:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: cromwell post_id=13326 time=1579186158 user_id=48
I will raise a glass to Nigel :thup:

#metoo  :lol:

I shall watch the fireworks which will inevitably be extremely noisy, as they always are here in the Black Country. They LOVE their fireworks and take any and every opportunity to let some off. Diwali - fireworks. 5th November - fireworks then all through to Christmas - fireworks. 31st Dec-1st Jan - fireworks. Anyone's birthday - fireworks.

Brexit - [size=200]FIREWORKS![/size]  :dncg:
† The end is nigh †