The Bells the Bells

Started by Streetwalker, January 16, 2020, 01:40:15 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13328 time=1579187266 user_id=89
I suggest you ask the idiot CEO of Wetherspoons what Brexit savings?

He reckons 20p a pint and has lopped prices accordingly...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Major Sinic

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=13313 time=1579182015 user_id=53
So I put a post up on a local forum asking if our Parish church was going to participate in the Saturday morning after the night before national bellringing  to see in the new world of Brexit Britain .

It didn't go down too well , anyone would have thought the Lib Dems had won the election ,world war 3 was about to be declared and Satan himself was the potential rope puller . So its a no then I asked , how about putting up a few flags and meeting down the pub to toast Farage and the gang ,no oh well ,maybe I'll just go for a curry ,at least Mowgli voted leave .

So what you doing on the 31st , Hanging yourself , Slitting your wrists (up and down works better than across) maybe Party till dawn , flag waving marches or dare I ask Bell ringing ?  :-P

Well it seems all my hopes for our nation are coming to fruition (no offence Thomas but until Scotland and perhaps NI actually go, it is easier to refer to the UK as one nation). A Conservative government with an unassailable majority, although in truth the UK opposition parties Labour and the LibDems rendered themselves unelectable, the imminent departure of the UK from the EU having avoided a No Deal Brexit thanks to Boris, the very real possibility of a workable EU trade deal to join numerous others around the world. Yes definitely a time for celebration!

My social circle was fairly evenly split between Leave and Remain and with one or two exceptions has been able to maintain friendships despite strong differences in views. One close friend, a Remainer, is holding a Reconciliation Party, in an effort to start to put a particularly unpleasant period for the UK behind us and in acceptance that the majority have spoken and have won the day and there is no purpose to be served in continuing a lost battle, (despite whatever the Paddies on this forum may think). Guests will include Remainers, Leavers, A small French contingent and a charming Spanish couple. Champagne will be on offer but drinking it is not mandatory! That Streetwalker is where I will be, and in a spirit of reconciliation!

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=13327 time=1579186656 user_id=70
Obviously not a Wetherspoon's, I don't expect its customers to be given a choice. But the pub chain has already cut prices to illustrate Brexit savings...

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/tim-martin-wetherspoons-customs-union-beer-price-1-6256534">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6256534">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/tim-martin-wetherspoons-customs-union-beer-price-1-6256534

I suggest you ask the idiot CEO of Wetherspoons what Brexit savings?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=13320 time=1579184261 user_id=89
Some one asked at a local licensed premises and got a universal chorus of eff off.

Obviously not a Wetherspoon's, I don't expect its customers to be given a choice. But the pub chain has already cut prices to illustrate Brexit savings...

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/tim-martin-wetherspoons-customs-union-beer-price-1-6256534">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6256534">https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/tim-martin-wetherspoons-customs-union-beer-price-1-6256534
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

I will raise a glass to Nigel :thup:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

So its a no then I asked , how about putting up a few flags and meeting down the pub to toast Farage and the gang ,no oh well ,

Some one asked at a local licensed premises and got a universal chorus of eff off.

papasmurf

So I put a post up on a local forum asking if our Parish church was going to participate in the Saturday morning after the night before national bellringing  to see in the new world of Brexit Britain .

There has been a blanket no to church bell ringing. There is plenty of news about it.

T00ts

I'm disappointed that the EU lovers are winning this small battle although we have at last won the first round of the war. My grandfather clock will strike away merrily - I might even open the windows so the neighbours can hear - it sounds nearly as loud as Big Ben.

I may well raise a glass of Elderflower cordial in celebration mainly for the success of real democracy, but sadly it has lost some of the joy after 3+ years of turmoil.   :hattip

Borchester

It didn't go down too well , anyone would have thought the Lib Dems had won the election ,world war 3 was about to be declared and Satan himself was the potential rope puller . So its a no then I asked , how about putting up a few flags and meeting down the pub to toast Farage and the gang ,no oh well ,maybe I'll just go for a curry ,at least Mowgli voted leave .

So what you doing on the 31st , Hanging yourself , Slitting your wrists (up and down works better than across) maybe Party till dawn , flag waving marches or dare I ask Bell ringing ?  :-P

I have hoisted a Union Jack on my allotment and a member of the committee has been round and wondered if the flag pole is too high. I replied that I had seen men buried under that flag and that I would hate to be the poor son of a bitch who tried to lower it. Bit unfair really because the committee wallah is a decent sort, albeit rather timid which is how we managed to bully him into the job in the first place.

There is going to be a party in Trafalgar Square on the 31st to celebrate Brexit Day. Maybe I will go.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker