Main Menu

New members

Started by Barry, June 07, 2022, 03:44:21 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 08, 2022, 01:34:58 PM
I did a Google search using "politics forum uk" as the search terms and this forum is not on the first ten pages.
The reason for that can only be poor SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
The home page does not have the words UK politics forum in the header, but it does have a very nice image banner, but that is not text.
Until we are on the first or second page of a Google search we can't attract new members.
Not saying it's perfect but had a squint and it's on page four.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

I did a Google search using "politics forum uk" as the search terms and this forum is not on the first ten pages.
The reason for that can only be poor SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
The home page does not have the words UK politics forum in the header, but it does have a very nice image banner, but that is not text.
Until we are on the first or second page of a Google search we can't attract new members.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Ive had a look at other forums and they are pretty much the same with half a dozen or so regular posters and maybe another dozen not so regular and they are full of adverts .

All pretty much the sameness , at least there is a bit of occasional  humour in this place 

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on June 07, 2022, 07:58:16 PM
Exactly Ollie.

You are over worked and under loved.

Why not resign and see if the board collapses under the weight of the brute beasts of posters that you have been at such pains to control?

The way I read it, Barry was after more posters. You and Toots replied that everyone is being horrid to you, which is probably true, but won't win the circulation war
No the way you read it was you'd have a pop at the mods and didn't like the replies,you still don't get it.......what control?

I and no doubt T00ts could care less whether you like us or not.

Resign? Nah Borky it's you that wanted the change so like I said crack on and have your vote.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on June 07, 2022, 07:58:16 PM
Exactly Ollie.

Why not resign and see if the board collapses under the weight of the brute beasts of posters that you have been at such pains to control?

The way I read it, Barry was after more posters. You and Toots replied that everyone is being horrid to you, which is probably true, but won't win the circulation war
I don't think so! You intimated that we were poor or over numbered mods. Fine - take over. 

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on June 07, 2022, 06:55:02 PM
Actually and it's well on trend you could change your name by deed poll Borky to Graham Brady and hold a vote of no confidence in the mods,you're welcome because the pay is non existent and you can't say what you want that often.

Best job ever,crack on then Borky doubt either T00ts or I will be devestated if you win.

Exactly Ollie.

Algerie Francais !

Barry

I wasn't thinking of a change of mods.

I was thinking of some changes to the website pages, perhaps have a home page, a blog page, I don't know, I'm not an expert.
The meta lines in the source page show:
<meta name="description" content="Pol-Tics.com, the home of political debate" />

<meta name="keywords" content="Political, Politics, Political, Brexit, UK, Debate, News" />

Are people looking for pol-tics or politics? Are they looking for political discussion?
Surfers are not finding us, or if they are soon skip by. For instance at present there are 4 users and 0 guests online. Not even a Russian bot.

Tell our friends or an imaginary friend. ;)
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on June 07, 2022, 06:45:32 PM
Why not put your money where your mouth is and take my place? You're welcome to it.
Actually and it's well on trend you could change your name by deed poll Borky to Graham Brady and hold a vote of no confidence in the mods,you're welcome because the pay is non existent and you can't say what you want that often.

Best job ever,crack on then Borky doubt either T00ts or I will be devestated if you win.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on June 07, 2022, 06:03:07 PM
Some folk think that if the moderators stopped banning posters they did not like and having a fit of the vapours when someone says poo, willy fart or closing threads when they get controversial or not having so many moderators in the first place might make encourage more posters, but I am sure the Admin knows best

:)
Why not put your money where your mouth is and take my place? You're welcome to it.

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on June 07, 2022, 06:03:07 PM
Some folk think that if the moderators stopped banning posters they did not like and having a fit of the vapours when someone says poo, willy fart or closing threads when they get controversial or not having so many moderators in the first place might make encourage more posters, but I am sure the Admin knows best

Ok so how many individual posters have been banned in the last year?

Ill save you the trouble of looking,that'll be one.....smurfy and apart from you who delighted in baiting him  no one wants him back.

Nothing to do with liking him or not it was the threats of legal action,but not against mods but people like you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on June 07, 2022, 03:44:21 PM
Would be nice to have some. What can be done to encourage them?

Algerie Francais !

Barry

Would be nice to have some. What can be done to encourage them?

† The end is nigh †