Ban this film?

Started by cromwell, June 07, 2022, 08:30:14 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: B0ycey on June 11, 2022, 08:02:54 PM
I told you. Tommy Robinson pickets Mosques when he isn't outside court rooms. It isn't my fault you refuse to believe that. He goes around mosques with a video camera asking about child abuse. And I haven't even mentioned the marches by Britain First that are directly organised in Muslim High population towns by mosques. You think the extremist are only Muslim or something?

But to answer the question, I am a free speech absolutist. So yes, unless a restraining order is made, then people can (and do) protest outside mosques as long as the protest is lawful.

As you well know, Mr Yaxley-Lennon believes reporting restrictions designed to protect the integrity of jury trials not yet held do not apply to him and was arrested for actions in contravention of that law.

Sadly, these days, politicians are not the only liars buggers and thieves to whom the law is not applied, and that is a pity, for it suggests the way to achieve progress in the name of a cause is illegality.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on June 11, 2022, 08:02:54 PM
I told you. Tommy Robinson pickets Mosques when he isn't outside court rooms. It isn't my fault you refuse to believe that. He goes around mosques with a video camera asking about child abuse. And I haven't even mentioned the marches by Britain First that are directly organised in Muslim High population towns by mosques. You think the extremist are only Muslim or something?

But to answer the question, I am a free speech absolutist. So yes, unless a restraining order is made, then people can (and do) protest outside mosques as long as the protest is lawful.
No I don't think it's only Muslim hence the reference to allow freedom of worship and the comment about some tossers offing a random Muslim.
Not all Muslims are extremists or right wingers brain dead racist apes.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: cromwell on June 11, 2022, 11:13:38 AM
it went to another movie chain they pulled it as well.
No he doesn't,he buggered off abroad,claimed bankruptcy but afforded a holiday to Mexico where he was arrested and deported.

I asked you a question which you failed to answer,do you believe it acceptable that people could picket a place of religious worship causing the freedom to worship being curtailed?

I told you. Tommy Robinson pickets Mosques when he isn't outside court rooms. It isn't my fault you refuse to believe that. He goes around mosques with a video camera asking about child abuse. And I haven't even mentioned the marches by Britain First that are directly organised in Muslim High population towns by mosques. You think the extremist are only Muslim or something? 

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 11, 2022, 07:27:50 PM
It's your thread, if you choose to reduce it to puerile comments, that's your business.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on June 11, 2022, 06:55:56 PM
Oh dear,I shall do my best not to interact with you again o wise one.
It's your thread, if you choose to reduce it to puerile comments, that's your business.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 11, 2022, 06:50:28 PM
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
Oh dear,I shall do my best not to interact with you again o wise one.

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on June 11, 2022, 06:47:41 PM
Yes it was a joke about sitting on the fence,how dastardly of me..
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 11, 2022, 06:27:55 PM
How silly.
Yes it was a joke about sitting on the fence,how dastardly of me..

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on June 11, 2022, 05:01:37 PM
Looks like we'll have to wait for Netflix to show it.
I do get both sides of the argument, However my point stands that we should have more Police to maintain rights and law and order. Threats from Islamists should be dealt with by arrests.
You'll get splinters :)

Barry

Looks like we'll have to wait for Netflix to show it.
I do get both sides of the argument, However my point stands that we should have more Police to maintain rights and law and order. Threats from Islamists should be dealt with by arrests.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on June 11, 2022, 11:13:38 AM

I find the film still listed on the Vue Cinema Chain website but unfortunately once you commit to a favourite cinema venue the app stupidly refuses to show any other venue in the list 

For the company to do this seems nonsensical. There are three Vue Cinemas driveable to from this house. If I want to see a film I would have thought showing me all my options more likely to get me to book one.

But as The Vue don't do this, I have no idea when it is available if at all other than to say it isn't planned to be shown at Cwnbran. But from talking to their manager two days ago while seeking two seats adjacent to each other for Top Gun Maverick, I know they are focussing on the new Jurassic Park sequel next week .... So I can't say they "pulled" this
It isn't listed against two independents I frequent either

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on June 08, 2022, 06:34:54 PM
From the reviews I've read (lodged after all this fuss) the film doesn't rate more than two out of five stars — the dialogue is judged banal, the story infantile, and the cinematography poor. Other than that it seems OK, but now destined for greater viewing figures because of Islam's version of Mary Whitehouse screaming blasphemy — possibly even before they've seen it.

Although I can understand cinemas pulling its screening if they fear violent reaction, I think the local Muslim clique's criticism is as valid as people here condemning the use of Black people in traditional (?) White roles, and White actors taking roles of other ethnicities...

Did any of the reviews you read make it clear the film makers are Shia Moslems and the activists that want their work banned are another example if this so called religion's inter-cult warfare ??

cromwell

Quote from: B0ycey on June 11, 2022, 10:47:11 AM
Cromwell, you do have the opportunity to watch the movie though. You can watch it at another cinema chain. And so can those who want to watch it. But it is clear this movie won't be around in Cinema much longer because people aren't actually going to the cinema and watching it, but that is another issue all together. Nonetheless given that you can watch the movie and still decide to not watch it, I am finding it very confusing that you are being selected on what freedom of speech you find acceptable especially as the means to watch the movie still exists.

QuoteAlso, Tommy Robinson pickets mosques all the time. I just thought I would inform you as you seem confused.
No he doesn't,he buggered off abroad,claimed bankruptcy but afforded a holiday to Mexico where he was arrested and deported.

I asked you a question which you failed to answer,do you believe it acceptable that people could picket a place of religious worship causing the freedom to worship being curtailed?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on June 09, 2022, 07:45:53 PM
Hmm. Let's not bother going out in the street. There might be an unstable Islamist hothead around about to mount the kerb with an SUV to run us down whilst shouting Allahu Akbar.
Or, better, do not kowtow to threats from religious nutcases or anyone else and get on with life.
How is the teacher from Batley getting on - is he still in hiding after 15 months?
If you live in a Labour council controlled area, there may well be. They still have not grasped the need to expose the bastards and root them out