Ban this film?

Started by cromwell, June 07, 2022, 08:30:14 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on June 07, 2022, 09:52:18 PM
Didn't Islam come through Hagar so wouldn't their writings/beliefs have been the same at least up to that point. I think they rightfully followed the OT teachings at least initially.
I dont think it came through anything , the arabs  just didnt like the development of the Jewish and Christian religions in their lands so rewound the abrahamic beliefs in the 7th C back to basics,the will of god , and installed Mo as their head honcho . Other prophets such as Jesus were relegated to the ranks .

Quiet ironic really that a religion born to protect the arab people  from outside influence now wants to influence others 

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on June 07, 2022, 09:21:53 PM
Sounds like blasphemy to me, just like the whole of Islam, save the bits they nicked from the OT.
Didn't Islam come through Hagar so wouldn't their writings/beliefs have been the same at least up to that point. I think they rightfully followed the OT teachings at least initially.

Barry

Sounds like blasphemy to me, just like the whole of Islam, save the bits they nicked from the OT.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Good advertising that , more people willgo and see it now that the mussas are trying to ban it .  Reminds me of when people rushed out to buy the Satanic verses book ,what a load of crap that was , I hope the films better . 

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on June 07, 2022, 08:30:14 PM
No sod off if you don't like it this is a land of freedom of expression.

By all means if you are unhappy protest peacefully but people should not be intimidated or stopped from viewing this.

If Saudi Arabia bans it fine that's their choice and society,this is ours.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/jun/07/uk-cinema-chain-cancels-screenings-of-film-the-lady-of-heaven-after-protests
When you think how other religions have been documented with films, stage shows etc over the years, no doubt with many of them feeling a bit put out over the portrayal, it makes me wonder why Islam is so insecure. I'm with you in that here our rules apply. 

cromwell

No sod off if you don't like it this is a land of freedom of expression.

By all means if you are unhappy protest peacefully but people should not be intimidated or stopped from viewing this.

If Saudi Arabia bans it fine that's their choice and society,this is ours.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/jun/07/uk-cinema-chain-cancels-screenings-of-film-the-lady-of-heaven-after-protests
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?