And they are off! Indy2 in October 2023 !

Started by Borchester, June 16, 2022, 02:50:43 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on June 16, 2022, 04:27:02 PM

I wonder how many uk prime ministers have told empire countires they werent allowed to leave......
You cant leave what in many repects you where front and centre in creating . Was it not the Scots who went to the four corners of the globe as settlers ,administrators and plantation owners ? Was it not the Scots who were at the front of every battle that aquired lands for the Empire ?

Scotlands economy was built on the empire you only have to look at the names on a map of the world to see the influence the Scots had ,in fact it should be renamed the Scottish Empire , all England did was keep order to it 

:D

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on June 16, 2022, 07:37:26 PM
Your point being?
Point being, you like to use the Empire as a point of jest, to suggest that Britain is clinging onto something that doesn't really exist anymore. It may have shrunk over the years but it's still 5 times bigger than the EU. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

what do you suggest he does john? 

How about "not give permission for the Scottish devolved parliament to hold the referendum"

I didn't say what he would do, and I don't know what he will do.

But if he does not allow it, it won't happen, and if it does, it won't be legal. 

That will be fun. Popcorn anyone...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2022, 06:49:45 PM
There are still 54 countries in the Commonwealth, more than 25% of the worlds countries and more than a third of the worlds population. 😉
Your point being?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

what do you suggest he does john? Send the army up to intimidate any one going to the polling booths?

I wonder how many uk prime ministers have told empire countires they werent allowed to leave......
There are still 54 countries in the Commonwealth, more than 25% of the worlds countries and more than a third of the worlds population. 😉 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 16, 2022, 03:12:31 PM
Only if Boris allows it ....
what do you suggest he does john? Send the army up to intimidate any one going to the polling booths?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 16, 2022, 04:02:03 PM
I doubt tha Boris will send the redcoats to stop Indy2. In fact that is probably what the Nats want. As said, things do not look to good for them, so come that gray October dawn in 2023, they will be delighted to blame Westminster.
i dont know borkie , the thought of us having the ability to rejoin the EU , or at least joing EFTA , seems quite appealing to many.

50/50 before campaigning begins seems a good place to start....:)

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on June 16, 2022, 03:12:31 PM
Only if Boris allows it ....

I doubt tha Boris will send the redcoats to stop Indy2. In fact that is probably what the Nats want. As said, things do not look to good for them, so come that gray October dawn in 2023, they will be delighted to blame Westminster.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

QuoteThe UK government has repeatedly made clear that it will not do so again any time soon, with Ms Sturgeon saying on Tuesday she would soon make a "significant" announcement on what she will do if this stance does not change.
Do a Putin and invade? :)

Anyway if they want out let 'em go.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61811602

Apparently the Constitution Secretary has gone on the TV and given a time and a date

If the Scots want independence then good luck to them. Better a good friend than a pissed off wife. And it won't make much odds anyway. We will still buy their whisky and they will still lose at the rugby.

But I can't see it happening. The polls give thepossible results as being anywhere between close and 45% for the Nats and 55% for the Unionists.

Overall, I reckon that come Der Tag the Nats will get their dials wiped, Wee Krankie will say that the bastard English rigged the referendum and immediately start preparing Indy3.

Still, at least we will have something to discuss.

:)
Algerie Francais !