Main Menu

Firefox History

Started by Borchester, June 16, 2022, 03:26:17 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

We need Nick!

It appears I can clear the lot, or one at a time, but not select several items down a list to do with one click.

This might help:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox#w_remove-a-single-website-from-your-history

I get the warning:
All history items (browsing and download history, cookies, cache, active logins, passwords, saved form data, exceptions for cookies, images, pop-ups) for that site will be removed.

Of course, that may be what you're after...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on June 17, 2022, 03:35:04 PM
All good points, but I don't want to learn how to delete my history in a particular manner for security reason, I want to learn because I can't.

I think I will approach the youngest granddaughter. She is only 13 so will be the cheapest.
LOL Not necessarily! My grand-daughter was 13 yesterday she's turning out to be very expensive!

Borchester

Quote from: B-4 on June 17, 2022, 03:10:25 PM
I'd recommend automatically clearing all history and rely on bookmarking. I'd say Firefox is about to get even more popular with Google Chrome about to mess up ad blocking extensions, which are used to minimise tracking from the "evil corporations".  Caching was only useful back when the Internet was slow.

All good points, but I don't want to learn how to delete my history in a particular manner for security reason, I want to learn because I can't.

I think I will approach the youngest granddaughter. She is only 13 so will be the cheapest.
Algerie Francais !

B-4

I'd recommend automatically clearing all history and rely on bookmarking. I'd say Firefox is about to get even more popular with Google Chrome about to mess up ad blocking extensions, which are used to minimise tracking from the "evil corporations".  Caching was only useful back when the Internet was slow.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on June 16, 2022, 06:43:53 PM
I have Firefox on my laptop, will have a look in the morning.
You're basically trying to select multiple entries and delete with one keystroke?

That is it.

Many thanks Nick
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 16, 2022, 06:08:31 PM
There's something I'm not getting here. I use Firefox with Apple OS on both iMac and iPad. I've done that on the iMac (never had to on the iPad), and it works for me — in the pub now so only have my iPad. Perhaps Nick can assist.

The other solution from now on is to go "private" on Firefox if there's sites you'd rather the Missus didn't find out about — there's no history then...

I am slightly embarrassed that I have downloaded every Jane Austin movie that I can find, but other than that, I am not overly bothered about what anyone finds on my computer.

No, the point is that I can't do it and want to learn how.

:)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on June 16, 2022, 05:55:33 PM
Now there is the rub Pat.

That works with Microsoft, but not Firefox

I can delete an individual entry or the whole lot, but I can't highlight several entries and clear them.

But thanks for the response.
I have Firefox on my laptop, will have a look in the morning.
You're basically trying to select multiple entries and delete with one keystroke?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

There's something I'm not getting here. I use Firefox with Apple OS on both iMac and iPad. I've done that on the iMac (never had to on the iPad), and it works for me — in the pub now so only have my iPad. Perhaps Nick can assist.

The other solution from now on is to go "private" on Firefox if there's sites you'd rather the Missus didn't find out about — there's no history then...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 16, 2022, 05:24:28 PM
With the warning that I'm an Apple user (albeit often with a Firefox browser)

Click the Library button
Click History, then click Recent History

Select the history you want to clear: Click the drop-down menu in the Time range to select how much of your history you want  to clear. There should be check boxes for you to select the information you want to clear.

Click on Clear Now.
The window should close and selected items cleared from your history.

But I do not guarantee any of the above...

Now there is the rub Pat.

That works with Microsoft, but not Firefox

I can delete an individual entry or the whole lot, but I can't highlight several entries and clear them.

But thanks for the response.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on June 16, 2022, 03:26:17 PM
I know sod all about the subject and while I have children and grandchildren who will write programmes for me, I can't understand a word they say.

So, step 1

When I click on the history side bar on Firefox, I can delete individual entries or all, but I can't highlight several topics and clear those.

So how do I manage?

All advice gratefully received
With the warning that I'm an Apple user (albeit often with a Firefox browser)

Click the Library button
Click History, then click Recent History

Select the history you want to clear: Click the drop-down menu in the Time range to select how much of your history you want  to clear. There should be check boxes for you to select the information you want to clear.

Click on Clear Now. 
The window should close and selected items cleared from your history.

But I do not guarantee any of the above...

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on June 16, 2022, 03:56:32 PM
Sorry Borky I just blunder along myself as it is.

Fair enough Ollie.

Maybe some of the other posters can help both of us.

I love maths and can't be arsed with programming, possibly because they are at different ends of the spectrum. But I can't wallow in my hog like ignorance forever, so I reckon it is time to see how to instruct these electric adding machines.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Sorry Borky I just blunder along myself as it is.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

I know sod all about the subject and while I have children and grandchildren who will write programmes for me, I can't understand a word they say.

So, step 1

When I click on the history side bar on Firefox, I can delete individual entries or all, but I can't highlight several topics and clear those.

So how do I manage?

All advice gratefully received
Algerie Francais !