Pregnant? - speechless!

Started by T00ts, June 17, 2022, 10:16:25 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on June 18, 2022, 06:17:08 PM
Perhaps he needs more discerning staff with a modicum of common sense.

You will recall my referring elsewhere to the letter I sent to our local rag back in 76 pointing out in response to their 'outing' a weekend transvestite on our university teaching staff ...

I pointed out that as students of various degree subjects within the faculty of medicine, we should all be grateful of the timely reminder that the "woman" brought in to A and E in tight skirt four inch heels and fishnets may not be what one might expect ... and that the time to deal with our reaction is now, not at that unholy hour of the morning when they arrive in the back of an ambulance ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on June 22, 2022, 11:41:08 PM
When I see the box marked Sex I always write Yes Please because the old ones are the best.

That said, it could be that the nurses may have heard it before because they don't laugh as much as when I was 18
:D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on June 22, 2022, 09:37:15 PM
I never answer the racist stuff.
I don't bother mentioning it. I just leave it blank.

When I see the box marked Sex I always write Yes Please because the old ones are the best.

That said, it could be that the nurses may have heard it before because they don't laugh as much as when I was 18
Algerie Francais !

Baff

I never answer the racist stuff.
I don't bother mentioning it. I just leave it blank.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 20, 2022, 09:21:29 PM
Because stupid questions need answering with contempt or not answering at all . Honestly Posty ,I will never nor never have answered any question correctly on a form that asks anything about religion , sexual preferences ,race ,ethnicticity  or if I speak musili as a second language
I find that strange. I've always given truthful answers on forms (as far as I can remember), even if previous answers would appear to make the current question unnecessary.

These days, many forms are laid out and read by computer, so the fact that one form type can be produced to cover everybody in the population comes as no surprise.

Plus, I reckon it's quicker to comply than to get all arsey and work out a response that shows my disapproval or, like Mr Sinclair, 66, jump on my bike and pedal off into the distance...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 20, 2022, 06:12:12 PM
Why not answer honestly?

Because stupid questions need answering with contempt or not answering at all . Honestly Posty ,I will never nor never have answered any question correctly on a form that asks anything about religion , sexual preferences ,race ,ethnicticity  or if I speak musili as a second language 

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 20, 2022, 06:12:12 PM
Why not answer honestly?
We assume Mr Sinclair, 66, wanted to register a protest, not f**k up the system, though it appears he may have wanted his 15 min of fame...

PS — why in 2022 does this for still put f**king asterisks in words that have been part of this language for centuries and are now being accepted by radio and TV (admittedly after watersheds — whatever they are — and spoken on HIGNFY and other mainstream shows)...?

PPS — why's this showing large on my iPad...?

It is due to Brexit.

There is a cheerful myth that when the medieval watchmen arrested the local working girls, the charge was For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, which was soon abbreviated to F.U.C.King.

Sadly, that does not appear to have been the case and it is most likely that the word comes from Renaissance Dutch, the latter being notoriously foulmouthed fuckers.

Anyway, come June 2016 it was decided to cleanse the English language of foreign filth, so while we are still trying to invent appropriate British smut, we still rely upon suitably bowdlerised obscenities from Johnny Foreigner
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 18, 2022, 08:02:26 PM
Same thing , if we all say we are pregnant , homosexual ,over 45 and disabled they will either stop asking us daft questions or give us a council house .
Why not answer honestly?
We assume Mr Sinclair, 66, wanted to register a protest, not f**k up the system, though it appears he may have wanted his 15 min of fame...

PS — why in 2022 does this for still put fucking asterisks in words that have been part of this language for centuries and are now being accepted by radio and TV (admittedly after watersheds — whatever they are — and spoken on HIGNFY and other mainstream shows)...?

PPS — why's this showing large on my iPad...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2022, 06:41:18 PM
Perhaps he was making a stand for all those who believe that this has been foisted on the population and is nonsensical.

Nah, he was just being a self obsessed, attention seeking little C@@@.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 18, 2022, 06:27:07 PM
I'm of the opinion that Mr Sinclair, at the age of 66, should have been adult enough to accept that if one form is used for everybody there are bound to be questions that would be superfluous if applied to one specific individual.

But I'll refine my earlier post — the answers were either Yes or No.

Why throw a tantrum — especially if (as the report says) Mr Sinclair, 66, is so concerned for the people who need his blood...?

True.

On the other hand, Mr Sinclair is clearing a grandstanding, attention seeking prick, and as such might be secretly afraid that as such his blood would infect others with his sad characteristics.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 18, 2022, 07:46:12 PM
Saying YES he was pregnant would have been a better way to do that :D
;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 18, 2022, 07:56:18 PM
But we assume Mr Sinclair, 66, wanted to register a protest, not f**k up the system...
Same thing , if we all say we are pregnant , homosexual ,over 45 and disabled they will either stop asking us daft questions or give us a council house .

patman post

But we assume Mr Sinclair, 66, wanted to register a protest, not f**k up the system...

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on June 18, 2022, 06:41:18 PM
Perhaps he was making a stand for all those who believe that this has been foisted on the population and is nonsensical.
Saying YES he was pregnant would have been a better way to do that :D 

patman post

So Mr Sinclair, 66, is prepared to let those children — he believes need his blood — suffer for the sake of not answering a couple of questions Yes or No in order to make a stand.

Evaluating the relative harms of answering the questions, or not giving blood, doesn't seem that difficult...