Pregnant? - speechless!

Started by T00ts, June 17, 2022, 10:16:25 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on June 24, 2022, 03:17:58 PM
Just looked again at the thread title: Pregnant? — Speechless!

And I recalled that Mrs P was far from Speechless while Pregnant!

Like a dutiful expectant father, I was administering to her every whim. But she moaned increasingly as the weeks passed, and became more and more demanding — though to be fair, she was carrying twins...
Poor lass - she has my sympathy. Carrying two is some feat.

patman post

Just looked again at the thread title: Pregnant? — Speechless!

And I recalled that Mrs P was far from Speechless while Pregnant!

Like a dutiful expectant father, I was administering to her every whim. But she moaned increasingly as the weeks passed, and became more and more demanding — though to be fair, she was carrying twins...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on June 24, 2022, 11:54:31 AM
We're responsible oop north you know ;)
How could I possibly doubt that?  Dancing Dancing 

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on June 24, 2022, 09:54:01 AM
Really? I didn't think nurses were given such freedom.
We're responsible oop north you know ;)
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on June 24, 2022, 09:48:41 AM
No, but my wife did ask the nurse if she asked that question. She said it was down to the judgement of the individual nurse.
Really? I didn't think nurses were given such freedom.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2022, 07:57:30 PM
So they didn't ask if she might be pregnant? I thought all medics made that pretty much their first question of any woman.
No, but my wife did ask the nurse if she asked that question. She said it was down to the judgement of the individual nurse.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 20, 2022, 09:21:29 PM
Because stupid questions need answering with contempt or not answering at all . Honestly Posty ,I will never nor never have answered any question correctly on a form that asks anything about religion , sexual preferences ,race ,ethnicticity  or if I speak musili as a second language
Not many years back and providing a service to the local council I received a card one christmas with winterval greetings in practically every language known to man,english came last. :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on June 23, 2022, 07:34:29 PM
I mentioned this to my wife the other day as she was booked in to give blood and she couldn't find this question on the form so maybe it's a local council thing and not an NHS issue.
So they didn't ask if she might be pregnant? I thought all medics made that pretty much their first question of any woman.

Nick

I mentioned this to my wife the other day as she was booked in to give blood and she couldn't find this question on the form so maybe it's a local council thing and not an NHS issue. 

T00ts

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on June 23, 2022, 02:20:41 PM
Cruel, but true :)
Ahhh! Don't worry a woman over 60 becomes invisible.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on June 23, 2022, 01:13:39 PM
Perhaps, when the nurses see you standing in front of them today, they don't feel it likely that the old ones are the best...

Cruel, but true :)
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on June 22, 2022, 11:41:08 PM
When I see the box marked Sex I always write Yes Please because the old ones are the best.

That said, it could be that the nurses may have heard it before because they don't laugh as much as when I was 18
Perhaps, when the nurses see you standing in front of them today, they don't feel it likely that the old ones are the best...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on June 22, 2022, 11:41:08 PM
When I see the box marked Sex I always write Yes Please because the old ones are the best.

That said, it could be that the nurses may have heard it before because they don't laugh as much as when I was 18
Ah, memories ...

While freelancing in London the vagaries of my clients opening hours versus the metropolitan line train and tube timings often meant I would be standing on Finsbury Pavement or some such with sod all to do for 10 min unlike the rest of my fellow commuters who always seemed in a permanent frenzy.

I would often take pity on whoever was standing by the tube station looking miserably for someone to ask about some survey or market research or the like. In those days they rarely asked for details beyond an address and I'd say the b&b I was in ... So never any junk mail etc ..

It was one such individual who had the unenviable job of putting to me, on behalf of channel 4, a whole series of strange questions. The individual recognised me and I recognised her from previous encounters seeking opinions on far more mundane matters so there was no question in my mind she was genuine 

One of the opening questions was "had I ever paid for sex" and you could see it was a matter she was less than comfortable asking mostly total strangers at 8:15 on a rainy Tuesday outside a Central London Tube.

I replied that to be honest, until the age of 24 I had not, but then I got married and the demands placed upon my wallet thereafter had been quite excessive.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>