The death of common sense?

Started by DeppityDawg, June 20, 2022, 06:36:17 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on June 20, 2022, 07:18:35 PM
nothing to think about , as im pretty sure the majority agree with you.
Hi Thomas.

Long time no see. Hope yr ok. Yeah, i get that, i think on here most would agree, but i was more trying to get a conversation going about why, in wider society at least, many would not agree.

In fact, even on here, there is at least one of the examples.above where you and i were on one side and several members of this forum were on another.

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on June 20, 2022, 06:36:17 PM
Ok, so now we live in a world where things that were once articles of faith, or at least, conventional wisdom, are now either scoffed at, ignored or dismissed as the work of the devil (or more routinely, the nazis and fascists who now occupy the part of the political spectrum that was once occupied by old Labour voters)

Now, I realise that each new generation holds the previous one in contempt, but it now seems we live in a world, for instance, which believes 1) little to no harm can come from completely and repeatedly closing down society for months on end, that 2) men calling themselves women can compete in sports against real women and it would not be unfair, or 3) that central banks can go on printing vast amounts of money indefinitely without causing ruinous inflation, are just a few examples that spring to mind

Just wondered what others thought. Or is thinking old fashioned and should actually be banned....actually, we aren't far off that are we.
nothing to think about , as im pretty sure the majority agree with you.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg

Ok, so now we live in a world where things that were once articles of faith, or at least, conventional wisdom, are now either scoffed at, ignored or dismissed as the work of the devil (or more routinely, the nazis and fascists who now occupy the part of the political spectrum that was once occupied by old Labour voters)

Now, I realise that each new generation holds the previous one in contempt, but it now seems we live in a world, for instance, which believes 1) little to no harm can come from completely and repeatedly closing down society for months on end, that 2) men calling themselves women can compete in sports against real women and it would not be unfair, or 3) that central banks can go on printing vast amounts of money indefinitely without causing ruinous inflation, are just a few examples that spring to mind

Just wondered what others thought. Or is thinking old fashioned and should actually be banned....actually, we aren't far off that are we.