PM may have avoided knock-out punch - but he soon faces another huge potential blow-up

Started by SKY News, June 27, 2022, 07:00:15 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on June 27, 2022, 10:46:22 AM
Isn't that for a leadership election to decide?

I think that is the point. The article seems to be trying to suggest there should be one but the cabinet have no balls go go for it
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on June 27, 2022, 11:35:50 AM
 Sir Stodge might as well resign and go back to prosecuting drunk and disorderly cases
If he had been doing that these last couple of years he could have gone after most of the t*ssers in Downing St, lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on June 27, 2022, 10:27:56 AM
Why are the Tories striving so hard to gift the next election to Starmer? Can't they see that Bozo is dragging them all down with him?

They are probably waiting for Labour to demand extra compensation for our friends in the Mau Mau and a a push to rejoin the EU.

At such a moment Sir Stodge might as well resign and go back to prosecuting drunk and disorderly cases at Uxbridge Magistrates Court, because Boris will have bounced back.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on June 27, 2022, 10:46:22 AM
Yes of course. It was perhaps too simplistic. There are a number of things going on as I see it. We have a load of MPs serving the Red Wall who are terrified of losing their seats. Sadly the Red Wall vote was only on loan and it will take more than one term of Conservative Government after Brexit to make the North's wishes come true. Yes I know there has been much more than that but it has had it's problems none of which were expected. 

1 Referendum
2 The result
3 Cameron's flight
4 Mrs May's election
5 The mayhem that Westminster became under Bercow while some thought they could overthrow the Ref result
6 Boris election
7 Almost immediately Covid 
8 Russian invasion of Ukraine 

How many of us would have predicted such a turn of events? We are in a time of flux on all quarters and I don't think that any course of action at this point is necessarily the right one. If both sides of Westminster were able it would be now that I think they should be working together as in war time for the common good, but we are confronted with two broken Parliamentary Parties that I can't help but feel are so obsessed with what is going on in side rooms and under the radar that we, the electorate, have been rather forgotten in the fall out. 

So we throw out Boris and I agree he should go, but if we get into that it will mean little getting done again and just how long can we allow that to happen? The coup was badly organised with the inevitable result. Boris is not a clean fighter and I am sure the early confidence vote was orchestrated by No 10 and has given Boris time. He can't recover in my view but quite where that leave us I am unsure. I almost wish that those who see themselves as future leaders would break cover on both sides of the House because Starmer won't cut it either.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on June 27, 2022, 10:30:02 AM
Because they can't agree yet on a potential successor.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on June 27, 2022, 10:27:56 AM
Why are the Tories striving so hard to gift the next election to Starmer? Can't they see that Bozo is dragging them all down with him?
Because they can't agree yet on a potential successor. 

srb7677

Quote from: SKY News  on June 27, 2022, 07:00:15 AM
PM may have avoided knock-out punch - but he soon faces another huge potential blow-up

In the end, it wasn't a double blow, but a triple one.

Source: PM may have avoided knock-out punch - but he soon faces another huge potential blow-up

SKY News

In the end, it wasn't a double blow, but a triple one.

Source: PM may have avoided knock-out punch - but he soon faces another huge potential blow-up