Main Menu

Ambulance responses

Started by Barry, June 27, 2022, 04:23:55 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Nick on July 02, 2022, 09:00:56 AM
Absolutely, but I have heard tell of people calling for an Ambulance because they broke a fingernail on a Friday night.
Yes, and for little cuts and grazes, but the Ambulance service won't come out. They have a telephone triage before the blue lights ever get switched on.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on July 01, 2022, 09:53:48 AM
I won't rise to the bait. The patient needed immediate heart monitoring equipment and possibly defib.
I don't have them in my car.

The crazy thing is, while I was out scuba diving, we DID have most of the kit, INCLUDING a defibrillator, and an ECG monitor, in someone's car. I meant it when I said between the lot of us we could have set up a MASH unit 

We only deployed the FULL kit once. To my shock and disgust, a fellow "professional" we were working with lied through his teeth about a cardiac problem and cheerfully donned his kit and jumped into six degree water in a quarry somewhere south of Bristol 

The utter irony of the situation was that we were out there along with him to assist training up eight of his customers in a "Rescue Diver" course which if anyone's done these knows it's actually far more useful to you than you might think....

Half way through I was at my car in between course modules when one of my club's divers came racing over shouting at me and those near me to grab the kit .....

I'm not sure exactly what condition he had but his cardiac output was all over the place and he was already going a nasty shade of grey.

Over the next ten minutes I certified every single one of the students in CPR. I fully admit my response of "waste not, want not" to the site's own first aiders when they remarked about my getting the students to keep the little shit alive until the paramedic crew rocked up being "a tad crass" was driven mainly from anger but for the next few years eight of the people certified by our course had seen how effective they were by actually reading a blood gas oximeter display as they gave the chest compressions 

There's nothing like having to do the real thing for proving you've understood the training videos.

To say I was surprised to discover who it was that needed my help was an understatement. Boy was I bloody angry. This guy was on paper rated to take Jennifer then aged 11 to ten metres. I was as well, of course, but you don't expect those teaching the course to lie about their medical fitness to the insurance company providing their liability cover ...

The kickback from this wankers action was HUGE. Suffice to say he never got wet again unless he took a bloody shower and his employer went out of business soon after.

He is one of the four individuals I feel continued to walk the earth at least for a while because I personally kicked the grim reaper where their nadgers would be if they had any. 

Yes it felt good that we succeeded but a year later on another course I was chatting with two fellow instructors who had a bloke sign up to the course and lie about his health. The guy croaked in the pool when the stress of being underwater (which is actually incredibly relaxing once you get used to it) blew whatever it was that was wrong with him and they couldn't bring him back.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 01, 2022, 09:53:48 AM
I won't rise to the bait. The patient needed immediate heart monitoring equipment and possibly defib.
Absolutely, but I have heard tell of people calling for an Ambulance because they broke a fingernail on a Friday night.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Scott777

Quote from: Nick on June 30, 2022, 06:50:34 PM
Strip it back to porters, nurses, matron's, doctors and a governors running hospitals and it would improve immeasurably.

No it wouldn't, Nick, not if it keeps spending money on testing, vaccines, emergency pandemic measures, etc, just because the f**king government say it should, and so many idiot members of the public agree.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: srb7677 on June 27, 2022, 10:40:22 PM
Where is all the money going?

Errrrrr, there was this gigantic testing and vaccine program, and lockdown.  I was against all of that.  What about you?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2022, 06:29:34 PM
You can treble the amount you reckon is being put into the NHS, but can you point to any improvements?

Longer waiting lists, more waiting for ambulances, shortages of medical staff are all the result of people believing the legend on your bus.

So how much of this increased spending from the Brexit Bonus has actually improved the S part of the NHS...?
That won't work

The writing on the bus arrived in 2016. In Wales, a Labour led administration has wrecked the NHS for the indigenous people of this country since 1999

There is not a single year since Tony Blair destroyed the united kingdom with his fucking devolution referendu8m, in which the BEST statistics for wales have outperformed the WORST in England.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 30, 2022, 03:13:14 PM
The ambulance isnt a free bus ride to A&E either
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2022, 08:37:17 PMYou accuse me of moving goal posts when you compare 2021 UK figures to 2019 French figures as though they are they are the same year.

Figures change in each country year on year.

The truth is the UK puts less money into its health system than France.

This is what you said.

Quote from: patman post on June 28, 2022, 05:39:05 PM[highlight]If UK taxpayers would cough up the amount say France and Germany collected and spent on their health services, there'd be a better service.[/highlight] Despite the NHS being lauded by every politician whenever health is under her spotlight, they fight shy of collecting enough money to run a better and reformed service...

https://fullfact.org/health/uk-health-spending-compared-france-and-germany/

The highlighted statement is in present tense, and the figures I gave were in present tense, so unless you can find the French 2021 figures your assumption is deemed as being wrong, the UK spends more than France. You thought you'd make some kind of political statement by posting a link that is six years old.

cromwell

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2022, 08:37:17 PM
You accuse me of moving goal posts when you compare 2021 UK figures to 2019 French figures as though they are they are the same year.

The truth is the UK puts less money into its health system than France. The outcome is worse results for killer diseases like cancer. These are made even worse by less/poorer medical care for UK patients.

Untrue slogans on the side of campaign buses haven't improved the situation...
Give it a break Pat with the bus,as political untruths go it doesn't register on the Richter scale of propaganda. 
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 01, 2022, 12:31:02 AM
Being forced to take Moira to A&E sitting unsupported beyond the seatbelt and Jennifer holding her neck and trying to restrain her with the towels she'd mopped the blood on the hall carpet up with in the Suzuki's back seat with no back brace or head and neck restraint risked every jolt breaking her spinal column given the nature of her head first fall down the stairs causing fractures and bleeding into the airway sufficient to choke her

The ambulance SHOULD be a free ride to A and Bloody E.

Its what I was told I was paying my f**king taxes for.

The ambulance was re-sent six hours after the fall by which time the house was deserted and Moira was having a CT Scan. On failing to get in but seeing all the lights on they called the plod who broke in. On seeing the blood they called the hospital and raced there tasers drawn to arrest me for murder.

Had Moira been paralysed by my being forced to choose between moving her to A and E and watching her fie bent double at the foot of the stairs, the first two taser wielding pigs would be finding out exactly how fast I was at performing a tracheotomy in my vivisecting days.

And had any of the business suited scum responsible for this crap situation been in range they'd have been treated to my nephrectomy and castration skills too.

Too many NHS staff are victims of violence from distraught relatives and distressed patients who do not know who to direct their anger to and lash out in pain and grief.

I know exactly who is to blame.
My point exactly JoG , while your family did need an ambulance to turn up in good speed and take care of you it couldnt because it was sitting outside someones house who had complained of a headache or was ferrying someone to A&E with a discolated thumb .

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 30, 2022, 03:13:14 PM
The ambulance isnt a free bus ride to A&E either

Being forced to take Moira to A&E sitting unsupported beyond the seatbelt and Jennifer holding her neck and trying to restrain her with the towels she'd mopped the blood on the hall carpet up with in the Suzuki's back seat with no back brace or head and neck restraint risked every jolt breaking her spinal column given the nature of her head first fall down the stairs causing fractures and bleeding into the airway sufficient to choke her

The ambulance SHOULD be a free ride to A and Bloody E.

Its what I was told I was paying my fucking taxes for.

The ambulance was re-sent six hours after the fall by which time the house was deserted and Moira was having a CT Scan. On failing to get in but seeing all the lights on they called the plod who broke in. On seeing the blood they called the hospital and raced there tasers drawn to arrest me for murder.

Had Moira been paralysed by my being forced to choose between moving her to A and E and watching her fie bent double at the foot of the stairs, the first two taser wielding pigs would be finding out exactly how fast I was at performing a tracheotomy in my vivisecting days.

And had any of the business suited scum responsible for this crap situation been in range they'd have been treated to my nephrectomy and castration skills too.

Too many NHS staff are victims of violence from distraught relatives and distressed patients who do not know who to direct their anger to and lash out in pain and grief.

I know exactly who is to blame.

patman post

Quote from: Nick on June 30, 2022, 06:50:34 PM
Stop moving the goalposts. A few posts ago it was all about the amount of tax going into the NHS not matching France, now you're saying the amount of money has no effect! How many times has it been said on here that the NHS will eat all the money it is given. It's too late in the night and I can't be bothered looking it up but it's down to the trusts / management system that was put in place. Strip it back to porters, nurses, matron's, doctors and a governors running hospitals and it would improve immeasurably.
You accuse me of moving goal posts when you compare 2021 UK figures to 2019 French figures as though they are they are the same year. 

The truth is the UK puts less money into its health system than France. The outcome is worse results for killer diseases like cancer. These are made even worse by less/poorer medical care for UK patients. 

Untrue slogans on the side of campaign buses haven't improved the situation...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

The bottom line is that services are not keeping up with the rise in population . Government  has been trying to make us pay for it in various ways  but its not really working ,we just end up paying more for a poorer service 

Nick

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2022, 06:29:34 PM
You can treble the amount you reckon is being put into the NHS, but can you point to any improvements?

Longer waiting lists, more waiting for ambulances, shortages of medical staff are all the result of people believing the legend on your bus.

So how much of this increased spending from the Brexit Bonus has actually improved the S part of the NHS...?
Stop moving the goalposts. A few posts ago it was all about the amount of tax going into the NHS not matching France, now you're saying the amount of money has no effect! How many times has it been said on here that the NHS will eat all the money it is given. It's too late in the night and I can't be bothered looking it up but it's down to the trusts / management system that was put in place. Strip it back to porters, nurses, matron's, doctors and a governors running hospitals and it would improve immeasurably.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...