Anyone for Tennis?

Started by T00ts, June 28, 2022, 03:08:32 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on June 30, 2022, 01:53:01 PM
I shamelessly connected to BBC iPlayer pretending I was paying for the license. The only TV I watch these days is GBNews.
On another note, why do they let a Canadian/Romanian mongrel like that Raducanu girl playing for England, a good British lass would have served us better.
;D Union Flag ;D
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on June 30, 2022, 01:53:01 PM

On another note, why do they let a Canadian/Romanian mongrel like that Raducanu girl playing for England
Probobly because she was a product of British Tennis .  Unlike the last Canadian to claim British Nationality Greg Ruedski who changed nationalities 5 years into his pro career .

Like many Torontonians she has a mixed heritage and basically if you are born there you can play for who the hell you like Dancing

HallowedBrexit

Quote from: Barry on June 28, 2022, 03:58:06 PM
No TV licence, no Tennis. ;D

I shamelessly connected to BBC iPlayer pretending I was paying for the license. The only TV I watch these days is GBNews.
On another note, why do they let a Canadian/Romanian mongrel like that Raducanu girl playing for England, a good British lass would have served us better.

Streetwalker

With little home representation (thats any good) I find it hard to get up for tennis . Decent enough game to watch but I can take it or leave it .  The only people that played tennis when I was younger were those who were useless at everything else 

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

No TV licence, no Tennis. ;D
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on June 28, 2022, 03:20:01 PM
If I watch I can be glued for hours so try and avoid it in the earlier stages. Am pleased that Murray and Raducanu are through though.

If either are there towards the finals I will watch if I can but unfortunately work tends to get in the way much of the time.

Aren't the finals usually played at weekends? That's not good for me since I usually work weekends.
Women finals Friday and Men Saturday unless the timetable gets messed up with rain or something. That's less likely now they have 2 roofs.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on June 28, 2022, 03:08:32 PM
Am I on my own watching Wimbledon? I normally try to stay away from week 1 but yesterday binged all afternoon with Djockovic, Raducanu and Murray winning. Today I'm waiting for Williams and Nadal. Bliss! I just wish I had remembered the strawberries and cream. Such bad planning!
If I watch I can be glued for hours so try and avoid it in the earlier stages. Am pleased that Murray and Raducanu are through though.

If either are there towards the finals I will watch if I can but unfortunately work tends to get in the way much of the time.

Aren't the finals usually played at weekends? That's not good for me since I usually work weekends.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Am I on my own watching Wimbledon? I normally try to stay away from week 1 but yesterday binged all afternoon with Djockovic, Raducanu and Murray winning. Today I'm waiting for Williams and Nadal. Bliss! I just wish I had remembered the strawberries and cream. Such bad planning!