Au Revior France , Hello the Anglosphere

Started by Streetwalker, June 30, 2022, 06:33:11 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2022, 12:46:33 PM
It's not a question of rejecting links, but of forging additional associations.

There are 12 countries that are members of both France's La Francophonie (often regarded as analogous to the Commonwealth) and the Commonwealth — I suspect two or three will surprise you.

The countries that are members of both organisations are Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Gabon, Ghana, Mauritius, Rwanda, St Lucia, Seychelles, Togo, and Vanuatu...

Well I can understand all except Cyprus. I have to say that wasn't a name I expected to see in that list, there didn't seem much evidence of French entrenchment in the island at least in the south eastern end I went to some years ago.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 30, 2022, 02:23:26 PM
Cyprus surprised to be fair given I can think of little connection with France but im sure it will come to me  ;D You are right that membership of the Commonwealth  is an add on not a subtraction I think they called it .

Doesn't stop the Frogs copping the hump though , their influence will be reserved for cultural matters though even there with the people rushing to learn English there will be changes . Union Flag
Will be interesting to see if they keep French as their official language. They WILL get the hump if that is dropped, we all know that the French think their language is the master.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on June 30, 2022, 12:46:33 PM

There are 12 countries that are members of both France's La Francophonie (often regarded as analogous to the Commonwealth) and the Commonwealth — I suspect two or three will surprise you.

The countries that are members of both organisations are Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Gabon, Ghana, Mauritius, Rwanda, St Lucia, Seychelles, Togo, and Vanuatu...
Cyprus surprised to be fair given I can think of little connection with France but im sure it will come to me  ;D You are right that membership of the Commonwealth  is an add on not a subtraction I think they called it . 

Doesn't stop the Frogs copping the hump though , their influence will be reserved for cultural matters though even there with the people rushing to learn English there will be changes . Union Flag

patman post

There are 12 countries that are members of both France's La Francophonie (often regarded as analogous to the Commonwealth) and the Commonwealth — I suspect two or three will surprise you.

The countries that are members of both organisations are Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Gabon, Ghana, Mauritius, Rwanda, St Lucia, Seychelles, Togo, and Vanuatu...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Gabon sees Commonwealth membership as pivot to English-speaking world | World | News | Express.co.uk

The French have got Le Hump , nothing new there then ;D

Gabon and Togo to reject its French colonial links and join the Commonwealth of nations becoming the 55th and 56th nations to join the club . 
Both gained independence from France in the 1960's and have shown a commitment to commonwealth values , democracy and transparacy of the democratic process , human rights and equal opportunities for all . 

Tongolese foriegn minister Robert Dussey said membership of the Commonwealth and its 2.5 Billion consumers offers new economic and educational opportunities . It also he went on to say allows his nation to redefine bilateral relations with the UK outside the EU after Brexit .

Born out of the British Empire the Commonweath represents a third of all humanity Union Flag