Were you a Boy Scout?

Started by T00ts, July 04, 2022, 04:50:59 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Baff on July 06, 2022, 01:16:17 PM
I was a Brownie.

The only male there.
Are you sure ?

Having scrolled down I see others have already asked so Ill just say ........cough !

patman post

I was a Brownie.

The only male there.
Can you be sure?

I hesitate to doubt your own gender choice — then or now — but I can see Toots worrying about the others...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

I was a Brownie.

The only male there.

Which unit, when and where ?

Knowing as I do the policy of the Girl Guides as enforced by the District Commissioner upon my wife, both my daughter's, my daughter's best friend and her mother, ALL of whom held Leadership or Deputy Leadership roles in Girl Guide and Brownie groups between 1988 and 2016, I TOTALLY call you a bloody liar.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on July 04, 2022, 04:50:59 PM
The Scouts have decided to update their use of language so scouts can no longer refer to

Dinner Ladies
Man made
Christian name
Fall on deaf ears
Maiden name
Chinese whispers
Down Under (Australia/New Zealand)  and too many others to list. There are trans fun badges, Bi-sexual fun badges, Lesbian fun badges, Pride fun Badges and another list of words for brownies/guides too. Where does inclusivity stop and indoctrination begin?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10980417/Woke-Scout-leaders-BAN-dinner-ladies-man-Christian-avoid-causing-offence.html
Not sure it's ever too early to point out how others' feelings should be considered and language, and how language and terminology can change.

For myself, I only send season's greetings cards at Christmas, refer to forenames, and am happy to call Brian Lara a batter. There's probably a lot more that now come naturally, and also a lot more I probably should be aware of...

PS — yes I was a scout from late '80s to mid '90s, but I doubt there were more than 500 in the whole country...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baff

I was a Brownie.

The only male there.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on July 04, 2022, 04:50:59 PM
The Scouts have decided to update their use of language so scouts can no longer refer to

Dinner Ladies
Man made
Christian name
Fall on deaf ears
Maiden name
Chinese whispers
Down Under (Australia/New Zealand)  and too many others to list. There are trans fun badges, Bi-sexual fun badges, Lesbian fun badges, Pride fun Badges and another list of words for brownies/guides too. Where does inclusivity stop and indoctrination begin?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10980417/Woke-Scout-leaders-BAN-dinner-ladies-man-Christian-avoid-causing-offence.html
ATC then RAF. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 04, 2022, 05:20:40 PM
No , Boys Brigade me which was run out of the local Baptist church .  Good God fearing people who would have burnt anyone at the stake at the mention of Bi-sexual fun

If my kids were of that age I would pull them out of any youth organisation that promoted all this woke shite . I really have had enough of it .
Moira's dad was a Boys Brigade Officer of some sort.

Their unit operated out of the (seriously teetotal) Welsh Presbyterian chapter. It must have taken some doing for him to come round at the wedding, stick ten quid on the table and tell us to go get a round for me and my mates from the bar.

That he was quite unaccustomed to the act was obvious by the fact he'd just handed over twice the amount needed as even the hotel didn't have the nerve to charge more than 50p a pint.

Oh hell, if I'm expect d to pick up the entire bar tab at Jennifer's do I'll be bankrupt
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 04, 2022, 05:20:40 PM
No , Boys Brigade me which was run out of the local Baptist church .  Good God fearing people who would have burnt anyone at the stake at the mention of Bi-sexual fun
Ditto, to a word.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

No but was a member of the local 'erberts group who usual annoyed everyone over the age of 21 by the mere fact we were young 'erberts. :D
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

No , Boys Brigade me which was run out of the local Baptist church .  Good God fearing people who would have burnt anyone at the stake at the mention of Bi-sexual fun 

If my kids were of that age I would pull them out of any youth organisation that promoted all this woke shite . I really have had enough of it .

johnofgwent

35th Cardiff. 

Officially left the Scouts in about 1972 at the age of 14.

I suspect this is the same sort of bullshit as those Halifax Badges. Mind you, it pisses me off that The Scout movement has been forced to admit Girls but boys are banned from joining the Girl Guides who must have their safe space.

T00ts

Dinner Ladies
Man made
Christian name
Fall on deaf ears
Maiden name
Chinese whispers