Sunak and Javid resign

Started by patman post, July 05, 2022, 06:45:28 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on July 06, 2022, 07:06:44 PM
Most people even not born them are aware of they think it's all over,I didn't mention whether I have or haven't found anything in that post re Johnson it's soley about where he is now.
So what are you looking for in his replacement you havent found in him? Or are you just refusing to answer because you darent say what you really feel ?

I assume you will be back here in two years or so asking the same cryptic question "where did it all go wrong" without elaborating?

Hopefully we can leave you lot to get on with it .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on July 06, 2022, 06:59:10 PM
yes yes cromwell ......the issue is navel gazing about times long gone and im asking what is it you were looking for in johnson that you havent found , and havent found in any pm in ten years or more i have known you on this forum?

What hasnt johnson delivered? What potential hasnt he reached?
Most people even not born them are aware of they think it's all over,I didn't mention whether I have or haven't found anything in that post re Johnson it's soley about where he is now.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Quote from: Barry on July 06, 2022, 06:51:43 PM
Oh my goodness, I am so surprised that the EU would denounce Boris.
True, but they were spot-on with Fawlty Towers
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Thomas

Martin Lewis

@MartinSLewis

We've a cost of living crisis of a scale not seen for nearly 50yrs. Energy bills will rise to £3,000 in Oct. Food, mortgages, rents, transport & petrol prices are exploding The Bank of England today warned economic outlook's deteriorated materially

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on July 06, 2022, 06:56:38 PM
Nothing to do with World Cup win everything to do with Boris and his options,the only YouTube freference tothey think it's all over.
yes yes cromwell ......the issue is navel gazing about times long gone and im asking what is it you were looking for in johnson that you havent found , and havent found in any pm in ten years or more i have known you on this forum?

What hasnt johnson delivered? What potential hasnt he reached?

Thomas

wurzel enjoying himself as well....

Jeremy Corbyn calls for Conservatives to be replaced by 'People's Government'

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/jeremy-corbyn-calls-for-conservatives-to-be-replaced-by-peoples-government/333034

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on July 06, 2022, 06:33:35 PM

In between , he posts videos of englands world cup win in 1966 , an event before i and many others on this forum were even born. 
Nothing to do with World Cup win everything to do with Boris and his options,the only YouTube freference tothey think it's all over.

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on July 06, 2022, 06:48:36 PM
The European Parliament has slammed Johnson's "Fawlty Towers" style of government.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-european-parliament-fawlty-towers-b2116973.html

Some Johnson supporters (there are still a few) are saying he has a huge mandate to govern. He does not. The Conservative party has a huge mandate (unfortunately) but not the PM.
:D

Are you taking the piss saying that on here from that parliament to rub  brexiter noses in the shii ite?

He is still clinging on quackers.

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on July 06, 2022, 06:48:36 PM
The European Parliament has slammed Johnson's "Fawlty Towers" style of government.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-european-parliament-fawlty-towers-b2116973.html
Oh my goodness, I am so surprised that the EU would denounce Boris.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on July 06, 2022, 06:44:09 PM
Well Thomas cromwell will have to answer your question on him.
im sure he will but i used him as an example while i was generalising.

QuoteI'm not sure why you are asking me about his views but we have the same problems as everyone else including the devolved regions.
you used the word potential and im asking you what potential johnson hasnt lived up to?

QuoteAs I said somewhere else, we are almost ungovernable.
England might be , i dont see us or wales in that bracket. Northern ireland has issues that have been around 100 years , again , you will need to elaborate. What are you looking for in this latest pm whoever they are , that you havent found in the past three incumbents?

Like i said ......is it the media...is it the political elite ......or is it englands unachievable aims that are causing so much disruption in your country?

HDQQ

Some Johnson supporters (there are still a few) are saying he has a huge mandate to govern. He does not. The Conservative party has a huge mandate (unfortunately) but not the PM.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on July 06, 2022, 06:33:35 PM
Twice in the last 6 years or thereabouts , almost word for word , you and i have had this same conversation about prime minister "potential" as you put it that hsnt been lived up to by both  May and now Johnson.

What i want to know is what potential johnson hasnt lived up to?

Both theresa may and boris johnsons character flaws were listed piece by piece long before they were coronated. Nothing we have seen is news to anyone paying attention. Is it the fact prime ministers of your country arent living up to potential , or that the potential cannot be realised as they are completely unrealistic?

What exactly are the english people like yourslef who vote tory and elect the likes of johnson actually looking for?

Take cromwell for example. I have been on this forum and its predesscessors for years with him , and im still non the wiser what he is actually looking for in political terms. We have someone as i always understood it who voted labour , got disillusioned with blair , rightly so , and gradually veered off to supporting a right of centre party , to the extreme right some would say , like UKIP/Brexit party , and voting leave.

In between , he posts videos of englands world cup win in 1966 , an event before i and many others on this forum were even born. He makes occasional wistfull comments like "where did it all go wrong" , to me navel gazing about the past , and what im asking is what did he and you and others like you of your generation expect of johnson , or expect of his potential successor?

To be fair toots , i dont think any of you actually know apart from the basics like a functioning government .

you mention johnson (like may) was the best of a bad bunch. That hsnt changed going forward with the next potential candidate has it? You are now back to the same bad bunch picking once more.
Well Thomas cromwell will have to answer your question on him. I'm not sure why you are asking me about his views but we have the same problems as everyone else including the devolved regions. Very few have the abilities needed and those who might, wouldn't be seen dead in a parliament. As I said somewhere else, we are almost ungovernable. 
Look at the media today. Life has stopped because they are having a feeding frenzy on this one subject. Who in their right mind puts themselves forward for the treatment being handed around today?

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on July 06, 2022, 05:23:49 PM
Unfortunately, the only way Boris is going to go away is if he is devastatingly humiliated to such a degree that even he can't carry on under the illusion it's just a minor hiccup to his planned legacy...
guido reporting the tory 1922 commitee voting against a rule change on a vote of no confidence. the slippery pig slipping through the grasping hands yet again?

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on July 06, 2022, 04:24:45 PM
Oh I think there was potential. At the time he was the best of a poor bunch. Quite where we would have ended up with the only other candidate, Jeremy Hunt, in charge of Brexit doesn't bear thinking about. There is little point looking back now because whoever is in No10 Labour, Libdem, Conservative or a coalition the current problems, many of which are not only British,  are not going to change overnight. I guess it will be whoever feels they have the courage to take it on and I would expect the media, the Civil Service and any pundits will now be emboldened to thinking that they can once again rule the country from their unelected positions. This current situation is as much their fault. We are fast becoming ungovernable.
That's been a problem for years

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on July 06, 2022, 04:24:45 PM
Oh I think there was potential. At the time he was the best of a poor bunch. Quite where we would have ended up with the only other candidate, Jeremy Hunt, in charge of Brexit doesn't bear thinking about. There is little point looking back now because whoever is in No10 Labour, Libdem, Conservative or a coalition the current problems, many of which are not only British,  are not going to change overnight. I guess it will be whoever feels they have the courage to take it on and I would expect the media, the Civil Service and any pundits will now be emboldened to thinking that they can once again rule the country from their unelected positions. This current situation is as much their fault. We are fast becoming ungovernable.
Twice in the last 6 years or thereabouts , almost word for word , you and i have had this same conversation about prime minister "potential" as you put it that hsnt been lived up to by both  May and now Johnson.

What i want to know is what potential johnson hasnt lived up to?

Both theresa may and boris johnsons character flaws were listed piece by piece long before they were coronated. Nothing we have seen is news to anyone paying attention. Is it the fact prime ministers of your country arent living up to potential , or that the potential cannot be realised as they are completely unrealistic?

What exactly are the english people like yourslef who vote tory and elect the likes of johnson actually looking for?

Take cromwell for example. I have been on this forum and its predesscessors for years with him , and im still non the wiser what he is actually looking for in political terms. We have someone as i always understood it who voted labour , got disillusioned with blair , rightly so , and gradually veered off to supporting a right of centre party , to the extreme right some would say , like UKIP/Brexit party , and voting leave.

In between , he posts videos of englands world cup win in 1966 , an event before i and many others on this forum were even born. He makes occasional wistfull comments like "where did it all go wrong" , to me navel gazing about the past , and what im asking is what did he and you and others like you of your generation expect of johnson , or expect of his potential successor?

To be fair toots , i dont think any of you actually know apart from the basics like a functioning government .

you mention johnson (like may) was the best of a bad bunch. That hsnt changed going forward with the next potential candidate has it? You are now back to the same bad bunch picking once more.