Sunak and Javid resign

Started by patman post, July 05, 2022, 06:45:28 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: T00ts on July 05, 2022, 07:22:01 PM
Ben Wallace is a name that keeps coming up. Defence Sec. I wonder if Sunak will leave politics he fell with a mighty bump. There's no recovery for him.
At least Rishi dealt effectively with the circumstances he was dealt by Covid that were exacerbated by an incompetent PM. Also he does not appear to have women leading him astray or overtly dictating policy. And I guess he'd be able to afford his own wallpaper, should he move into No.10.

But I suspect a brown PM would not be acceptable to the blue rinses and Col Blimps of Tunbridge Wells...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on July 05, 2022, 07:22:01 PM
Ben Wallace is a name that keeps coming up. Defence Sec. I wonder if Sunak will leave politics he fell with a mighty bump. There's no recovery for him.
Might as well be Ben Gunn I really see no one of merit anywhere,hopefully there must be someone isn't there?
How did we get to where we are?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: cromwell on July 05, 2022, 07:16:07 PM
Boris is buggered,but it still does not detract from the fact there is a dearth of talent and credible leaders in any party.
That is my major fear...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on July 05, 2022, 07:16:07 PM
Boris is buggered,but it still does not detract from the fact there is a dearth of talent and credible leaders in any party.

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 05, 2022, 06:45:28 PM
Will this be enough to rid us of this damaging clown of a PM...?
Hopefully. He's not an asset to the Tories, he is a liability.
He must be replaced very quickly with a statesman or woman who can bring back respect to the party before the next election.
The Tories need a leader with Tory policies, not green net zero.
I wonder if Rishi and Sajid had urged him to go, and when he didn't, - they did.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B0ycey

Quote from: T00ts on July 05, 2022, 06:50:24 PM
Perhaps. It needed the Cabinet to really break ranks but it doesn't alter the problem that Westminster still has. I guess both want to stand for the leadership.
Resignations seem too close together to not be in union. One of them is clearly going to run for office with the backing of the other as Chancellor. Javid seems about the best of a bad bunch so perhaps him. Wouldn't have minded Sunak as PM to be honest but can he rid himself of partygate?

HallowedBrexit

I think the signs are plain enough. It's time for Nigel Farage to get the keys to No. 10 and go straight for No Deal.

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on July 05, 2022, 06:45:28 PM
Perhaps. It needed the Cabinet to really break ranks but it doesn't alter the problem that Westminster still has. I guess both want to stand for the leadership.

patman post