Sunak and Javid resign

Started by patman post, July 05, 2022, 06:45:28 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 06, 2022, 02:35:54 PM
I take it Johnson is hanging around to see who he will invite to the leaving party
Dancing Dancing Perhaps Carrie doesn't want to leave her expensively decorated pad over No11 and all the perks. I understand that she is the party animal of the pair. 

Quote from: Borchester on July 06, 2022, 03:07:27 PM
True.

I can't keep up with this, but it appears that 6 more ministers have decided to jump ship.

Ball less bastards.

Boris may be horrible, but at least he is prepared to stand his ground
I would have agreed up until this last debacle. There is a fast rising tide of despair that he can't redeem himself again. A man with much potential but simply too many personal flaws. It's a shame that he was unable to keep the people who could keep him in line around him with too much count taken of woke Carrie. He has simply trodden on too many toes now. 

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on July 06, 2022, 12:39:36 PM
Just watching PMQ's whatever you say about Boris he's got balls.

True.

I can't keep up with this, but it appears that 6 more ministers have decided to jump ship.

Ball less bastards.

Boris may be horrible, but at least he is prepared to stand his ground
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

I take it Johnson is hanging around to see who he will invite to the leaving party 

T00ts

Now 21 have resigned from Govt. (1.39pm) Presumably there could come a point where there are not enough MPs prepared to replace the resigned making Govt impossible. 

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on July 06, 2022, 12:47:18 PM
Fine words in an Et tu Brute moment.
Yes a shame he fluffed the killer line. Theresa May's face was a picture.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on July 06, 2022, 12:42:49 PM
Now Javid has his Geoffrey Howe moment.
Fine words in an Et tu Brute moment.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on July 06, 2022, 12:39:36 PM
Now Javid has his Geoffrey Howe moment.

cromwell

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on July 06, 2022, 11:48:39 AM
One thing for sure the TV coverage is jubilant. They are falling over themselves - 16 resignations now, helicopters tracking his a progress to HofC for PMQs. Will he resign at PMQs and leave the floor. What a panto! Blair was applauded, they will be hissing at Boris.
The only thing Bliar deserved was a slow handclap,and a day in court.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on July 06, 2022, 11:48:39 AM
One thing for sure the TV coverage is jubilant. They are falling over themselves - 16 resignations now, helicopters tracking his a progress to HofC for PMQs. Will he resign at PMQs and leave the floor. What a panto! Blair was applauded, they will be hissing at Boris.

Which raises the question, will Starmer agree to the rise in the BBC licence fee in 2024 ?

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on July 06, 2022, 11:41:58 AM
Wallace is as much of a buffon as Boris. Strange to my own ears as I say it, the only one that fills me with any sense of competence is actually Gove.
Mmmm - he is good at the Despatch Box, but he is not good on loyalty as proved in the past.

Nick

Thatcher, Blair and May all had more resignations than Boris, May had a lot more.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

Wallace is as much of a buffon as Boris. Strange to my own ears as I say it, the only one that fills me with any sense of competence is actually Gove.

T00ts

I have lost count now of how many have resigned. Victoria Atkins - Home Office is the latest. It seems that the Conservatives are going to have to find someone to present to us as a new leader. Perhaps Boris would have done better to keep Dominic Cummings on side. PMQs will be interesting today and perhaps Starmer will find enough about him to let something show in his very dead eyes.