Sunak and Javid resign

Started by patman post, July 05, 2022, 06:45:28 PM

« previous - next »

B0ycey

Quote from: Nick on July 07, 2022, 05:29:10 AM
Think he's broken the record in all dept now.

He's also broken the record for insanity and that is no doubt. If you elect a clown and you get a circus and that is what we are witnessing. Dignity is completely out the window and he hasn't the ministers to fill the jobs. Even if he was to continue he couldn't do the job. But it seems he wants to get his arse thrown out the door rather than walk. So expect another broken record next week when the rules of the 1922 Committee change and MPs vote on his confidence.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 06, 2022, 03:23:07 PM
No, this is a record for the number of resignations in 24 hours, which goes back to 1932. This is a collapse of government solely brought on by Boris's insistence on personal survival, rather than acting in the best interests of the party and the country.
Think he's broken the record in all dept now. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on July 06, 2022, 09:18:48 PM
Gove sacked. He told Boris to resign but it was Gove who had to walk.
I would have loved to have been in that room ;D   

HDQQ

Quote from: Thomas on July 06, 2022, 07:22:46 PM
very soon we will have to add borkie  to the pappy smurf and quackers greatest political prediction bloopers thread. :D

I wonder if bojo will cling on to the bitter end and call a general election as has been touted? Wouldnt that be a riot if he actually held one and won? :D

mental.
If there's an election there's a strong chance Johnson could lose his seat, even in the unlikely event of the Tories winning the election.

An interesting situation would be if Gove refuses to go. I don't know if employment law covers government ministers and unfair dismissal but it would be entertaining to see Gove (who I don't like any more than Johnson) fighting back.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

T00ts

Gove sacked. He told Boris to resign but it was Gove who had to walk.

T00ts

Quote from: HDQQ on July 06, 2022, 08:33:50 PM
Johnson has just stated that he will not resign. Will those Tories who called for his resignation have the courage to take the internal Tory battle into Parliament and vote to bring down this government (for the sake of the country)?
Yes!

HDQQ

Johnson has just stated that he will not resign. Will those Tories who called for his resignation have the courage to take the internal Tory battle into Parliament and vote to bring down this government (for the sake of the country)?
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

cromwell

Whats cryptic about saying he's had it?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

cromwell

Quote from: Baff on July 06, 2022, 07:30:17 PM
Where he is now is the anassialble PM for the next 12 months with all the backstabbing rivals in his party out in the open and him about to dole out 30+ very well paid jobs to anyone willing to play ball with him.
Well you may think so imo he's had it.

Baff

Quote from: cromwell on July 06, 2022, 07:06:44 PM
Most people even not born them are aware of they think it's all over,I didn't mention whether I have or haven't found anything in that post re Johnson it's soley about where he is now.

Where he is now is the anassialble PM for the next 12 months with all the backstabbing rivals in his party out in the open and him about to dole out 30+ very well paid jobs to anyone willing to play ball with him.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on July 06, 2022, 07:11:36 PM
So what are you looking for in his replacement you havent found in him? Or are you just refusing to answer because you darent say what you really feel ?

I assume you will be back here in two years or so asking the same cryptic question "where did it all go wrong" without elaborating?

Hopefully we can leave you lot to get on with it .
I didn't say I was looking for anything in any replacement,what I did say was there's a dearth of talent in all the politicos,a lot of people think that.

Funny you never heard of they think it's all over but have fawlty towers aired just nine short years after the World Cup win.

Thomas

very soon we will have to add borkie  to the pappy smurf and quackers greatest political prediction bloopers thread. :D

I wonder if bojo will cling on to the bitter end and call a general election as has been touted? Wouldnt that be a riot if he actually held one and won? :D

mental.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on July 06, 2022, 07:19:45 PM
@Borchester

I hope you didn't forget we have a score on BoJo making it to 2024. Does your money feel safe?
:D

poor auld borkie. I keep telling him on this forum to stop the betting. Another pony down the pan ?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

B0ycey

@Borchester

I hope you didn't forget we have a score on BoJo making it to 2024. Does your money feel safe?