Sunak and Javid resign

Started by patman post, July 05, 2022, 06:45:28 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 07, 2022, 03:52:20 PM
Indeed he should be taken out over the Bristol Channel in a helicopter and .....well you know the rest
Perhaps Cardiff City could book him a pleasure flight. Or maybe his next summit travel requirements should be handled by Oldway Helicopters of Merthyr
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Nick on July 06, 2022, 11:44:33 AM
Thatcher, Blair and May all had more resignations than Boris, May had a lot more.
Can you list a 24-hour period for any of them when they haemorrhaged more support...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

My MP  Chris Phipp is a right tosser . Junior minister on various commitees over the years had gone very quiet over the last few days 
Hear on the wireless this morning that Johnson is (rumour has it ) going to resign and an hour later Phipp gives it the big one that he is resigning  , tosser 

Then proceeds to putting himself front and centre  for media interviews .  smarmy bastard .

Never trust a Tory 

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on July 07, 2022, 04:03:43 PM
I guess the senile old goat doesn't notice just how much trouble the Westminster party is in, they cannot muster enough votes between them to win a council seat without a general election. It is so bad they are doing deals so they can share out the voters who are left believing in them, although they are doing nothing of the kind wink wink.
@Sheepy Welcome back.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 07, 2022, 03:52:20 PM
Indeed he should be taken out over the Bristol Channel in a helicopter and .....well you know the rest
I guess the senile old goat doesn't notice just how much trouble the Westminster party is in, they cannot muster enough votes between them to win a council seat without a general election. It is so bad they are doing deals so they can share out the voters who are left believing in them, although they are doing nothing of the kind wink wink.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 07, 2022, 08:07:01 AM
I think the Commons has seen a Michael Heseltine moment.

What is now needed is the push to "Stop Heseltine At All Costs". Hopefully resulting in anyone except the Chancellor getting the job. Look what happenned last time !!

T00ts

We have had a predominately Brexit Government and while I understand the need for that there have been a number of talented people on the backbenches with Remain leanings. The question now will be will  the Conservatives split again now over Brexit with camps wanting an EU lite government and those with strong Brexit hopes. Forget Labour's intentions it could be a Brexit war all over again.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on July 07, 2022, 07:35:49 AM
:D

Its a close call between her and the enlightened elizabeth truss  i would think. The world must tremble at the thought of such a distinguished tory party leader and potential prime minister .

The bottom of that barrell must be scraped clean by now surely?

I think the Commons has seen a Michael Heseltine moment.

What is now needed is the push to "Stop Heseltine At All Costs". Hopefully resulting in anyone except the Chancellor getting the job. Look what happenned last time !!
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on July 07, 2022, 07:29:26 AM
nope. Guido pointed out the 1922 committee wouldnt even change the 12 month rule to oust him via another VONC. There are a number of decent mps , couragous intelligent people who see themsleves as servants of the peoples of these islands , but for the most part in that parliament , you are looking at treacherous cowards , most of whom are nothing more than benchwarming careerists out to feather their own nests.

Saying"for the sake of the country" doesnt compute in the minds of these snakes.

The 1922 Committee posts are up for re-election this week. I've no idea what will happen as soon as the new lot get in.

Thomas

Quote from: B0ycey on July 07, 2022, 06:30:07 AM
He's also broken the record for insanity and that is no doubt. If you elect a clown and you get a circus and that is what we are witnessing. Dignity is completely out the window and he hasn't the ministers to fill the jobs. Even if he was to continue he couldn't do the job. But it seems he wants to get his arse thrown out the door rather than walk. So expect another broken record next week when the rules of the 1922 Committee change and MPs vote on his confidence.
hang on boycey , lets just remind ourselves how the uk got here shall we before throwing recriminations about. The key period was the demcoracy denial in that parliament between 2016 - 2019 , and the results in my humble opinion so predictable.

so here we are.

I cant wait till starmer gets the pm seat. Its going to be hilarious watching the same people moan about how bad he is doing  , same as they did with johnson. Its going to take the uk / Ruk / England ( if thats whats left) to hit rock bottom , a mass clearout and change of politics including the way that parliament is elected before you see something like a respectable social democracy emerge to fit in alongside the rest of us europeans.

Until then , its swapping one muppet for another , and working our way through delusion by delusion. We are the laughing stock of the planet , from west to east , north to south , and its interesting to see the uk and usa  , with their dodgy two party systems , have extremely unstable governments in recent years.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 06, 2022, 11:47:20 PM
It's happening

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1636652/boris-johnson-suella-braverman-conservative-party-latest-news-ont

Leave means Leave.

Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag
:D

Its a close call between her and the enlightened elizabeth truss  i would think. The world must tremble at the thought of such a distinguished tory party leader and potential prime minister .

The bottom of that barrell must be scraped clean by now surely?

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on July 06, 2022, 11:05:33 PM
If there's an election there's a strong chance Johnson could lose his seat, even in the unlikely event of the Tories winning the election.

An interesting situation would be if Gove refuses to go. I don't know if employment law covers government ministers and unfair dismissal but it would be entertaining to see Gove (who I don't like any more than Johnson) fighting back.
Aye i saw that poll quackers.

Without going over another long and boring political synopsis of events past , johnson won the tories that last general election. We have the tory remainers wanting johnson out because of brexit , and the right wing tory erg wanting him out because brexit hasnt been pure enough , empire hasnt returned ,blah blah blah.

Im beginning to agree with auld borkie , i think the tories have just signed off their own death warrant if johnson is forced out.

Apart from brexit , which was as we know a ukip/brexit party bandwagon the tories jumped aboard , what appeal do they have to the majority of people? I would say very little.

It might be slightly premature , but i would say well done quackers , it looks like you are headed back into eu land by the back door pretty soon.

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on July 06, 2022, 08:33:50 PM
Johnson has just stated that he will not resign. Will those Tories who called for his resignation have the courage to take the internal Tory battle into Parliament and vote to bring down this government (for the sake of the country)?
nope. Guido pointed out the 1922 committee wouldnt even change the 12 month rule to oust him via another VONC. There are a number of decent mps , couragous intelligent people who see themsleves as servants of the peoples of these islands , but for the most part in that parliament , you are looking at treacherous cowards , most of whom are nothing more than benchwarming careerists out to feather their own nests.

Saying"for the sake of the country" doesnt compute in the minds of these snakes.

Streetwalker

Quote from: B0ycey on July 07, 2022, 06:41:47 AM
It wouldn't have mattered. If he didn't get the sack, he would have likely resigned. Just like the rest of the rats on the sinking ship. But I guess being told the truth hurts and Johnson got angry and found a scapegoat. If he was worried about snakes, he shouldn't have gone into politics. And certainly not joined the Conservative party. No, he knows the gig is up and is currently counting numbers to see if he has enough to survive a no confidence vote. But you don't need an abacus to see that he is f**ked and is merely going through the motions before getting sacked himself.
Hes a dead man walking for sure and the conservatives will need someone of talent not yet revealed to save them from political armegeddon . 

B0ycey

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 07, 2022, 05:24:20 AM
I would have loved to have been in that room ;D 
It wouldn't have mattered. If he didn't get the sack, he would have likely resigned. Just like the rest of the rats on the sinking ship. But I guess being told the truth hurts and Johnson got angry and found a scapegoat. If he was worried about snakes, he shouldn't have gone into politics. And certainly not joined the Conservative party. No, he knows the gig is up and is currently counting numbers to see if he has enough to survive a no confidence vote. But you don't need an abacus to see that he is fucked and is merely going through the motions before getting sacked himself.