Race or Armageddon?

Started by T00ts, July 08, 2022, 11:31:32 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on July 10, 2022, 11:16:29 AM
My precious brexit? not precious at all I just expected a vote to be honoured and accepted as I would were the result gone the other way.

why are his lies so shameless and in a class of their own? Bliar and his acolytes carry on regardless  it's all very well but what of the industrial scale and misery of deaths because he wanted to be part of Bush and his posse that brought a greater hatred and danger on to the people in the west.

Regards the press reporter all very poor but what of Dr David Kelly,still unanswered questions there.
Don't invite me to defend Blair. I hate him just as much as you do. Boris's lies are so shameless because so transparent and so constant about almost everything.

As for Blair and his acolytes carrying on regardless, none of them have been in power for a while and are just media commentators who will never go away a bit like Boris will be. One of my big disagreements with Starmer is in his willingness to listen to Blair and his gang. But none of them are prime minister, and thankfully neither will Boris be in the near future.

Political has beens cropping up in the media will never cease. Only death or senility ever silences them. They tend to be the go to rent a quotes.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on July 10, 2022, 11:21:01 AM
Problem being , it still is ,with little sight of the promised land.
LOL We have had slight detours in the journey and now a bit of a cul-de-sac.  

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on July 10, 2022, 11:14:38 AM
There you go! It was the devil or the deep blue at the time. Do you remember it was almost the only subject on everyone's minds? It had to be brought to an end.
Problem being , it still is ,with little sight of the promised land.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on July 10, 2022, 11:02:47 AM
Keir Starmer was the main driving force in Labour trying to thwart your precious Brexit. Though he is clearly not a man of integrity.

There are relatively few people of genuine integrity in public life, whether they be Remainers or Brexiteers. But the sheer industrial scale and utter shamelessness of Johnson's lies are in a class of their own.

A very high price to pay for the false dawn of Brexit. The Tories of course are themselves culpable in making him their leader when they surely all already knew about his huge character flaws. I mean his serial infidelities, the fact that he had already been sacked twice for lying, and conspiring with a friend to have a journalist beaten up were all already public knowledge when they voted for him
My precious brexit? not precious at all I just expected a vote to be honoured and accepted as I would were the result gone the other way.

why are his lies so shameless and in a class of their own? Bliar and his acolytes carry on regardless   it's all very well but what of the industrial scale and misery of deaths because he wanted to be part of Bush and his posse that brought a greater hatred and danger on to the people in the west.

Regards the press reporter all very poor but what of Dr David Kelly,still unanswered questions there.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on July 10, 2022, 11:09:27 AM
I suppose we have to count ourselves lucky , as that sounds as if just about anyone should have got a crack at running this country as long as Brexit was on their ticket.
Maybe Boris,,was merely a near thing when it comes to bad outcomes.
There you go! It was the devil or the deep blue at the time. Do you remember it was almost the only subject on everyone's minds? It had to be brought to an end.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on July 10, 2022, 11:02:47 AM
Keir Starmer was the main driving force in Labour trying to thwart your precious Brexit. Though he is clearly not a man of integrity.

There are relatively few people of genuine integrity in public life, whether they be Remainers or Brexiteers. But the sheer industrial scale and utter shamelessness of Johnson's lies are in a class of their own.

A very high price to pay for the false dawn of Brexit. The Tories of course are themselves culpable in making him their leader when they surely all already knew about his huge character flaws. I mean his serial infidelities, the fact that he had already been sacked twice for lying, and conspiring with a friend to have a journalist beaten up were all already public knowledge when they voted for him
The point is though that the Parliamentary party gave us a choice of two. Jeremy Hunt would not have given us even the Brexit we have got which is poor enough, and even now it is under threat from the proposed Leadership contestants. Boris was the maverick with the guts to go against the EU bullying and stand up to them. People like him are like that because they really don't care about many conventions but he had one job to do and that was why he broke the Red Wall. People could see that he had those attributes necessary.

I refuse to condemn him as a bad man. None of us is in a position to claim that of another and the naysayers have finally got their wish. They had just better be able to produce someone who is perfect to follow! Good luck with that.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on July 10, 2022, 10:58:28 AM
Actually yes I am. Not because I was a fan of him but he did get the job done that Westminster had prevaricated over for far too long. We were in a hole created by those who refused to accept the referendum vote and still don't and at that time there appeared only one way forward. It had to be taken there was no other choice.
I suppose we have to count ourselves lucky , as that sounds as if just about anyone should have got a crack at running this country as long as Brexit was on their ticket.
Maybe Boris,,was merely a near thing when it comes to bad outcomes.

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on July 10, 2022, 10:58:28 AM
Actually yes I am. Not because I was a fan of him but he did get the job done that Westminster had prevaricated over for far too long. We were in a hole created by those who refused to accept the referendum vote and still don't and at that time there appeared only one way forward. It had to be taken there was no other choice.
Your lot could have chosen a more suitable leader. That you didn't makes you culpable for the massive reputational damage he has done to your party, British politics, and to the nation on the international stage. You were blinded by your Brexit obsession to the point where nothing else mattered, certainly not integrity.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on July 10, 2022, 10:51:23 AM
I don't doubt your assessment  of Boris but can you point me in the direction of those with any integrity,public standards and honesty who sought openly or behind closed doors to deny a democratic vote?

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on July 10, 2022, 10:43:08 AM
Yes I saw it and Campbell has always been an arrogant, self appointed git and the ultimate Blairite. Have never been a fan.

And yes Blair lied over Iraq and the consequences of the lie were far worse in terms of loss of life, but nevertheless we have seen nothing in recent times that compares with the serial dishonesty about matters large and small from Boris, to the point where we can believe nothing he says even about trivial matters.

But of course his character flaws were obvious from the start, a matter of public knowledge. But millions voted for him anyway because they thought Brexit was more important than integrity. public standards, and honest government, and therefore voted to have this country's good name dragged through the mud on the international stage. We have become a laughing stock. I hope all of you who lent this lying charlatan your votes are proud of yourselves.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on July 10, 2022, 10:43:08 AM
Yes I saw it and Campbell has always been an arrogant, self appointed git and the ultimate Blairite. Have never been a fan.

And yes Blair lied over Iraq and the consequences of the lie were far worse in terms of loss of life, but nevertheless we have seen nothing in recent times that compares with the serial dishonesty about matters large and small from Boris, to the point where we can believe nothing he says even about trivial matters.

But of course his character flaws were obvious from the start, a matter of public knowledge. But millions voted for him anyway because they thought Brexit was more important than integrity. public standards, and honest government, and therefore voted to have this country's good name dragged through the mud on the international stage. We have become a laughing stock. I hope all of you who lent this lying charlatan your votes are proud of yourselves.
I don't doubt your assessment  of Boris but can you point me in the direction of those with any integrity,public standards and honesty who sought openly or behind closed doors to deny a democratic vote?

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on July 10, 2022, 10:08:11 AM
Regards QT did you watch the last one,Campbell constantly interrupting arrogant defence and threats of any who questioned re Bliars role in Iraq.

Compared to Boris who did do wrong but was a mere amateur in wrong doing compared to Bliar and Campbell.

T00ts

I suspect that the Conservatives are rapidly ruing the day. Nonentities led by nincompoops. Sadly they deserve whatever they get while the country becomes the last thing they consider. They are going to have to work hard to get my vote.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on July 10, 2022, 08:33:13 AM
Suella Braverman? Are you kidding us? lol.

She has made an utter fool of herself in recent months with her cravenly dishonest defences of Johnson's lies. She has been laughed at by Question Time audiences. She will not serve as a convincing change of direction re integrity and is probably one of those candidates Starmer would most like to see in charge.
Regards QT did you watch the last one,Campbell constantly interrupting arrogant defence and threats of any who questioned re Bliars role in Iraq.

Compared to Boris who did do wrong but was a mere amateur in wrong doing compared to Bliar and Campbell.

Good old

It's hard to be more than pessimistic, in regard to who gets to run our affairs in the near future. Including a change of government
It's openly admitted even by the Tories themselves that we are actually in a very bad place, and I for one believe them ,though on little else.
So it's hard to be enthusiastic for any of the candidates of this basically split party. In the first place, it's Boris, gone but so many candidates should have gone with him as he only ever stood so long on their unwavering support. Beyond  that is the fact that for all the complications involved in our entry into deep shite, it's still Brexit, and will we, won't we tax, that is being waved about as if those two issues are the key to stopping our continuing decline.
In twelve years so called Tory values have been scrambled , it should be a new face with a new agenda, if it's to stand a chance of change for good and better. They don't have my trust but the country needs a wise decision.