Dream ticket?

Started by T00ts, July 10, 2022, 12:53:39 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on July 26, 2022, 11:04:11 AM
I don't think the french much care,
But they obviously do politically. Plain as day, but then until a real disaster befalls the EU it will carry on.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: GerryT on July 26, 2022, 11:04:11 AM
I don't think the french much care, its a low priority for them. So what if the uk has waiting time at airports and ports. Its what you voted for, taking back control.
Some of us of course didn't vote for that but are still stuck with it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on July 26, 2022, 10:29:52 AM
I doubt it, or they wouldn't have been put up to it in the first place, with the obvious reaction it was designed for.
I don't think the french much care, its a low priority for them. So what if the uk has waiting time at airports and ports. Its what you voted for, taking back control.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on July 26, 2022, 10:18:53 AMI'm sure the French are quaking in their boots.
I doubt it, or they wouldn't have been put up to it in the first place, with the obvious reaction it was designed for. 

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2022, 09:06:18 AMA system you blamed for the holdups hasn't even started yet, and I'm sure nobody on the UK side will even ask the question. They scan the passport, match the photo and check the results from the scan, less than a minute
I never said the EES system was to blame. I said that Brexit and the failure of the UK govt to bolster the dover port are to blame. Another poster brought up EES, I was just discussing it. But the EES system could cost further delays, time will tell.

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2022, 09:06:18 AMYou do realise the officers on the Dover side are the French, and they didn't provide enough.
That's still a UK problem, you need to sort out your ports, it's not their responsibility to sort the UK problem.  The UK decided not to invest the money that the port authorities said was needed (a long time ago) to accommodate all the extra checks the UK voted for with Brexit. Stop blaming eveyrone else and start owning your own problem.

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2022, 09:06:18 AMI've on had 2 reasons to go to France in recent times. One for the Rugby World Cup and two when I fly through CDG, I won't be going for a holiday I can assure you.
I'm sure the French are quaking in their boots.

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on July 26, 2022, 09:18:31 AM
One part of my skill-set is to realise that Hackney is nowhere near Brixton.

I got to know this when using the library at Society for Co-operation in Russian and Soviet Studies on Brixton road some years ago...
Dancing Dancing Dancing 

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on July 26, 2022, 09:18:31 AM

I got to know this when using the library at Society for Co-operation in Russian and Soviet Studies on Brixton road some years ago...
So, you don't actually have one then.

patman post

Quote from: Sheepy on July 26, 2022, 08:33:15 AM
But then you have been threatening to leave Brixton since before the referendum you are still here. There must be plenty of places around the world who could do with your particular skill set, which is actually what?

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on July 26, 2022, 09:08:39 AM
And as explained to Gerry, the staff at security are French, and they didn't send enough.
Which backed up by the fact, that when they did finally turn up it cleared rather quickly. Not saying they picked on the right moment when they knew school holidays were upon us, but they did it on purpose with a purpose. 

Nick

Quote from: patman post on July 25, 2022, 12:07:29 PMPredicting last weekend's surge in traffic didn't need a crystal ball — just a bit of foresight.
And as explained to Gerry, the staff at security are French, and they didn't send enough.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on July 25, 2022, 05:04:41 PM
The EES system was due on line in June this yr. An article in the Guardian, 2 days ago, said when that comes on line in Dover that more problems are expected until it gets fully integrated. If you look dodgy they can check your funds, car etc.. If you can't prove you have the funds, then you don't get in. That's what being a 3rd country means.
just because you, on business, weren't stopped or questioned doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's the thing about raising the draw bridge to keep out the pesky foreigners, it also keeps the people of the UK in.
I had to prove I had sufficient funds going into Australia in 1989.
Dover is not setup adequately to manage all the time, once there is a peak in travellers then the ques build, and that is how it will be, until the UK fix the UK problem at dover, the port authorities have estimated 30m, which they haven't got and requested years ago. It's no surprise there are such problems.
A system you blamed for the holdups hasn't even started yet, and I'm sure nobody on the UK side will even ask the question. They scan the passport, match the photo and check the results from the scan, less than a minute
You do realise the officers on the Dover side are the French, and they didn't provide enough.

I've on had 2 reasons to go to France in recent times. One for the Rugby World Cup and two when I fly through CDG, I won't be going for a holiday I can assure you.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on July 25, 2022, 10:20:51 PM
In six years our two princesses will be almost adults.

By then, I'd hoped all my and Mrs P's graft over the years would  have provided a launching pad for them to lift themselves off and become useful and worthwhile members of a world that has enough problems to cope with, without drawing up animosities, bigotry and xenophobias of the past.

I suspect our futures will likely be elsewhere...**

**Than the UK, rather than the World — though who knows...?

But then you have been threatening to leave Brixton since before the referendum you are still here. There must be plenty of places around the world who could do with your particular skill set, which is actually what?

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on July 25, 2022, 10:12:23 PM
But when's when...?
When the conservatives stop arguing amoungst themselves and get on with it 

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on July 25, 2022, 08:15:30 PM
Mmh, tricky.

All the Brexiters I know voted for their country while the Remainers voted for their wallets. It is hard to explain the one to the other
Not sure what you mean here . . .
The Brexiters' propaganda promised how much money would be saved by not being in the EU, so we'd all be better off? 
When I voted Remain I voted for my country and for its future in the modern world, in preference to voting for a regression to a fantasy recreation of the past inspired by Alf Garnett.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 25, 2022, 10:40:30 PM
Right. So as a blonde (ok these days grey / white but it USED to be ... Six foot something blue eyed Viking with an IQ of 142 (well it was when the hair was blonde)........
It's the mind that attracts JOG! You can always dye or wear a hat!  ;D