Dream ticket?

Started by T00ts, July 10, 2022, 12:53:39 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on July 11, 2022, 08:25:57 AM
You sometimes have to take what Borky says with a large barrel of salt,also it's not as if ridiculous statements aren't made by those who voted remain about leave voters is it? ;)
This is a classic exanple of whataboutery in response to my comments about extremist Leave comments from Borchester.

It is typical "what about Remainers? Are they not just as bad?"

If that is not an example of whataboutery from you I don't know what is.

We can all be guilty of whataboutery on occasions. I know I have recently in referencing Nadine Dorries in a thread about Diane Abbot.

But we should at least be honest enough with ourselves and each other to not try and obfuscate and deny our own examples of it. Had you acknowledged your whataboutery for what it is but argued that the comparison was not unreasonable for whatever reason, we'd have long since continued on our merry way in this debate.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on July 11, 2022, 10:23:19 AM
You will still be waiting for it to go your way when we board the place up.
Last time I looked at my High St, it looked like the boarding up was already quiet advanced.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on July 11, 2022, 10:21:56 AM
Yes we have heard it all before. And all that it needs now is for the  consequences of that honest democratic opinion  to be shaped into a definite benefit for this country.  Waiting.!

You will still be waiting for it to go your way when we board the place up.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on July 11, 2022, 10:15:47 AM
It is like this, the populists turned out more people for a referendum that the Westminster party could only dream of having that many voters between them, they have argued about it ever since and still let the EU control the process, that either stops right now or no more Westminster party.

Yes we have heard it all before. And all that it needs now is for the  consequences of that honest democratic opinion  to be shaped into a definite benefit for this country.  Waiting.! 

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on July 11, 2022, 10:09:41 AM
More like watching a serious car crash , and not being able to prevent it. And that's not a referral to Brexit as such, more  to do with making Brexit the bonus it was supposed to be. The only gamble was Brexit itself.,my only disappointment is to see that Brexit , is still not fully resolved, and still has the power to break into almost any debate.

It is like this, the populists turned out more people for a referendum that the Westminster party could only dream of having that many voters between them, they have argued about it ever since and still let the EU control the process, that either stops right now or no more Westminster party. 

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on July 11, 2022, 10:03:31 AM
Laughable attempt at evasion. I was accusing you of it when in response to my cooments about Borchester's extremism towards Remainers, you hit back with some shite about Remainers being just as bad. Classic whataboutery that I called you out on which you are laughably trying to pin on me.

Debate honestly with me Cromwell or don't bother at all.
Whether you wish to respond to my posts is entirely up to you but if your idea of debate is to label my thoughts as shite it says more about you and perhaps it'd be better if you didn't.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on July 11, 2022, 09:49:52 AM
I get the feeling come September you are going to be sorely disappointed. But then by now you should be used to it, it must feel like a gambler thinking when will this losing streak ever end.

More like watching a serious car crash , and not being able to prevent it. And that's not a referral to Brexit as such, more  to do with making Brexit the bonus it was supposed to be. The only gamble was Brexit itself.,my only disappointment is to see that Brexit , is still not fully resolved, and still has the power to break into almost any debate.

Sheepy

Quote from: Good old on July 11, 2022, 09:55:17 AMMost likely become like you, more intrenched in supporting their own interests.
What like setting up a backdoor way of controlling UK policy, they already tried that. Now we won't give any of you a mandate for anything.

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on July 11, 2022, 09:44:47 AMI never mentioned whataboutery till you did
Laughable attempt at evasion. I was accusing you of it when in response to my cooments about Borchester's extremism towards Remainers, you hit back with some shite about Remainers being just as bad. Classic whataboutery that I called you out on which you are laughably trying to pin on me.

Debate honestly with me Cromwell or don't bother at all.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Good old on July 11, 2022, 09:48:05 AM
Well if you look at this thread right now you would think ,the dream ticket, was referring to Brexit.
Just a bit of gossip I would think but the talk is of a TV debate for these party candidates.WHAT.Puke
It's hard to escape the link between the two,Boris won the leadership on the brexit ticket and now he's all but gone people look to see if that will be continued,looking at some candidates that's not a given and not helped by silly old has beens like Heseltine.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Good old

Quote from: Nick on July 11, 2022, 09:52:53 AM
We'll ask yourself 2 questions.

What would the EU do if the French were not allowed to fish in U.K. waters?

And

What would the EU do if the U.K. said... The U.K. is having no internet border or customs checks, there is a border between NI and SI what are YOU going to do about it?

Most likely become like you, more intrenched in supporting their own interests.

Nick

Quote from: Good old on July 11, 2022, 09:33:06 AM
If your solution was so very easy to do, without inviting more severe complications. Don't you think our Brexit positive government would have done it? Every thing has a price. And until that price is worth paying enough to actually pay it you don't have a good purchase.
We'll ask yourself 2 questions. 

What would the EU do if the French were not allowed to fish in U.K. waters?

And

What would the EU do if the U.K. said... The U.K. is having no internet border or customs checks, there is a border between NI and SI what are YOU going to do about it?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

If your solution was so very easy to do, without inviting more severe complications. Don't you think our Brexit positive government would have done it? Every thing has a price. And until that price is worth paying enough to actually pay it you don't have a good purchase.
I get the feeling come September you are going to be sorely disappointed. But then by now you should be used to it, it must feel like a gambler thinking when will this losing streak ever end.

Good old

Well if you look at this thread right now you would think ,the dream ticket, was referring to Brexit.
Just a bit of gossip I would think but the talk is of a TV debate for these party candidates.WHAT.Puke

Baff

The price in this example is predominantly having to face off with the EU elements in our own society.
A government seeking to make compromise with those who voted remain is hamstrung in it's ability to hard negotiate with the EU.