why isn't Steve Barclay running for PM ?

Started by Borchester, July 11, 2022, 04:47:45 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: HDQQ on July 12, 2022, 10:41:46 AM
Not sure that having a posh 'deputy head boy' type in charge would be any better than having a posh bad-boy like we have now.
Tend to agree , the bad boy is always going to be a better PM .  Barclay just isnt high profile enough , though it doesnt seem to have stopped at least half a dozen other nobodies  throwing their hats in . 

Maybe he is just confident the bigger job awaits at a better  time 

HDQQ

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 12, 2022, 03:11:40 AM
I did see a headline somewhere suggesting Rees Mogg was wondering whether to be a sort of Boris Continuity Candidate.

Not sure that having a posh 'deputy head boy' type in charge would be any better than having a posh bad-boy like we have now.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

I did see a headline somewhere suggesting Rees Mogg was wondering whether to be a sort of Boris Continuity Candidate.

I noted yesterday Boris declined to endorse any of the runners stating he did not wish to ruin their chances. I may have to review my opinion of him: he seems to have finally understood what a toxic T@@@ he had become.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on July 11, 2022, 05:11:04 PM
What's up Borky?
Penny Mordaunt too ugly for you to face the prospect of seeing her on the news for the next 2 years?
Steve Barclay more your type, is he?
;D

Damn it all, you have to admit that Steve has a certain rugged charm :)
Algerie Francais !

Barry

What's up Borky?
Penny Mordaunt too ugly for you to face the prospect of seeing her on the news for the next 2 years?
Steve Barclay more your type, is he?
;D
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Maybe saving the environment by eschewing plastic inflatables for the real thing is not thought to be an obvious vote winner...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

He seems a decent enough bloke and even if he has an underage catamite in the background, that should not worry anyone these days.

And what has happened to Rees Mogg ?

To be honest, I am not impressed by the current field
Algerie Francais !