Tory leadership front runners

Started by srb7677, July 12, 2022, 12:22:18 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 06:50:23 PM
As i said, the delusion is strong with these Tory paid up members.
If you think that a man who has cheated the country, has lied to the Queen, has lied to parliament, has held parties in a lockdown and been fined for it, is above anything else in Westminster you really are having a laugh.

Well he gave us a few laughs, which is a bloody sight more then Sunak, Truss Starmer and whomever is running the Limp Dicks are likely to do.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 23, 2022, 10:45:07 AM
Is this personal attack a reaction to my signature?
1. That's a strawman.
2. I never said I have any moral high ground.
3. How many of the biblical teachings do you choose not to follow, Nick? What's the relevance to the thread?
Firstly, where is the personal attack? None intended. 

You suggested it was ok that you broke lockdown rules cause you didn't make the rules, how do you know you didn't asymptomatically pass Covid onto someone who subsequently died?

I don't follow any biblical teachings, I'm a heathen. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Quote from: Nick on July 23, 2022, 03:40:31 AM
1.'I committed murder but it's ok cause I didn't make those rules'
2. More than likely his cabinet made those rules based on the science but you feel you have the moral high ground to call him out?
3. How many of the biblical teachings do you choose not to follow? Bit is a weak argument I think Barry.
Is this personal attack a reaction to my signature?
1. That's a strawman.
2. I never said I have any moral high ground.
3. How many of the biblical teachings do you choose not to follow, Nick? What's the relevance to the thread?

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 10:06:20 PM
I bet you have an "I'm backing Boris" T shirt on now, don't you T00ts! ;D

I stopped backing the lying philanderer many months back.
Don't confuse my trying to be a bit even handed with support of his morals. Those are for higher judgement than mine. What I do recognise is that he towers above most others with his political acumen. No I don't have his T on but I do want the best for the country and the offerings at present are very narrow in their thinking compared to him. He was the best of a bad job against Jeremy Hunt, and he once again trounces Sunak and Truss. If you are going to judge by morals then I would question both contestants.

Sheepy

Quote from: srb7677 on July 23, 2022, 08:09:50 AM
Nick, you are part of a diminishing minority in this country in your inability to recognise the atrocious unacceptability of Boris's conduct. The majority of us are with Barry on this one.
I never much cared about his partying personally, but then I didn't tell people one thing and do the opposite myself, while my mates made fortunes from government contracts at the same time. While keeping it going by fearmongering the plebs. Now if you are going to say feck you and your populism don't expect us to take it lying down like some good follower of Westminster fashion. You will just find you have no voters left.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on July 23, 2022, 03:40:31 AM
'I committed murder but it's ok cause I didn't make those rules'
More than likely his cabinet made those rules based on the science but you feel you have the moral high ground to call him out?
How many of the biblical teachings do you choose not to follow? Bit is a weak argument I think Barry.
Nick, you are part of a diminishing minority in this country in your inability to recognise the atrocious unacceptability of Boris's conduct. The majority of us are with Barry on this one.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 09:38:36 PM
Yes, cheated the country by making laws and ignoring them himself.

Johnson denies lying to Queen over Parliament suspension
B
oris denied it, so he did lie. The supreme court reversed it, remember?

As a God fearing man I can tell you I broke lockdown rules. However, I neither made those rules, nor did I agree with them.
I've never been a "screaming blue".
Where am I now - Politically homeless in Sheerness, but the local conservative MP, Gordon Henderson seems my type of voter in the HoC.
'I committed murder but it's ok cause I didn't make those rules'
More than likely his cabinet made those rules based on the science but you feel you have the moral high ground to call him out?
How many of the biblical teachings do you choose not to follow? Bit is a weak argument I think Barry. 

Baff

Quote from: HDQQ on July 13, 2022, 11:19:21 PM
I thought most Tory Party members wanted Johnson out.

Seems very unlikely.
Boris is popular with the public the donors and the party members.
The other MP's however never liked him.

It's been this way his entire political career.

Barry

I bet you have an "I'm backing Boris" T shirt on now, don't you T00ts! ;D

I stopped backing the lying philanderer many months back.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 22, 2022, 09:38:36 PM

B

As a God fearing man I can tell you I broke lockdown rules. However, I neither made those rules, nor did I agree with them.
Where am I now - Politically homeless in Sheerness, but the local conservative MP, Gordon Henderson seems my type of voter in the HoC.
It is possible that he was advised that his action in proroguing parliament was ok by those responsible for the legal situation, and advised the Queen accordingly. Just because you didn't make the laws or agree with them doesn't absolve you and the fact that the Government instigated those rules doesn't mean that once again he wasn't ill advised and set up for the photo, purportedly taken from the treasury office. Too many incidences! Something smells very unpleasant in all this.

Barry

Quote from: Nick on July 22, 2022, 08:33:27 PM
Cheated the country?

Any FACTS about Boris lying to the Queen.

As a god fearing man can you honestly say that you obeyed every single lockdown rule and didn't once see a family member or friend when you shouldn't have? Fines mean you just got caught (shopped).

It's only 10 minutes ago you were a screaming blue, where are you now Barry?

B

† The end is nigh †

Nick

If you think that a man who has cheated the country, has lied to the Queen, has lied to parliament, has held parties in a lockdown and been fined for it, is above anything else in Westminster you really are having a laugh.
Cheated the country?

Any FACTS about Boris lying to the Queen.

As a god fearing man can you honestly say that you obeyed every single lockdown rule and didn't once see a family member or friend when you shouldn't have? Fines mean you just got caught (shopped). 

It's only 10 minutes ago you were a screaming blue, where are you now Barry?

T00ts

You make him sound like the epitome of evil. Don't you feel at all that this is exactly what we have been led to believe? He has misjudged, he has been a maverick in a role that demanded it. He has I believe had all against him because they do not wish to let Brexit succeed and they feel that any of the other contestants would be easier to control. Starmer backed by Blair certainly will be.  I think it demeaning of all those who have stood in Westminster and elsewhere  and called him names both to his face and behind his back for no other reason than to fulfil their own agenda. I believe this country is all the poorer not just for his loss but also for the way it has been done.   This is not an evil man.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on July 22, 2022, 11:05:05 AM
Here's one for you

Your Govt changed the law so that employers can employee temporary staff to fill positions of striking employees. And this is from the man that was preaching to P&O ferries not so long ago.

https://twitter.com/KwasiKwarteng/status/1550081224890351617?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1550081224890351617%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fdiscussion%2F2058058007%2Fgeneral-british-politics-discussion-thread%2Fp192

Is this a benefit of brexit, the chipping away of workers rights begins.
😂 You're preaching to the wrong person here Gerry, I'd make unions illegal and strikes doubly so.
You sign a contract of employment and you honour it, unless it is in your contract there is no right to a pay rise.
Negotiate a better contract and stop complaining.

When you were interviewed for your job Gerry did you talk about salary, hours etc? Did you discuss the opportunities for advancement? Did you discuss annual pay rises: I bet you didn't discuss the latter, so why do you think you're entitled to one? Because things in your life got more expensive... Well guess what, things in your employers life got equally expensive, but they don't have a bunch of left wing trilobites whipping up tensions merely to collect more subs from gullible people like you. Look at how the NUM serviced their members, hung them out to dry like a set of dishcloths. Scargill had a net worth of over a million quid, hated more than Thatcher!!

BTW, P&O workers were sacked and replaced with Indian workers on £1.80 an hour, please explain how this illegal act is in anyway parallel to the U.K. law change? 

Sampanviking

I heard Truss claim that she stood up to Lavrov.
What happened is that he set a trap for her and she blundered straight in, through woeful lack of geographic knowledge.
Lavrov made her look lightweight and a fool and didnt even need to break a sweat.

Thank god Lavrov did not take her seriously as what she said was technically a declaration of war!