Tory leadership front runners

Started by srb7677, July 12, 2022, 12:22:18 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Sampanviking on July 18, 2022, 12:20:51 PM
God what a depressing choice

Sunak - the business as usual candidate there to look out for big money. Links to US and family offshore tax status (easily reinstated) pretty much ensures US interest sell out Shill as well

Truss - Rabid Neocon and no doubt vie-ing to cement status as Washingtons "man" in London

Tugendhat - Rabid Neocon and Tel Aviv's man in London - likes to trade on military career, but actually only an officer in Territorials which makes him nothing more than Captain Mainwaring.

Badenock - don't know much about her but seems keen on burnishing neo-con credentials

Mordent - Best you say is that she is the "none of the above" candidate

Talk about rearranging the Deckchairs...........

Truss wants to reduce taxes, Tommy Tugendhat want to rejoin the EU  and Kemi Badenock is nice,

Uninspiring bunch.

Mod notice
Comment removed.
Algerie Francais !

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 02:35:58 PM
They are PMs in waiting not Presidents. I don't see how they can move policy much without a manifesto in a GE. Surely they are pretty much hide bound by the one they were elected on?

Of course they are not presidents elect. Just trying to come across as such, with their national TV debates.
So what is going to change if they don't make changes within policies already set ? One wants to tax another doesn't, one wants to borrow, another doesn't. Carry on folks, you are in a fine mess, or didn't you know, something beyond that and a new face needs to change. A state of affairs that might satisfy the faithful, or does it ? If nothing else these so called debates have highlighted just how many decisions there are in even Boris,s clique as to what following a mandate actually means, and who has been paying lip service without real conviction.

T00ts

Quote from: Good old on July 18, 2022, 02:28:45 PM
If the proposed policy was more exciting and convincing than the individuals it would help.
More tax, less tax, more borrowing , less borrowing. Same old same old. All been tried. All basics,. And all we hear from them.
Only ever effective whatever the choice if tied to some good solid policy for growth . But none of that
Just putting forward one of the above is all they seem to offer as if pick the right one and all our troubles will disappear. In the right hands ,any of those options could work ,but only when used on the right policy. And that's not forthcoming.
They are PMs in waiting not Presidents. I don't see how they can move policy much without a manifesto in a GE. Surely they are pretty much hide bound by the one they were elected on?

Good old

If the proposed policy was more exciting and convincing than the individuals it would help.
More tax, less tax, more borrowing , less borrowing. Same old same old. All been tried. All basics,. And all we hear from them.
 Only ever effective whatever the choice if tied to some good solid policy for growth . But none of that 
Just putting forward one of the above is all they seem to offer as if pick the right one and all our troubles will disappear. In the right hands ,any of those options could work ,but only when used on the right policy. And that's not forthcoming.

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 12:36:50 PM
I saw it as Tussauds moving the waxworks about.
Who'll melt in this weather ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on July 18, 2022, 12:20:51 PM

Sunak - the business as usual candidate there to look out for big money. Links to US and family offshore tax status (easily reinstated) pretty much ensures US interest sell out Shill as well

Truss - Rabid Neocon and no doubt vie-ing to cement status as Washingtons "man" in London

Tugendhat - Rabid Neocon and Tel Aviv's man in London - likes to trade on military career, but actually only an officer in Territorials which makes him nothing more than Captain Mainwaring.

Badenock - don't know much about her but seems keen on burnishing neo-con credentials

I saw it as Tussauds moving the waxworks about.

Sampanviking

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Good old

Quote from: Sheepy on July 14, 2022, 01:06:58 PM
It seems to me they are all threatening to put right Boris failures, take your pick good old.

No ! You go first :) 

johnofgwent

And then there were five 
Sunak 101, Mordaunt 83, Truss 64 are the important three

The two also ran's haven't realised they're dead yet.

The attorney general is out

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

It seems to me they are all threatening to put right Boris failures, take your pick good old.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Well I listened to Morduants pitch.

Unlike Sunak who seems to think only Indians with non Dom status should reap tax reliefs, PM is offering a day one 50% vat on fuel reduction and increases in line with inflation on basic rate and middle income taxpayers.

Of course, how her chancellor is going to deliver that, and what else has to give to do that, matters.

But as a basic rate tax payer whose been royally rogered by Sunaks ....ing about, I'm all in favour.

Mod notice.
Edited to remove offensive word.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on July 14, 2022, 11:20:38 AM
It seems like support for Truss is gathering momentum. She is currently my least favourite of the six remaining candidates.

I believe either Sudak or Mordaunt would be best...
There are stories today that  if they are even half true puts Sunak in a very bad place in terms of his suitability. If they are not true then I expect legal action. I am coming to the feeling that the Conservatives require a time in opposition - much as I personally would hate it. They need to clear the dross and find what they stand for. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11011441/Sunaks-deny-campaigns-cahoots-Dominic-Cummings-writes-ANDREW-PIERCE.html

Good old

Quote from: patman post on July 14, 2022, 11:20:38 AM
It seems like support for Truss is gathering momentum. She is currently my least favourite of the six remaining candidates.

Truss has had her media moment this  morning as Mordaunt, did yesterday.  It's all about exposure it seems at the minute.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...