Tory leadership front runners

Started by srb7677, July 12, 2022, 12:22:18 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 19, 2022, 09:34:08 AM
This is the problem with the whole process that the conservatives have installed as their means of choosing a new leader . It doesn't work for anyone outside of Parliament . They will do a hatchet job on Sunaks opponent and that will be that , they may as well just appoint him now  and be done with it .

We may as well have stayed in the EU if this is how we are going to choose our  law makers

I have no doubt at all that the vote will be doctored to get an opponent to Sunak that he feels confident he can beat. The whole process stinks.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on July 18, 2022, 09:45:08 PM
Unfortunately, Sunak appears to have such a large following amongst MPs that he seems almost certain to be one of the last two. Who he is up against is what seems to be up for grabs.
This is the problem with the whole process that the conservatives have installed as their means of choosing a new leader . It doesn't work for anyone outside of Parliament . They will do a hatchet job on Sunaks opponent and that will be that , they may as well just appoint him now  and be done with it .

We may as well have stayed in the EU if this is how we are going to choose our  law makers 

Nick

Quote from: Barry on July 18, 2022, 05:37:13 PM
I take it we have some paid up members on the panel. Who will you be voting for then?
No, why?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sampanviking

Thank God Tugenhat is out, it really would have been a new hell if he had won Puke

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on July 18, 2022, 09:45:08 PM
Unfortunately, Sunak appears to have such a large following amongst MPs that he seems almost certain to be one of the last two. Who he is up against is what seems to be up for grabs.
True, but he still has to sell himself to the grassroots.

The trouble is that he (wait for it, wait for it......................................) so bloody colourless. He doesn't smoke, drink or as far as is known, chase young women. In fact, were it not for his ability to pull billionaires' daughters, he would be just a good book keeper gone wrong.

It will be interesting if Kemi Badenoch made it to the finals. That would give the party of two really dark horses :)
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 18, 2022, 08:15:44 PM
Glad Tugenhat has been ditched though Im not a fan of any that are left I would see Truss the lib dem and Sunak the backstabber go before the  members get to vote for their favourite
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Glad Tugenhat has been ditched though Im not a fan of any that are left I would see Truss the lib dem and Sunak the backstabber go before the  members get to vote for their favourite 

Good old

There seems little doubt that Mordaunt is the odd one out, certainly if you note the fact that the three with the highest following around her have all stuck their knives into her, all having served their master Boris, until the ground fell away from around their own feet.
This would indicate she probably is the only one likely to make much change to the make up and direction of this party.
Because of this I find it hard to see how Mordaunt,will be put to the membership by a parliamentary party that never really could see what it was Boris, was guilty of.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 05:25:55 PM
You can't be serious. This is not the right time for either Kemi or Tom. Neither give the impression that they would stand up to the dark arts of Whitehall. I loathe him but Rishi has dark arts written all the way through him, Truss isn't far behind. I would imagine both will give as good they get. The others? They are vote fodder trying to make a future name supported by those who know full well they won't make the grade but have their own agendas.
I don't want any more debates unless they are free without the tight restrictive presentation that suits the media but simply hogties the debaters to a point that it becomes ridiculous.

I'm with Mordaunt.

I saw her over the weekend giving whoever that stupid woman who stood in for Andrew Marr a fulsome kick in the nadgers over the whole circus

As Mordaunt said "the public have got a while month of this' ....

If I were a party member of three months standing that alone would convince me to vote for her
As for TT the TiT (go see my post on his campaign logo) I think you're being a tad harsh with Barry. He hasn't got a chance, of course, but I did like his takedown if that same bloody BBC woman. 

I forgot that Sunak also got a fine and is therefore also a law breaker which gives a new light to the clearly loaded question "would you serve under a law breaker" and TT threw back the statement " you're just attacking Sunak" but did rather smartly answer the question with "well, I haven't with the current one"

He's good. He might have practiced with a mirror all day and all night the day before, but I liked the way he handled her. Gave as good as he got, and more.

It won't be enough but I liked that.

Compare him to Corbyn's Shadow Home Secretary for a sample.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2022, 05:31:38 PM
I will not be voting for Sunak, treacherous and out of touch. 
I take it we have some paid up members on the panel. Who will you be voting for then?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2022, 05:31:38 PM
Agreed treacherous and on the make for power. I have already told my MP that I cannot vote for them with him as leader. My hope is that enough others are bending MP's ears in the same way. Just listening to the motion for confidence in the Government. Boris in his element of course with a veiled promise (threat) of disclosures of the last few weeks, in the future . We'll see.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on July 18, 2022, 05:25:55 PM
You can't be serious. This is not the right time for either Kemi or Tom. Neither give the impression that they would stand up to the dark arts of Whitehall. I loathe him but Rishi has dark arts written all the way through him, Truss isn't far behind. I would imagine both will give as good they get. The others? They are vote fodder trying to make a future name supported by those who know full well they won't make the grade but have their own agendas.
I don't want any more debates unless they are free without the tight restrictive presentation that suits the media but simply hogties the debaters to a point that it becomes ridiculous.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 18, 2022, 05:09:08 PM
I think Truss and Sunak are fed up with giving the limelight to the more intelligent candidates, particularly Kemi B and Tom Tit. After all, they are likely to improve their standing. Rishi and Truss can only go downhill.
Why didn't Sky News say "OK if you withdraw, but we will still run it for the other candidates and there will be an empty chair with your names on it.
You'd be forgiven for thinking they are in on a plan.
You can't be serious. This is not the right time for either Kemi or Tom. Neither give the impression that they would stand up to the dark arts of Whitehall. I loathe him but Rishi has dark arts written all the way through him, Truss isn't far behind. I would imagine both will give as good they get. The others? They are vote fodder trying to make a future name supported by those who know full well they won't make the grade but have their own agendas. 

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 18, 2022, 04:09:39 PM
TV debate cancelled

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62206727
I think Truss and Sunak are fed up with giving the limelight to the more intelligent candidates, particularly Kemi B and Tom Tit. After all, they are likely to improve their standing. Rishi and Truss can only go downhill.
Why didn't Sky News say "OK if you withdraw, but we will still run it for the other candidates and there will be an empty chair with your names on it.
You'd be forgiven for thinking they are in on a plan.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>