Tory leadership front runners

Started by srb7677, July 12, 2022, 12:22:18 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on July 19, 2022, 03:11:11 PM
I think that they are the same person, but when I suggested that the mods got out their blue pencils out.

Not a bad bunch the moderators, but rather timid and sad
And I think you'll find you're pushing your luck.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on July 19, 2022, 03:11:11 PM
I think that they are the same person, but when I suggested that the mods got out their blue pencils out.

I think you will find that they are two different people. 

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on July 19, 2022, 02:53:06 PM
You and Hallowed Brexit really should have a beer together, you might cancel each other out. Dancing

Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Sean on July 19, 2022, 02:45:53 PM
Hopefully the tory old guard will play as expected and vote Kemi Badenoch out. Keir will then have one foot in the door to Number Ten. Penny Mordaunt appears to have nothing more than a slightly photogenic appeal and curves for the gammons to lap up. I see nothing for Labour to fear .Another imbecile in the vein of Liz Truss. Start preparing for government Keir , and planning the unravelling of the brexit disaster that has plagued our wonderfull country these past years.
You and Hallowed Brexit really should have a beer together, you might cancel each other out. Dancing
† The end is nigh †

Sean

Hopefully the tory old guard will play as expected and vote Kemi Badenoch out. Keir will then have one foot in the door to Number Ten. Penny Mordaunt appears to have nothing more than a slightly photogenic appeal and curves for the gammons to lap up. I see nothing for Labour to fear .Another imbecile in the vein of Liz Truss. Start preparing for government Keir , and planning the unravelling of the brexit disaster that has plagued our wonderfull country these past years.

Borchester

Quote from: Sean on July 19, 2022, 10:28:26 AM
As a Labour supporter , i am extremely happy with how the leadership farce in the tory party is panning out. On the face of it , Sunak looks a shoe in . I would be happy with either him , lazy Mordaunt ,or the hapless Truss. Badenoch is untried , untested  ,but would probably be the greatest threat to Keir becoming the next Prime Minister. She appears very eloquent and composed.
Once one of the hapless three are elected  , Keir should go on and win the next General Election. Take our country back into the EU where it belongs.Christmas has come very early for us pro Europeans in the Labour party .

That Arab bunch (whose name I can never remember), had done a poll that suggests that Sunak might not make it and Mordaunt might be the next PM. Probably bollocks, but the Tories like stong, no nonsense women, so we shall see.
Algerie Francais !

Sean

As a Labour supporter , i am extremely happy with how the leadership farce in the tory party is panning out. On the face of it , Sunak looks a shoe in . I would be happy with either him , lazy Mordaunt ,or the hapless Truss. Badenoch is untried , untested  ,but would probably be the greatest threat to Keir becoming the next Prime Minister. She appears very eloquent and composed.
Once one of the hapless three are elected  , Keir should go on and win the next General Election. Take our country back into the EU where it belongs.Christmas has come very early for us pro Europeans in the Labour party .

T00ts

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on July 19, 2022, 10:17:00 AM
I have a feeling that it is Michael Gove, Tony Blair and the Remain lobby (Whitehall) who are pulling the strings behind the scenes. Boris fought the deep state for two years but eventually they brought him down.

In the end it will have to be Farage to sort it all out.

He has moved on and is past his sell by date.

HallowedBrexit

I have a feeling that it is Michael Gove, Tony Blair and the Remain lobby (Whitehall) who are pulling the strings behind the scenes. Boris fought the deep state for two years but eventually they brought him down.

In the end it will have to be Farage to sort it all out.

Good old

Quote from: T00ts on July 19, 2022, 09:36:37 AM
I have no doubt at all that the vote will be doctored to get an opponent to Sunak that he feels confident he can beat. The whole process stinks.

Exactly why Mordaunt, has to go. Those polls that showed Mordaunt, being very popular in the membership, worked against her , because the Parliamentary party will work hard to make sure the membership don't get Penny to vote for. What is the point of a membership vote if the only choice is limited to two favoured in the house alone.?

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 19, 2022, 09:34:08 AM
This is the problem with the whole process that the conservatives have installed as their means of choosing a new leader . It doesn't work for anyone outside of Parliament . They will do a hatchet job on Sunaks opponent and that will be that , they may as well just appoint him now  and be done with it .

We may as well have stayed in the EU if this is how we are going to choose our  law makers
I am thinking you may be surprised. Sunak is unlikely to win against the last other person left in the race. Do the maths.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: Nick on July 18, 2022, 05:31:38 PM
I will not be voting for Sunak, treacherous and out of touch. 
Me: "I take it we have some paid up members on the panel. Who will you be voting for then?"

Quote from: Nick on July 19, 2022, 03:45:48 AM
No, why?

Then I assume you mean you won't vote for the Tories under Sunak, if he wins, as you can't vote for him unless you are a member. After all the thread is about the Tory leadership race, not a General Election.
So, do forgive me for getting the wrong impression. 
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

I have no doubt at all that the vote will be doctored to get an opponent to Sunak that he feels confident he can beat. The whole process stinks.
You are clearly no fan of Sunak. But doesn't polling suggest he can beat whichever of the others he is up against?

I have a sneaking suspcion that it will end up being Sunak versus Truss, whom for me is the biggest nightmare candidate so I would see Sunak as a lesser evil.

I suspect that the majority of Tugendhat's supporters will fall in behind Mordaunt, giving her a boost, and Badenoch will be the next one out. Most of Badenoch's supporters will then fall in behind Truss, pushing Mordaunt into third place. The margins are slim however. A minor boost for Badenoch at the expense of Truss could see Truss out instead. And a relatively modest boost for Mordaunt could see her in the top two.

But if I were a betting man my money would be on Sunak versus Truss. Which is a pity because of those remaining I think Mordaunt is the least obnoxiously bad, lol.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Maybe we need a party in charge that not only preaches democracy but practices it as well .